Ranger Underwater Skills

Kilrik.6320

I think that ranger currently is above most professions in underwater combat/skills, and I am curious as to how they might be changed as mentioned for the May 8th update. I don't think we have any over-tuned skills and I fear that numbers will be tweaked more than skills being changed. At this point, not many engage in underwater combat, so I understand the reason for their focus. It was initially one of the selling points to the original game. It has been years since the pirate ship (only water combat in pvp) and Alpine borderlands with the water-centered lake.

I believe most people dislike water combat, so the game accompanied the preference rather than changing aspects of the combat style. Maybe this upcoming change will revamp it to where it is more desirable. I like the idea of water combat, and I believe they originally thought it would become a much bigger enterprise even hinting at a water-based dragon and introducing 3 water races. Aside from this, I saw any and all focus die for water combat when I saw the revenant's water combat skills. Of course, it's still part of pve and the fractal, but any ideas of how to (or how they might try to) save water combat?

Well they could change some pure terrestrial pets to amphibic ones. Like i.e canines.

Root on spear AA could get a change too i assume and maybe give speargun a pierce on baseline instead of giving it via LB trait which makes no freaking sense in the first place.

But everything else is written among the stars.

As long as all professions are able to access every utility (unsure about racial skills) underwater, then that would be enough for me. Doubt the upcoming update would change many minds about underwater combat, but at least it aims to make it more tolerable/enjoyable.

Curious to see how Muddy Terrain would work underwater if made available.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:As long as all professions are able to access every utility (unsure about racial skills) underwater, then that would be enough for me. Doubt the upcoming update would change many minds about underwater combat, but at least it aims to make it more tolerable/enjoyable.

Curious to see how Muddy Terrain would work underwater if made available.

Maybe a blind bubble. Cast times and CDs will be reduces probably for sure.

@Kilrik.6320 said:I think that ranger currently is above most professions in underwater combat/skills, and I am curious as to how they might be changed as mentioned for the May 8th update. I don't think we have any over-tuned skills and I fear that numbers will be tweaked more than skills being changed. At this point, not many engage in underwater combat, so I understand the reason for their focus. It was initially one of the selling points to the original game. It has been years since the pirate ship (only water combat in pvp) and Alpine borderlands with the water-centered lake.

Professions like the engineer and thief could use a few improvements to underwater skills. Engineer isn't bad, it's just that it's very slow to fight underwater and thief has 2 evasion skill, one which is completely unnecessary and the only hard hitting one is skill 3.

We'll just have to wait and see how they'll improve the underwater skills on the professions.

Archived