Balance Patch Preview?

pah.4931

Hi!

Are we going to get any dev post about what PvPers can expect with the balance patch next week? Even if its top level or tentative or "there will be hardly any changes that affect PvP".... it'd be swell to get a little heads up beforehand. Even, "There will be no post about it; you'll just have to wait and see!" would be acceptable. :D

Cool.

I tend not to get my hopes up a lot when it comes to PvP balance patches. But as someone who's been playing core power engineer, what I do want is for ArenaNet to finally buff core Engineer and its' kits. Same thing with core Necromancer. My biggest problem with ArenaNet lately is that they tend to focus on the new and shiny elite specializations while leaving the previous elite and core specializations to sit there in the corner, collecting dust.

@Hoodie.1045 said:I tend not to get my hopes up a lot when it comes to PvP balance patches. But as someone who's been playing core power engineer, what I do want is for ArenaNet to finally buff core Engineer and its' kits. Same thing with core Necromancer. My biggest problem with ArenaNet lately is that they tend to focus on the new and shiny elite specializations while leaving the previous elite and core specializations to sit there in the corner, collecting dust.

@Hoodie.1045 said:I tend not to get my hopes up a lot when it comes to PvP balance patches. But as someone who's been playing core power engineer, what I do want is for ArenaNet to finally buff core Engineer and its' kits. Same thing with core Necromancer. My biggest problem with ArenaNet lately is that they tend to focus on the new and shiny elite specializations while leaving the previous elite and core specializations to sit there in the corner, collecting dust.

The reason is simple. They do not often (ever?) split skill numbers/effects within a profession (i.e., a weapon or ability or trait does something different for Reaper than it does Scourge). This makes balancing core specs really really hard because Elites specs, which already have power creep from abilities, also have access to all weapons and utilities and traitlines that core specs do.

The only real answer is to overhaul the specs and make each "core" an elite spec that the HoT and PoF specs cannot access... it's a massive undertaking and destroys all sorts of current builds... I don't see that happening.

@Voltekka.2375 said:We will probably see a necro nerf, a mesmer nerf (which will be a buff, actually), a reve buff (which will be effectively a nerf), a spellbreaker nerf, an ele buff (maybe ice aa scepter will get a 5% bonus to dmg)

You've basically summed up all gw2 balance patches right here. All you're missing is a random thief nerf.

@Lyger.5429 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:We will probably see a necro nerf, a mesmer nerf (which will be a buff, actually), a reve buff (which will be effectively a nerf), a spellbreaker nerf, an ele buff (maybe ice aa scepter will get a 5% bonus to dmg)

You've basically summed up all gw2 balance patches right here. All you're missing is a random thief nerf.

He's missing the Shatterstone buff, too. Also Spirit Weapon buffs and Engineer condition cleanse nerfs.

Archived