About Getting WvW Legendary Armor - Two Ways?

Is it true that you don't need the Mistforged Triumphant Hero's ascended set (requiring 1500-2000 WvW Rank) to make legendary, but instead can just use the regular Triumphant Hero's Ascended set (no 1500-2000 rank required) to make Legendary armor? According to the Wiki either one can be used for the Legendary recipe. The only difference is the Mistforged has a fancy skin and effects that requires the high rank.

I need confirmation on this.

You say "two ways" but the wvw leg armors aren't obtainable in 2 ways. The are both obtained in the same way.It's more like 2 types, but the way to get each type is the same basically the same. The difference is the price and requirements.

Also, raids aside, the pve leg armor seems like a huge pain to get anyway. So many little collections to do.. ughh.Thank god for the wvw sets...

Because pvers leggy is way less time gated, its skins are unique and not just a rework on an already existing skin, and it requires more effort (According to raiders, at least). Did i forget anything?Edit, in wvw, the way arent different, really. You just get to pick the skin you like, by either spending more gold for T2 (tailor-leather-armorer marks are needed) less wvw tickets and no rank requirements, or the T3 which requires less gold, more tickets and has a rank prerequisite.

@Israel.7056 said:I think the real question is why dont WvW and PvP get unique skins?

Because they said they wouldnt make more due to the fact that it already took then waaaay too long to finish the raid leggy set, which was not well received by the playerbase (people expected it to look much, much better). As wvw players, we are lucky to even have leggy armor. I think i had read that somewhere...

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Israel.7056 said:I think the real question is why dont WvW and PvP get unique skins?

Because they said they wouldnt make more due to the fact that it already took then waaaay too long to finish the raid leggy set, which was not well received by the playerbase (people expected it to look much, much better). As wvw players, we are lucky to even have leggy armor. I think i had read that somewhere...

Yeah I remember reading that too seems a pretty bad excuse to me. 'We screwed up the PvE ones so we're not even gonna try with the WvW ones so sorry you still buy our mount skins for 2k gems though lol k bye.'

@Voltekka.2375 said:

To be honest, I'm just happy to have the stat/rune swapping ability. I'm never going to swap the skins I've used for 4 years.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

To be honest, I'm just happy to have the stat/rune swapping ability. I'm never going to swap the skins I've used for 4 years.

I wasn't aware they actually have rune swapping, too. I may have to get the set for my necro over my warrior, though. Warrior just doesn't need to stat swap enough to merit legendary armor.

@bLind.6278 said:

I wasn't aware they actually have rune swapping, too. I may have to get the set for my necro over my warrior, though. Warrior just doesn't need to stat swap enough to merit legendary armor.

WvW and pvp leggy armors have all features of the pve raid leggy armor. Stat swap, rune swap without cost. Just no unique skin.

@steki.1478 said:

@"Israel.7056" said:I think the real question is why dont WvW and PvP get unique skins?

Because legy armor was never intended for those modes. Players asked for skinless legendary and they got it.

How do you know what was "intended?" Sounds like more excuses to me.

I didn't ask for skinless legendaries I just take what I can get as a third class citizen of this game.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Alright. So my next question then is why isn't there two ways to get PvE armor then? An option without Raids.

Then why would people do raid?

In WvW, you still have to grind WvW to get your legendary, regardless of the choice you take.

In PvE, if you make it more than one way to get legendary, then, wouldn't raid become rather pointless? Unless, you are saying you would like a no skin version of raid legendary armor, then, maybe I can agree with ya.

The legendary armor was only intended to be the big reward for raiding content, as it is in most other mmorpgs.People wanted the legendary stat swapping on gear for wvw, without having to slug through raids because a lot of us play wvw as our main mode.They released two sets of wvw ascended gear, both can be upgraded to legendary status for the stat swapping, they are heavily gated by skirmish tickets, materials, and rank needed.One set is regular ascended.The other set is the unique "legendary" look for wvw and has rank requirements, a unique look that gives you "energy leylines" on the back of the chest which no other set in the game has as far I remember, plus a glow on parts of it. I'll take this over the legendary looks any day.

qoncz54.jpg

@"XenesisII.1540" said:The legendary armor was only intended to be the big reward for raiding content, as it is in most other mmorpgs.People wanted the legendary stat swapping on gear for wvw, without having to slug through raids because a lot of us play wvw as our main mode.They released two sets of wvw ascended gear, both can be upgraded to legendary status for the stat swapping, they are heavily gated by skirmish tickets, materials, and rank needed.One set is regular ascended.The other set is the unique "legendary" look for wvw and has rank requirements, a unique look that gives you "energy leylines" on the back of the chest which no other set in the game has as far I remember, plus a glow on parts of it. I'll take this over the legendary looks any day.

qoncz54.jpg

The other wvw set isnt a unique legendary skin, sadly, cause everyone above 2k rank can get it. Whereas anyone wearing the envoy set, is wearing the legendary armor. One can only hope wvw will get its own legendary skin (it wont happen, but one can always hope)

@Israel.7056 said:

Because legy armor was never intended for those modes. Players asked for skinless legendary and they got it.

I didn't ask for skinless legendaries I just take what I can get as a third class citizen of this game.

Because I was there when pve armor came out and lots of pvp/wvw people were complaining about no legendary in those modes. Since Anet didn't want to go through same nightmare (pve armor skins), players just asked for legy armor with no unique skins. The main reason of legy armor is its functionality anyways, so both sides were happy with that implementation.

Besides that, long time before pve armor was even finished, it was widely known that raids would be the only source of legy armor.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Alright. So my next question then is why isn't there two ways to get PvE armor then? An option without Raids.

Then why would people do raid?

In WvW, you still have to grind WvW to get your legendary, regardless of the choice you take.

In PvE, if you make it more than one way to get legendary, then, wouldn't raid become rather pointless? Unless, you are saying you would like a no skin version of raid legendary armor, then, maybe I can agree with ya.

People would raid for the prestige skins. Just like WvW has the option to not need Rank 2000.

So why not a PvE version where you have to grind non Raid stuff.

Again. The skin. I don't care for it. I just want to put in the resources to get the utility.

@steki.1478 said:

Because I was there when pve armor came out and lots of pvp/wvw people were complaining about no legendary in those modes. Since Anet didn't want to go through same nightmare (pve armor skins), players just asked for legy armor with no unique skins. The main reason of legy armor is its functionality anyways, so both sides were happy with that implementation.

Besides that, long time before pve armor was even finished, it was widely known that raids would be the only source of legy armor.

Yeah I don't buy that. That's what their PR people tell us and their job is to placate the masses so people keep buying mount skins and other gem store fluff. They just want to get the most feathers with the least amount of hissing as the saying goes.

I don't believe that they just suddenly realized PvPers and WvWers might want legendary armor. I get the impression that they probably meant to do more sets but ended up taking too long to do the PvE one which is why the other two sets are much less polished. I think once they realized there was some discontent amongst the PvP and WvW players they just decided to release what they'd already managed to get done beforehand and figured people would mostly shut up afterwards. Obviously they were mostly right.

I'm a WvWer and I'm not happy with what they did but I've learned that it's mostly a waste of time to complain to these developers because they just don't seem to care about WvW players very much probably since they can't figure out how to sell gem shop items to us as easily as they can sell them to PvErs.

Just speculating obviously but it seems plausible to me considering how little they seem to tell us at any given time, how insanely greedy this company has been and how little regard they seem to have for WvW as a game mode since launch and PvP as a game mode since their bid for esports fell apart.

As a side note the so called "utility of legendary gear" is meaningless given how easy it is to make multiple armor and weapon sets in this game. The only thing legendaries are good for is the skins.

Archived