think they will actually give dagger some love

Eleazar.9478

I'll wait and see. Dagger might not even see an update due to underwater changes. Besides, the last time dagger got something was "Instinctive Engage: Increased damage by 67% in PvP and WvW" on the March 27th patch, so I'm not expecting anything this round.

I'm more curious if they are going to at least increase the number of targets on Crippling Thrust (sword auto chain) and take care of the self-root on Evasive Strike found on both Ranger's and Mesmer's underwater spear auto attack chain. It's an annoying hindrance when trying to be mobile while attacking only to stop.

@"Wondrouswall.7169" said:I'll wait and see. Dagger might not even see an update due to underwater changes. Besides, the last time dagger got something was "Instinctive Engage: Increased damage by 67% in PvP and WvW" on the March 27th patch, so I'm not expecting anything this round.

I'm more curious if they are going to at least increase the number of targets on Crippling Thrust (sword auto chain) and take care of the self-root on Evasive Strike found on both Ranger's and Mesmer's underwater spear auto attack chain. It's an annoying hindrance when trying to be mobile while attacking only to stop.

I hear ya man but that buff did like all hybrid weapons nothing. If it don't have utility it sucks

@Belishine.7493 said:i dont know what you mean when you say it has no utility its good for gap closeing and its good dps and good for condi

Dps is no utility. Sword and Greatsword have great utility, dagger has only number 3.An evade on 3 would be nice though and a daze + poison instead of poison+ bleed on 2 would give it utility and better trait interactions.

I agree, utility is the main issue with dagger. A nice 5k+ arcing slice or eviscerate in your face while you whittle away in medium armor adding conditions to them while they have constant resistance going. It's the best. How about just one evade built in there somewhere or a skill that gives vigor?

• 3 weeks later...

@BadSanta.6527 said:i just hope for druid buff i dont like soul beast

They should just revert the most recent nerf to it, it was in a good spot int the beginning of the season. that being said glyphs and and underutilized traits and such should get a buff or clean up.

Why dont you like soulbeast? its ranger on crack, so many combos and ways to play.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

They should just revert the most recent nerf to it, it was in a good spot int the beginning of the season. that being said glyphs and and underutilized traits and such should get a buff or clean up.

Why dont you like soulbeast? its ranger on crack, so many combos and ways to play.

Personally i like Soulbeast more too, just because it has an interaction mechanic with the pet and nit just a slap on mode.It still needs heavy tweaks and refinements. I dont like how the traits collide with eachother or how they favor power over condi whichmakes the main weapon of Sbeast aka the dagger less effective as lets say GS for example.The weapon lacks utility and besides dmg it provides only some mobility. Better traits, better access to soulbeast mode, less punishment for leaving beastmode and better utility on dagger would be nice and would make a good spec great.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Personally i like Soulbeast more too, just because it has an interaction mechanic with the pet and nit just a slap on mode.It still needs heavy tweaks and refinements. I dont like how the traits collide with eachother or how they favor power over condi whichmakes the main weapon of Sbeast aka the dagger less effective as lets say GS for example.The weapon lacks utility and besides dmg it provides only some mobility. Better traits, better access to soulbeast mode, less punishment for leaving beastmode and better utility on dagger would be nice and would make a good spec great.

OH I'm sure you know my thoughts on dagger

The problem I have with Soulbeast is that the dagger is just boring as a weapon, i mean, cmon the 2 skill is pretty much just an auto. And that the traits are just.... bad, they’re so clunky and boring and don’t even feel like they truly fit for Soulbeast in the first place. Like, cmon Anet, could’ve made it closer to how berserkers traits were where they all kinds focus around beast mode.

The actual playstyle of Soulbeast though is super fun.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

Why dont you like soulbeast? its ranger on crack, so many combos and ways to play.Well I don’t like Soulbeast for some reasons: a- it is boring , b I hate the mechanic, c the animation so bad

@BadSanta.6527 said:

Why dont you like soulbeast? its ranger on crack, so many combos and ways to play.Well I don’t like Soulbeast for some reasons: a- it is boring , b I hate the mechanic, c the animation so bad

My homie I bet your playing it wrong, (I mean ya for pve it's boring as fuck since theres no incentive) but for PvP dude the combos, try merging and unmerging using the pet AI to supplement your bursts is quite beautiful once you realize it's all about hopping in and out of soulbeast form

I have given up hope on dagger becoming viable. We have gotten what, a power coefficient increase on dagger 3? Lol. I'm sure it's fine to ANet because it's a meta dps weapon for PvE. Such a disappointment.

On a side note, I agree that soulbeast as a whole is an absolute blast. I have so much fun roaming with it in WvW. I have fantastic success with it, and I honestly love dying to them in WvW because it's so beautiful to see them played well.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

My homie I bet your playing it wrong, (I mean ya for pve it's boring as kitten since theres no incentive) but for PvP dude the combos, try merging and unmerging using the pet AI to supplement your bursts is quite beautiful once you realize it's all about hopping in and out of soulbeast form

My homie I bet your playing it wrong, (I mean ya for pve it's boring as kitten since theres no incentive) but for PvP dude the combos, try merging and unmerging using the pet AI to supplement your bursts is quite beautiful once you realize it's all about hopping in and out of soulbeast form

Forgot to mention yeah I’m pve player most of the time

@Eleazar.9478 said:

OH I'm sure you know my thoughts on dagger

Ditto.

The problem I'm finding with Dagger is that its mostly mimicking Thief and Spell Breaker attack types, but doesn't have either the quick defense or counter options SB and Thief has. This is why Sword is still used in PvP, because it has access to 2 evasive skills to supplement its weak areas in Melee.... mainly Ranger's inability to tank raw damage, and the expensive single use escape utilities. These utilities were made to compliment their ranged abilities, and rapidly disengage when an enemy gets too close or if melee gets too hot. Dagger has no disengage, nor an Evade, and I suspect this is because its designed to have Stances doing all the grunt work. But the stances can't tank the damage, and the Poison/Heal trait can't outsustain incoming damage, even with the full Vulture/Wolf/Bonfire/Dagger combo pulsing damage ticks left and right. If 2 or 3 had an Evade or Block, those skills could have a much needed Melee defense to stay in the fight, so its not trying to do a clunky disengage to avoid big damage. The Engage is fine.... its once they're in the fight that things get awkward.

@starlinvf.1358 said:The problem I'm finding with Dagger is that its mostly mimicking Thief and Spell Breaker attack types, but doesn't have either the quick defense or counter options SB and Thief has. This is why Sword is still used in PvP, because it has access to 2 evasive skills to supplement its weak areas in Melee.... mainly Ranger's inability to tank raw damage, and the expensive single use escape utilities. These utilities were made to compliment their ranged abilities, and rapidly disengage when an enemy gets too close or if melee gets too hot. Dagger has no disengage, nor an Evade, and I suspect this is because its designed to have Stances doing all the grunt work. But the stances can't tank the damage, and the Poison/Heal trait can't outsustain incoming damage, even with the full Vulture/Wolf/Bonfire/Dagger combo pulsing damage ticks left and right. If 2 or 3 had an Evade or Block, those skills could have a much needed Melee defense to stay in the fight, so its not trying to do a clunky disengage to avoid big damage. The Engage is fine.... its once they're in the fight that things get awkward.

Jupp thats true.Personally th engage is a good skill. As a gap closer it has awesome utility but it has no use when you get nuked during flight. So an evade on 3 would be fine. Daze on 2 would be nice too and it would serve better synergy with twice as vicious. The attack itself should apply heavy poison instead of bleed to give more heal with PC and the pet should apply a daze instead of poison to give the weapon close combat control and thereafter the dmg buff. Its still a dmg oriented weapon but it keeps you alive until you get into close range to finish off your target.Sword is required fir repositioning and get some free space. Dagger OH should get charges on its skills to.make it more spammable and give it the OH role of its corrisponding MH, a pursuing condi weapon for close combat.

i would like dagger 2 to steal boons and apply more charges of poison. Dagger 3 should be an evade.

Dagger 4 to have charges and to apply daze and evade, dagger 5 a teleport to work as judges intervention but with bleeds and cripple. Or to work as two phase skill, one the initial hit, and if it hit for 10 seconds you can activate for teleport to target and second hit.

Archived