[Suggestion] Barefoot?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I was unaware of the invisible boot box. I haven't fought one of those mushrooms yet because everytime someone calls one out on the map and I reply "WAIT I'M COMING I NEED IT", by the time I get there, even if it's right by a WP, they've killed it...

Oh well. I guess its presence means we won't get a barefoot option but at least there's something. And it's not locked behind a paywall either - though I guess it could be considered as such as you need access to Verdant Brink...

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:That was asked for multiple times. ANet’s answer is invisible boots you can’t craft and with an abysmal drop rate so that it’s not something you can readily get.

You can readily get slippers from TP :wink: :

1) there’s all of 5 on the trading post. Unless you’re arguing that 5 slippers is enough to supply everyone who wants invisible shoes then it’s not readily available.2) the lowest price is 2800 gold. Unless you’re arguing that that’s a price that’s easily available to all who want to buy these slippers then it’s not readily available.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:That was asked for multiple times. ANet’s answer is invisible boots you can’t craft and with an abysmal drop rate so that it’s not something you can readily get.

1) there’s all of 5 on the trading post. Unless you’re arguing that 5 slippers is enough to supply everyone who wants invisible shoes then it’s not readily available.2) the lowest price is 2800 gold. Unless you’re arguing that that’s a price that’s easily available to all who want to buy these slippers then it’s not readily available.

I see where you're coming from but you're not quite correct with terminology."Readily available" would mean if logged into the game right now on a brand new acc, could I get them? The answer is - Yes. Sure I'd need a bit of gold, but that technically can be done in a couple of minutes via bank card and conversion of gems to gold. Now if they were account bound, that would be a different story.Just saying that there are no barriers to access this item, just a price which some might not be prepared to pay.Now this isn't to say that this item is always readily available, but right now it is.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:That was asked for multiple times. ANet’s answer is invisible boots you can’t craft and with an abysmal drop rate so that it’s not something you can readily get.

I see where you're coming from but you're not quite correct with terminology."
Readily available
" would mean if logged into the game right now on a brand new acc, could I get them? The answer is - Yes. Sure I'd need a bit of gold, but that technically can be done in a couple of minutes via bank card and conversion of gems to gold. Now if they were account bound, that would be a different story.Just saying that there are no barriers to access this item, just a price which some might not be prepared to pay.Now this isn't to say that this item is always readily available, but right now it is.

And I say you’re not correct either as I’m talking readily available for the playerbase. Not just the ones that have sufficient disposable income to convert money to gold and who are one of the very few that can buy before the supply drops to zero or prices skyrocket.

Readily available means it’s within the reach of the average player through a low enough drop rate or buying/crafting. It’s not readily available when it’s a luxury item for the very few. Everything is “readily available” when you have enough money.

Readily available
" would mean if logged into the game right now on a brand new acc, could I get them? The answer is - Yes. Sure I'd need a bit of gold, but that technically can be done in a couple of minutes via bank card and conversion of gems to gold. Now if they were account bound, that would be a different story.Just saying that there are no barriers to access this item, just a price which some might not be prepared to pay.Now this isn't to say that this item is always readily available, but right now it is.

And I say you’re not correct either as I’m talking readily available
for the playerbase.
Not just the ones that have sufficient disposable income to convert money to gold and who are one of the very few that can buy before the supply drops to zero or prices skyrocket.

Readily available means it’s within the reach of the
average
player through a low enough drop rate or buying/crafting. It’s not readily available when it’s a luxury item for the very few.

Fair enough, I don't disagree it's a luxury - although this was clearly not specified in your first post.High price =/= unavailable.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

Readily available

And I say you’re not correct either as I’m talking readily available
for the playerbase.
Not just the ones that have sufficient disposable income to convert money to gold and who are one of the very few that can buy before the supply drops to zero or prices skyrocket.

Readily available means it’s within the reach of the
average
player through a low enough drop rate or buying/crafting. It’s not readily available when it’s a luxury item for the very few.

Fair enough, I don't disagree it's a luxury - although this was clearly not specified in your first post.High price =/= unavailable.

And I didn’t say high prices means it’s unavailable. I didn’t say anything at all about price in my first post. I said in my first post it’s not readily available due to abysmal drop rate and and not craftable.

If you really want a barefoot character and don't want to buy invisible boots or try for a drop make sure you check out the armour galleries on the Wiki and the Wardrobe preview in-game carefully because there might be other options.

• For example if you've got a light armoured character there's the Tribal shoes, or on sylvari the Orchid boots which are actually just a vine around their legs.
  • On medium (or even heavy) armour you might be able to combine slim boots with trousers that cover most of them and dye the bottoms to match your characters skin colour (especially on charr and asura where their toes often poke through).
  • Or if you're in an area of the game where you can afford the stat drop you could simply remove them. I think most PvE stuff would be possible to complete without shoes if you really wanted to.

Just to counter the "you can use your credit card so it's available" argument: 2800g would currently cost €180.

So yeah technically, you can buy it, but practically speaking no, you can't.

@"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:Ah, I was unaware of the invisible boot box. I haven't fought one of those mushrooms yet because everytime someone calls one out on the map and I reply "WAIT I'M COMING I NEED IT", by the time I get there, even if it's right by a WP, they've killed it...

Don't worry, I have a friend who's been farming it every day for years and never got a drop. :) It's rare like a precursor. It's easier to farm Gold elsewhere and buy it from TP. In my opinion it's not worth thousands of Gold but then again, I'm not fond of the idea of being barefoot... It's okay for Queen jennah in her throne room but kind of silly during exploring... :P

The invisible footwear are one of the worst examples of RNG use, ever.They are denying the vast majority of players the access to something that doesn't even require an artist work, something that by all logic should be simply a basic toggle, making it super rare, super expensive, a cause of debate, community infighting and obsessive behavior.As a social experiment about the value of digital products, its brilliant. As a GW2 content, is garbage, uncomfortably close to a scam. It's just wrong.Please stop it, Anet. It's your right to do it, no doubt, but IMO a decent company should be above this kind of jokes.

@"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:Ah, I was unaware of the invisible boot box. I haven't fought one of those mushrooms yet because everytime someone calls one out on the map and I reply "WAIT I'M COMING I NEED IT", by the time I get there, even if it's right by a WP, they've killed it...

Go to Bloodstone Fen. The treasure mushroom there is much easier to find. It's almost straight down from the airship, and the foes around it are (usually) much easier to deal with than the Mordrem (partly because they are less numerous).

@Pifil.5193 said:

Just to counter the "you can use your credit card so it's available" argument: 2800g would currently cost €180.

So yeah technically, you can buy it, but practically speaking no, you can't.

Your comment about real money to gold conversion does not support your statement that, "practically speaking, no you can't," buy the item.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Go to Bloodstone Fen. The treasure mushroom there is much easier to find. It's almost straight down from the airship, and the foes around it are (usually) much easier to deal with than the Mordrem (partly because they are less numerous).

Will do when I'm there. I'm only at Auric Basin now in the story. Holding off on going further as I'm waiting on my friend catching up.

Archived