Woven Stride

Vinny.7260

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Woven_Stride

Desire:I believe that Weaver deserves an attack-speed buff in some form. This form, in my opinion, should be through Swiftness. Swiftness should grant a 10% increased attack-speed boost instead of its previous effect of increasing the potency of the movement speed. It would thematically fit better than the old one since it would allow for an even more aggressive role of a specialization intended for an aggressive role.

Considering that you would use that trait only on melee builds (for free cleanses) and that those weapon skills take less than 1 second to cast, 10% attack speed is pointless. Improved protection was minor trait on tempest, but swiftness is major on weaver, another thing that makes no sense.

What trait needs is condi cleanse on its own, whether it's through superspeed, swiftness (with icd) or something else. That way, if we decide to use water spec, we can run improved soothing mist and not waste over 800 stats on healing power.

@"steki.1478" said:Considering that you would use that trait only on melee builds (for free cleanses) and that those weapon skills take less than 1 second to cast, 10% attack speed is pointless. Improved protection was minor trait on tempest, but swiftness is major on weaver, another thing that makes no sense.

What trait needs is condi cleanse on its own, whether it's through superspeed, swiftness (with icd) or something else. That way, if we decide to use water spec, we can run improved soothing mist and not waste over 800 stats on healing power.

As weaver not a def class and should have its own clears build into its melee kit not shoehorn in by another "you must take water for it to have a real use GM." If any thing the barrier on dodge roll should be clear on barrier application and woven strides should be the faster cast or faster attk tool. Right now you have a def GM another def GM and the only GM that is viable for the dmg elite spec.

@"steki.1478" said:Considering that you would use that trait only on melee builds (for free cleanses) and that those weapon skills take less than 1 second to cast, 10% attack speed is pointless. Improved protection was minor trait on tempest, but swiftness is major on weaver, another thing that makes no sense.

I've wanted Quickness on Weaver... But the only skill I can think of that could use Quickness is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unravel

@kybraga.7103 said:

I've wanted Quickness on Weaver... But the only skill I can think of that could use Quickness is

Considering that weaver traits are designed around speed and damage (and self sustain), quickness does make sense. Current unravel is disgrace for ele.

@kybraga.7103 said:

I've wanted Quickness on Weaver... But the only skill I can think of that could use Quickness is

I would love to see real quickness on weaver it would fit so well with all of its slow moving attks and long cast times but for sure you should not get both quickness as a pure dps +. This is what ele is missing over all a "kick" in effect where you can push dmg speed or debuff/boon strip some one at the last moment to throw ppl off. I think ele is one of the only class who lack this type of effect. Ele / weaver are too known you cant switch things up on ppl every thing you do is so telegraph the other player knows what your going to do before you may know it.

Originally Woven stride had other name (which i dont remember anymore) and that trait was suposed to remove conditions, but it was bugged and dont removed all the conditions it has in the tooltip.

What i want of this trait is to comeback to its first version, not bugged obviously. So we dont have to depend on water to cleanse conditions.

@Conqueror.3682 said:Originally Woven stride had other name (which i dont remember anymore) and that trait was suposed to remove conditions, but it was bugged and dont removed all the conditions it has in the tooltip.

What i want of this trait is to comeback to its first version, not bugged obviously. So we dont have to depend on water to cleanse conditions.

Unravel Hexes; I miss it too.

Don't think a 10% attacked speed buff is really what weaver needs, although the speed buff on the trait isn't really that useful either.

So perhaps, give us a 33% chance on cleansing a condition when applying swiftness to ourselves. This makes it not too OP? i think and at the same time, it would release us from water traitline when playing weaver.

Archived