Disconnection Issues

Daniel.5428

To be prepared for a situation like this is what makes the difference between Good devs and Bad devs. 2 days and is still impossible to play it. Is just about luck. If the map is full you will just be disconnected. Is impossible to play like this. The forum is full of posts about problems and Anet was just absent. They post only when things are good. In conclusion, it was the worst major patch launch I've ever seen in a MMO game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Daniel.5428 said:To be prepared for a situation like this is what makes the difference between Good devs and Bad devs. 2 days and is still impossible to play it. Is just about luck. If the map is full you will just be disconnected. Is impossible to play like this. The forum is full of posts about problems and Anet was just absent. They post only when things are good. In conclusion, it was the worst major patch launch I've ever seen in a MMO game.

Then I can tell you haven't had much experience with major updates in MMO's.

I think you are forgetting that you are ONE of THOUSANDS of people playing this game right now. Which means 1) there is a lot of stress and launches often go bad, and 2) there are TONS of people who are not having any problems at all (I have not had a single issue). Statistically speaking, I think it's been a success. People without any problems aren't going to make a bunch of forum topics about their joys. So it makes sense there are a lot of posts.

Lastly, if this is your worst launch experience ever, then good for you! This has been relatively smooth, I think.

But, sorry you are having trouble. It sucks when you are the one with the bad luck. I hope things get worked out for you.

@Daniel.5428 said:To be prepared for a situation like this is what makes the difference between Good devs and Bad devs. 2 days and is still impossible to play it. Is just about luck. If the map is full you will just be disconnected. Is impossible to play like this. The forum is full of posts about problems and Anet was just absent. They post only when things are good. In conclusion, it was the worst major patch launch I've ever seen in a MMO game.

Um, actually ANet has been posting a fair bit, just not in every thread. They acknowledged there have been some server issues and they've tried to tackle them as quickly as possible. Some instances/servers have definitely been wonky, but it seems to go away reasonably quickly. I'm really sorry that you've found it unplayable, but there are tons of people who are playing just fine (or mostly just fine).

@Bloodtau.4672 said:

Then I can tell you haven't had much experience with major updates in MMO's.

Let's see... Error 37 Diablo, lots of bugs in WoW, lots of bugs in other games...The only thing annoying so far is the server outage. The resets are expected/real things that are probably dealing with issues.

I think the launch has been good. You all must understand there are thousands of people playing which is causing stress on servers. It is something beyond anyones control. Anet has been working hard to keep it steady and working that is the important part.. I have never seen a single game that has had a perfect launch. We don't live in a perfect world nothing will go off perfectly without a hitch. It is just something we must all accept.

@xikira.3264 said:I think the launch has been good. You all must understand there are thousands of people playing which is causing stress on servers. It is something beyond anyones control. Anet has been working hard to keep it steady and working that is the important part.. I have never seen a single game that has had a perfect launch. We don't live in a perfect world nothing will go off perfectly without a hitch. It is just something we must all accept.

i dont think we must accept that we paid real money to be able to play on launch day, and its lotery who can play and who cant, now im stuck out of game cause i cant log back, got all of the bugs that were listed, not loading instances, infinite load in to instances, srashes before being able to claim reward for story, and i dont think it is something beyond anyones control, its just that anets agrees that some ppl wont be able to play, and that when more will progres to next maps those unlucky that got stuck on first map will be able to join later when there is less population on new maps, but that is something that they just willing to alow.

Good grief, the hyperbole is alive and well, isn't it? The game is not impossible to play. I was on most of last night and all morning. I had one roll back that took me back about two minutes.

You obviously never play MMOs if you think this is bad.

Only shows your lack of experience playing release days. It's normal (if you have enough experience with MMOs to know it) for it to take a week or so to smooth things out. It's how they will handle the first week, and improvements/updates/bug-fixes what determines good and bad devs, and thus far they seem to be busting their assess off. I ain't gonna judge until I see how it will be by the end of the next week.

The issues are on EU, and they are terrible, literally taking 1-2h (that's right, HOURS) to load a map with 20-60 secs lag spikes on The Desolation and Vabbi, not to mention the disconnects.And this is not a player or two, guilds have cancelled events like getting the new guild hall because players can't load into the new maps.Half of my guild gave up already and they are playing smth else.

You must be new to MMOs if this is your worst first impression ever in an mmo. I started in 1997 since Ultima Online and trust me, this is far from the worst ;)

You think THIS is bad? FF14, Stormblood release. Instance servers and dungeons were down for days on end, people locked behind story content with the mere hopes and prayers that they could get through. We called the walls Raubhan Extreme and Pipin Extreme. This is nothing compared to that. While we can still do most of the open world and do that sort of thing including dungeons, other instances, etc. here in GW2, it wasn't possible in FF14 for days.

Archived