Guild Wars 2 been "blocked" in Russia

Hello.As we all know: Russian government is trying to ban Telegram messenger.And they block every god damn thing.So now they are collecting an information from ISPs.I spoke with my ISP about this. And they ask me to contact Anet support for provide them a full list of IP addresses that you use.So, can you, dear Anet, provide me the full list of IPs that Guild Wars 2 is using so I can send it to my ISP and they will work with it?Or do I have to tell my ISP to connect you directly?In that case: please leave an e-mail what they can use for a request.

Thank you.

@"Wintermute.5408" said:+1

The thing not working most immediately is login server. It gives Error Code: 42:1000:7006:1232 in launcher, and simply doesn't load when trying to log-in via browser.

Game seems to be updating normally though, so not everything is blocked.

Game is using a lot of addresses.Like every instance of location has its own IP.So once I enter "wrong" location and got disconnected and been unable to re-connect.

BUT I was able to log my another character which was at another location.

Ofc I would run Wireshark and look for login-server IP and provide it to my ISP.But I know: game is using more than 1 IP. So I ask Anet to help me out.

P.S: Don't Anet work at weekend? Still no answer from them.

@Mike.7189 said:P.S: Don't Anet work at weekend? Still no answer from them

Response time indication is 72 hours. They do work in the weekend, but with a limited crew mostly working in first line responses.

In this case you don’t want a first line response. The short and easy answer is: we are not responsible for blockades from the Russian government and actually encourage you to follow directions set out by your government (prolly much better stated than I can).

For any other replies they would come from a senior supporter who most likely does not work in the weekend.

I work in support myself and in this case, if I consider helping you, I would consult the legal department and the server maintenance department. It might also be that they take a stance that this needs to be brought to the attention of the cloud solution used by arenanet. So the longer an answer takes, the more chance you have on an answer you prefer.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Wonder if this has to do with the telegram ban on Russia, since some were amazon Ip's and some subnets.

Other threads say, yes, this is exactly what is happening. I cannot vouch for their accuracy, but since the question is asked here, I can relay that this is what other people have said based on their investigation into why GW2 is blocked within Russia.

Wow...more censorship in Russia...I will be honest, as a citizen of the US I feel for them. But it just goes to show, when one person or group is allowed to have near absolute power and control, the people suffer. It would be great if we could all just live free and peacefully.

I hope things get straightened out for you over there.

Can you submit a ticket to your government to ask them to stop messing with the internet? The current blockings are like killing a mosquito with a cannon shot.

Yes, ANet could make an IP list but it is not their decision to block Amazon servers to begin with. And I do not know how often ArenaNet server IP's tend to change.

@Mike.7189 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:Oh, man, that is some BULL****!!! Sorry but if I were in a country where that kind of censorship is taking place, it would be revolution time.

haha look at North Korea, is there any revolution?Kinda same in russia ;)

I don't live there, either. People are only oppressed when they allow themselves to be. Fight fight fight!!!!

Archived