An Eye on the Deadeye - Page 20 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

An Eye on the Deadeye

1141516171820>

Comments

• caveman.5840caveman.5840 Member ✭✭✭

deadeye is such a boring spec I miss being able to play power D/D I really wish they would bring that build back

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

If they would bring Rifle back to my specialization that would be awesome and well-deserved.
    I am still very salty that Core Thief player got to leech on traits and gameplay designed for "us" and ruined the main weapon, the main aspect, on the way, basically nullifying the entire idea (long-range combat) they had in mind and in situ for 8 months. A total niche that was fun for enough people. They could've taken the time to fix Mesmer or bring Revenant back. Or fix the stuff that killed their eSports. Nahhh, it's something that works as intended.
    Also, the whole advertising material, the promotion pictures, videos, introductions, all are right now a bad joke when people play Deadeye primarily with a mobile and/or Dagger/Dagger build and such nonsense.

I've/we've been promised and offerd something different than what we have now. Like buying chocolate icecream but upon opening, you see yellow, vanilla-ish slugdge in the box where hazelnuts are printed on...

Excelsior.

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

@Zedek.8932 said:
    Also, the whole advertising material, the promotion pictures, videos, introductions, all are right now a bad joke when people play Deadeye primarily with a mobile and/or Dagger/Dagger build and such nonsense.

To be fair, at least P/P was obviously part of the thoughtprocess when designing this spec. Just look at the icons:

They clearly show a bandit dual wielding pistols and Be Quick or Be Killed is pretty much perfect for run n gun gameplay. Maleficent Seven is a reference to an old western movie from 1960. I don't think it's fair critisism to say that DE "was never meant to run P/P" when like half the skilltree is either featuring pistols or is a referece to old western.

That being said the marketing has done a poor job representing this elite spec accurately and rifle is in dire need of various buffs.

• Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭

@MUDse.7623 said:

I would like to try and duel you if it was possible. :) So i can see how do you play that DE since if i play it i only grab traded p\p and unload the crap out of everyone in my sight. Once i tried to play DE as trapper but mhe it was.... very meh with the lack of that one pretty dodge DD gives i had hard time staying alive. Since then i gave up on that idea but i just wanted to say it that it is possible (it was ranked)

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:

I would like to try and duel you if it was possible. :) So i can see how do you play that DE since if i play it i only grab traded p\p and unload the crap out of everyone in my sight. Once i tried to play DE as trapper but mhe it was.... very meh with the lack of that one pretty dodge DD gives i had hard time staying alive. Since then i gave up on that idea but i just wanted to say it that it is possible (it was ranked)

i dont duel much, maybe like 1-2 times after a balance patch if it did affect my build to test something. i actually wanted to record how i play it currently and have some material but not edited yet, i will however delete it today as anet already said there will be changes today based on the feedback in the balance patch. so this will certainly affect the build and maybe ill need a week for optimization, then i can record a little. or i may be able to duel you if you are playing on EU servers, but i wont duel in spvp as i am not used to that envoirement only in WvW / EotM.

read this, become a better player now.

edited July 10, 2018

Ok sounds good ;^)
    also dont delete it yet. You might use it as comparison material after the patch so you can see if the changes were actually viable keep it you can show us as a proof if you see something is worse/better than it used to be. And i am on Eu servers yes currently on Piken Square.
    If you are interested pm me ;) i would come to have a friendly duel ;)

• Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

And more nonsensical nerfs for already underperforming builds... these balance patches literally boil down to: random stuff + whatever someone on the WvW / PvP subforum complains about. v.v

• DragonSlayer.1087DragonSlayer.1087 Member ✭✭✭

I can't with these "balances" lol.

• Miatela.5047Miatela.5047 Member ✭✭✭

Deadeye is now performing extremely well in PvE as Dagger/Dagger. It has a good niche of very high single target DPS that comes at the cost of being reliant on the rest of your team (Exposed Weakness and Premeditation) and positional awareness with a rotation that appears to be simple but can be maximised with proper Malice building in certain phases and management of cooldowns. That niche, though powerful, also comes at the expense of utility and cleave.

Rifle can offer even more damage but with a more limiting and challenging rotation.

So, yeah, good patch and awesome changes @Robert Gee.9246 and any of the other developers that have been working on this!

• Scud.5067Scud.5067 Member ✭✭✭

@Miatela.5047 said:
    Deadeye is now performing extremely well in PvE as Dagger/Dagger. It has a good niche of very high single target DPS that comes at the cost of being reliant on the rest of your team (Exposed Weakness and Premeditation) and positional awareness with a rotation that appears to be simple but can be maximised with proper Malice building in certain phases and management of cooldowns. That niche, though powerful, also comes at the expense of utility and cleave.

Rifle can offer even more damage but with a more limiting and challenging rotation.

So, yeah, good patch and awesome changes @Robert Gee.9246 and any of the other developers that have been working on this!

Aye. I think a number of folks need to actually play and attempt to work with the changes before calling it.

Strictly with regards to rifle, I've found the fluidity of the Deadeye greatly enhanced.

@Miatela.5047 said:

From now on i am just going to disagree.

• Ughhh they just hate this class or the dev handling this is really not into it. My goodness i'm starting to hate the dev team behind class balances.

• Miatela.5047Miatela.5047 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018

@Scud.5067 said:
    Aye. I think a number of folks need to actually play and attempt to work with the changes before calling it.

Strictly with regards to rifle, I've found the fluidity of the Deadeye greatly enhanced.

Yes, Rifle has been buffed considerably for PvE which makes some of the responses following my previous post confusing given the responses I've gotten for defending Dagger/Dagger.

Rifle Deadeye in PvE now has a reasonably demanding rotation that will be hard to pull off in practice but should be hitting close to 38K to 39K DPS when that happens.

In PvE, the changes are good - probably too good. I'd suggest that if there are any quick fixes and changes going out, Deadeye probably doesn't need the extra help from the 5% increased Dagger damage in Dagger Training and Daredevil needs reigned in a bit due to a very high amount of DPS which is easy to access, comes with cleave and stacks Vulnerability very easily. The Weakening Charge buff probably wasn't needed with how beneficial the new Expose Weakness is for PvE play.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2018

Sword could use some loving its too slow in competitive to ever land a hit on anything that knows how to move. So its pretty much just a pve weapon right now unless your target never moves at all. Edit: Even tried it with every quickness application possible still too slow to land hits on players imo.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.