Game bre4aking cheating for roamers small groups

Jaising.7253

I appreciate the recent ban involving the cheaters and players using hacks in the game.

But are they WvW related, are the banned players a direct result of proof, complaints, reports filed by their victims? Or was it a random ban to say we did something?

Silver ranked assaulters, bronze ranked assaulters taking no damage from conditions, or cripples have no effect after repeated applications, never make a mistake dodge, reflect, invuln, evade every attack is unbelievable.

Here's the truth, while Anet did ban players for cheating, hacking, the sheer numbers of players flying, running at top speeds in combat, with debilitating effects on them is unbelievable.

Mirages retaining stealth permanently and teleporting off tower walls thousands of meters away that land and deliver an instant downed attack on anyone they choose,

this has been rampant every night since the ban, so what happened?

The banned player accounts made new accounts , that's why they are bronze and silver ranked and are now hacking, cheating with impunity on these new accounts disrupting gameplay, destroying roamers, small groups at will and gaining all the rewards for cheating.

I'm not blaming Anet for this round of cheating but something permanently has to be done to stop this nonsense once and for all.

I am so very disappointed software and programs other successful MMORPGS use are not picked up and adopted by Anet.

@steki.1478 said:Did they have resistance? Did you apply multiple conditions so they couldn't cleanse instantly?

Stealthing mirages with huge mobility are unfortunately a feature, not a hack. Also applies to blocks and invulns.

I am a platinum major who mains a mirage and I'm quite familiar with the profession and what can and cannot be done, this isn't a cry wolf story I got beat down, this is legit hacking by many many players and a lot of players notice the same exact thing and other things I never even knew to look for.

What server are you on? Just curious since you seem to see cheaters everywhere, so it must be the servers you meet.

Also the latest banwave was because of people running GW2 and hacking tools at the same time - they didnt even have to cheat at GW2 itself. Anet doesnt ban on every report no, because 95%+ of them are probably false reports. Especially when reporting thieves or mesmers because their teleports seem to irk people. They look into them and act accordingly.

"The banned player accounts made new accounts , that's why they are bronze and silver ranked and are now hacking, cheating with impunity on these new accounts disrupting gameplay, destroying roamers, small groups at will and gaining all the rewards for cheating."

Excuse me, but getting to level 150 to get the bronze rank alone would take a huge amount of time, unless they run boosts and run with zergs for a few days without sleep. They are NOT people who got banned and made new accounts lol

@Jaising.7253 said:I appreciate the recent ban involving the cheaters and players using hacks in the game.But are they WvW related, are the banned players a direct result of proof, complaints, reports filed by their victims? Or was it a random ban to say we did something?those bans are based on anet actually tracking if you run cheating software over extended periods, not a direct result of complaints. i do get reported alot every week, i would be long gone if people would just get banned for being reported.on the server i currently am for a week, there are 2 players that half of the day accuse most opponents for cheating. one even thinks there needs to be at least 2 good opponents to kill him. if one is able to kill him solo, they are automatically cheaters because its impossible.i do think my self experienced enough to spot if a hack is being used, but i see a hacker maybe once every few month and then it is mostly just a little teleport hack, ofc now you could say they run it more subtle so they dont get recognized easy, but then i still would see myself against unkillable opponents that just are 'that good' - but i really dont see any unkillable opponents, sure some are tough but not unkillable.i also do play alot so i dont think it is lack of playtime that i dont run into them, i am on an EU server not sure how bad it is over on the NA servers.

If you see someone you are sure is cheating, /report them using the in game tool or take video/screenshots and file a support ticket. Besides the public suspension wave we know about, ANet also suspends (and bans) individual accounts. They only do so when there is a report and they can follow up to find evidence of cheating (or apparently, going forward, evidence that the accounts run tools that can be used to cheat).

It shouldn't matter whether they are bronze or gold, mesmer or ranger: file the report, and move on. There's nothing that we can do that is going to accelerate attention to particular instances of suspected cheating besides providing the details needed for follow up.

tl;dr report and move on.

Getting to silver rank means a large amount of time investment on its own, you have to be rank 600+ already. People aren't just going to be popping new accounts out and getting them to silver. Either you've got a large amount of cheaters on your hands or... well, maybe they're not cheating who knows.

@Jaising.7253 said:

@steki.1478 said:Did they have resistance? Did you apply multiple conditions so they couldn't cleanse instantly?

Stealthing mirages with huge mobility are unfortunately a feature, not a hack. Also applies to blocks and invulns.

I am a platinum major who mains a mirage and I'm quite familiar with the profession and what can and cannot be done, this isn't a cry wolf story I got beat down, this is legit hacking by many many players and a lot of players notice the same exact thing and other things I never even knew to look for.

This sounds like a case of someone who thinks they're better than they actually are. Here is a tip: There will always be players that can beat you.

Would be better to have some video of alleged cheating. I do get suspicious of claims of hacks because too many players tend to call hacks too easily. This game does have hackers, but I don't think it is as prevalent as it is sometimes made out to be. Out of the most recent banwave, the number of accounts suspended was actually pretty small in comparison to total population and that had included accounts with cheat software running, not necessarily cheating in GW2.

@"Chaba.5410" said:Would be better to have some video of alleged cheating. I do get suspicious of claims of hacks because too many players tend to call hacks too easily. This game does have hackers, but I don't think it is as prevalent as it is sometimes made out to be. Out of the most recent banwave, the number of accounts suspended was actually pretty small in comparison to total population and that had included accounts with cheat software running, not necessarily cheating in GW2.

Yeah it would be great. I still wish to see a clip from the guy last weekend that claimed to have recorded and reported me for cheating so I can "enjoy the next banwave", lol (of course Anet mods deleted my post with the whisper in the mesmer OP thread, was expected and I dont care). It would be cool to see yourself apparently owning someone so bad you get accused of cheating.

Getting wvw rank used to be much easier than it is now. You could run eotm and karma train or use tokens to buy xp. When ftp came, those hackers prbly have more accounts than you do toons. You do not see Diamond rank now because anet made it easier.

OP isn't wrong though, I have seen a lot more hacks since the ban. Mesmer main and nothing in the mirage toolkit allows them to go from the Anz sentry to the OW sentry in 2 seconds (it was actually less on the video, I rounded up). No portal, I was on the cliff overlooking SMC red facing gate, watched him attack (melee range) the sentry at Anz, the second the sentry point flipped blue, he was at the front gate guards and than instantly again at the OW sentry (still with my target mark on him).

It really is getting ridiculous (more so than before).

The likelihood of actually catching a cheater is pretty slim. Most cheaters just use subtle hacks like speed staying at 100% even when chilled or immobilized or crippled. The fliers and port hackers if you actually do see a legit one is somebody usually being salty and disrupting the game on purpose. Like the guys that think ddossing anet is going to do anything.If a cheater made a new account they'd be really low rank prob not up to bronze yet unless they farmed eotm for days non stop.But hey, since the banwave have you seen the explosion of new low rank players that act like they have experience in wvw? Those are prob the cheaters that got hit in the banwave.

@Ubi.4136 said:OP isn't wrong though, I have seen a lot more hacks since the ban. Mesmer main and nothing in the mirage toolkit allows them to go from the Anz sentry to the OW sentry in 2 seconds (it was actually less on the video, I rounded up). No portal, I was on the cliff overlooking SMC red facing gate, watched him attack (melee range) the sentry at Anz, the second the sentry point flipped blue, he was at the front gate guards and than instantly again at the OW sentry (still with my target mark on him).

It really is getting ridiculous (more so than before).

It's because everyone knows how ANet operates; they ban in waves and waves only.

So as soon as a wave happens, everyone basically just knows they won't do another ban for a while and fires up the cheats.

This is why announcements on the issue coming from ANet are kind of counter-productive. If they did tons of continuous bans, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

It's also why F2P accounts shouldn't be allowed in WvW or sPvP. Make cheaters start spending $60 every time they get caught and a lot of people will stop.

Banning IP addresses won't work. For example.I live in a small community on a wifi system set up on a node .If I were to to banned for some reason and my IP was blocked ,they would end up blocking the entire community.Although this is a small example many people get their internet this way .Blocking IP's is just not practical.Even blocking Mac addresses of individual computers won't work because they will only see the address of my router.And Mac addresses can be spoofed.Really the best way is to keep monitoring as they do and delete accounts that are involved in ban able offenses.New accounts should be put on a six month watch .That may seem harsh or even invasive .But it may help discourage cheating.

Archived