Suggestion: Fishing in the Game [merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Suggestion: Fishing in the Game [merged]

Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 6, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Looking out over one of the many beautiful waterfronts, i wonder why i can't equip a fishing rod and do some fishing in this game. It can be such a wonderful addition to the leveling experience as well as a source for many inspiring collections and achievements, even for crafting fishing gear or fine dishes!

I know it's not for everyone but then again, what is? Surely, we should be able to go fishing in this great game?

Who wants to go on a nice fishing trip? Level our Fishing skills through all the zones, from sweet water fishing in the starter zones to catching rare deepsea monsters with self crafted heavy duty rods in Orr, or other such places.

We can even have a picknick!

Can we? Please.... pretty please????

(no, i don't mean underwater spearfishing :P )

<134

Comments

  • PyrateSilly.4710PyrateSilly.4710 Member ✭✭✭

    They have talked about wanting to add fishing and they said something about having cooking go from 400 to 500 with fish recipes. That was a couple of years ago, not sure what is going on with it now. Could have had some problems and they might be working thru them.

  • Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

    I would love to see this as well. Like sitarskee I enjoyed it in another mmo as well (indeed dropping loots heavily rng dependent and with achievements and all Abakk mentioned.

    P.s. I do know there is fishing (event) added in the last lw4 map, with a line... but that is completely different as well.

  • Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭

    Ordinarily, I think fishing is a bore, both in real life and in games. However, it could be made interesting in GW2 with some of the suggestions above, like being able to go from 400 to 500 in cooking with fish recipes, having various collection achievements, perhaps a rare random chance of hooking a fish that swallowed some amazing treasure, and so on.

    Make it so, ANet.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    Looking out over one of the many beautiful waterfronts, i wonder why i can't equip a fishing rod and do some fishing in this game. It can be such a wonderful addition to the leveling experience as well as a source for many inspiring collections and achievements, even for crafting fishing gear or fine dishes!

    I know it's not for everyone but then again, what is? Surely, we should be able to go fishing in this great game?

    Who wants to go on a nice fishing trip? Level our Fishing skills through all the zones, from sweet water fishing in the starter zones to catching rare deepsea monsters with self crafted heavy duty rods in Orr, or other such places.

    We can even have a picknick!

    Can we? Please.... pretty please????

    (no, i don't mean underwater spearfishing :P )

    Here's a better question for you:
    If this fishing system you want so bad cost 1000 gems would you buy it?
    Would you pay 1000 gems for each fishing pole you set out (with a maximum of 3 at a time).

    If it were packaged just like the gardening system was would you still be down?
    Because that is what you are asking for here.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2018

    @mindcircus.1506 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    Looking out over one of the many beautiful waterfronts, i wonder why i can't equip a fishing rod and do some fishing in this game. It can be such a wonderful addition to the leveling experience as well as a source for many inspiring collections and achievements, even for crafting fishing gear or fine dishes!

    I know it's not for everyone but then again, what is? Surely, we should be able to go fishing in this great game?

    Who wants to go on a nice fishing trip? Level our Fishing skills through all the zones, from sweet water fishing in the starter zones to catching rare deepsea monsters with self crafted heavy duty rods in Orr, or other such places.

    We can even have a picknick!

    Can we? Please.... pretty please????

    (no, i don't mean underwater spearfishing :P )

    @mindcircus.1506 said:
    Here's a better question for you:
    If this fishing system you want so bad cost 1000 gems would you buy it?

    If it is a good system... yes i would.

    @mindcircus.1506 said:
    Would you pay 1000 gems for each fishing pole you set out (with a maximum of 3 at a time).

    No, i'm not that desperate. If that would be a thing they might as well not add it at all... unless there are a lot of fishing loving millionairs in this game :)

    @mindcircus.1506 said:
    If it were packaged just like the gardening system was would you still be down?

    I've no idea how the gardening system is packaged. Why does it matter?

    @mindcircus.1506 said:
    Because that is what you are asking for here.

    No, im asking for a fishing skill.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2018

    @Blude.6812 said:
    Just a suggestion that the OP might find informative . Search function at the top right. Type in fishing or some variation to be more specific . Lots fishing discussions to review or add to..

    Not remotely. And I'm sure that if i did you'd have kindly suggested me not to necro. ;)

    It really annoys me that i have to re-install WoW just to be able to do some MMORPG-fishing ... i think it's worth a(nother?) thread.

    After all... that is what fora are for right?

    And if this thread is too much it will be added to another or deleted i would say.

  • Bilgato.8034Bilgato.8034 Member ✭✭

    With all the other harvesting/gathering we have here I never knew why they didn't bother with fishing like in most other big MMOs, it's a thing that would get more people playing and being online for longer periods of time...it would give a lot of people a reason to keep on instead of wandering off to other games.

    With all the beautiful watery areas both peaceful and dangerous there's a lot of wasted potential, it's a shame to let that all go to waste, not to mention the fishing communities that would spring up bringing more players together.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Abakk.9176 said:

    @Blude.6812 said:
    Just a suggestion that the OP might find informative . Search function at the top right. Type in fishing or some variation to be more specific . Lots fishing discussions to review or add to..

    Not remotely. And I'm sure that if i did you'd have kindly suggested me not to necro. ;)

    It really annoys me that i have to re-install WoW just to be able to do some MMORPG-fishing ... i think it's worth a(nother?) thread.

    After all... that is what fora are for right?

    And if this thread is too much it will be added to another or deleted i would say.

    Black dester online got a nice fishing system mate.

  • jacksmith.6028jacksmith.6028 Member ✭✭

    just plain no.

  • Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭

    Why do ppl always yell item shop when it comes to nice features....

    With fishing the loot can be items / recipes used for crafting, fishing equipment and fishing rods (starting in low level areas, going up) and occasional other loots like what mobs usually drop.

    Like the system used in Aura Kingdom. Its a sidecraft next to what is available already there. You don't have to do it but you can if you want.

    P.s If naming other games is against forum rules or so, devs can delete the name of the example game in the post.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭

    @Bilgato.8034 said:
    With all the other harvesting/gathering we have here I never knew why they didn't bother with fishing like in most other big MMOs, it's a thing that would get more people playing and being online for longer periods of time...it would give a lot of people a reason to keep on instead of wandering off to other games.

    And when you want to log on but don't feel like bashing mobs it's nice to have the ability to just go fishing :)

    With all the beautiful watery areas both peaceful and dangerous there's a lot of wasted potential, it's a shame to let that all go to waste, not to mention the fishing communities that would spring up bringing more players together.

    A Fishing Guild would be great... just like a fishing club IRL.

  • killermanjaro.5670killermanjaro.5670 Member ✭✭✭

    I'll always add my vote for fishing to be added, Breath of Fire 3 had a nice fishing mini game & cooking in it, something similar I feel would be nice here too.

    Sadly though unless Anet determine it would actually be viable for them to do (as in find an way to effectively monetize it), then I doubt we'll ever see any resources put into it. And that's understandably so, it wouldn't make sense for them to spend lots of time on if it won't even make back the costs.

    I think the only real hope of seeing it, will be if it happens to feature as part of an expansion that's based around water related content.

  • IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018

    I find fishing in online games to be more boring than watching snails cross sidewalks. I also do not fish in real life. Though I would not use the feature, I wouldn't oppose ANet adding fishing to GW2, as long as the following conditions are met.

    • The addition of fishing does not significantly impact the production/development of other features or content.
    • There is nothing locked behind the feature's reward system that I consider really desirable. As an example, I disliked adventures being tied to Ascended Weapon Collections in HoT. This is to prevent a situation where people really hate fishing but feel they have to have its products. For me, that does not include skins -- as I believe that skins are totally optional, and there are a plethora of alternatives -- whereas stuff like better weapons, better food, etc. offer far less options.

    I believe that many players will not repetitively use any feature they asked for unless the rewards warrant the repetition. I also believe that ANet would put fishing all over the place. Hence, it's likely that at least one of my preferences would be swept under the rug. While I know that my support is unlikely to matter one way or the other, it's all I've got.

    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't care that much about fishing and I doubt ANet will make something big out of it, i.e. no great incomes, prob a collection for all the fish for some karma, recipes and maybe a fun title, that's it.

    If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Swappable Sigils/Infusions on Legendary Weapons
    Contra: ViP-Systems, GemShop flashyness, unfinished releases

  • artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

    Please No fishing. Play other MMOs if you want to fish. Stop trying to turn GW2 into other MMOs.

  • Penguin.1345Penguin.1345 Member ✭✭

    I would love fishing if implemented like it is in FFXIV

    That game managed to make fishing a minigame in which you have to get a whole new set of equipment with its own gathering stats that affect what you can catch. FFXIV treats Fishing (Or any other Crafting/gathering type) like its own class you can switch to. This may be too much for Gw2 to handle so i suggest having just the fishing pole with stats for simplicity (Carried in hero panel like underwater weapons so not to take inventory space)

    Different baits work in different waters and at different times of day and weather, so optimising is a matter of knowing the location. There are hundreds of fish, each with its own small loreflavour text in a fish journal. I hope if Gw2 gets fishing, one such journal will be added. Really adds to immersion and feel of the zone if you get an idea of what kinds of animals that live there.

    The fishing itself is simple to do. You have Cast, Powerful Hookset, Precision Hookset, and Mooch.

    Casting puts the line in the water. Now you wait for the sound/animation of the fish. Depending on the size you want to use Powerful or Precision hookset to land it. Thus you actively have to play the "game" to get the fish you desire.

    Mooching allows you to use the fish you just caught as bait for one turn, opening the chances of even bigger fish. Mooching a mooched fish could give even bigger fish.

    A similar system would work great in Gw2.
    While i dont expect nor hope Anet copies the system directly, i do hope they look to that game in how to make fishing an active, yet relaxing side game.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭

    @lokh.2695 said:
    I don't care that much about fishing and I doubt ANet will make something big out of it, i.e. no great incomes, prob a collection for all the fish for some karma, recipes and maybe a fun title, that's it.

    Sounds good enough to me :)

  • mauried.5608mauried.5608 Member ✭✭✭

    Fishing is one of the easiest activities to make bots for , as the activity takes place in the one location , ie the player simply stands still and chucks a line into the water.
    Its also difficult to pick a bot from a genuine player fishing as the actions of both are close to identical.
    So unless its implemented in some way that requires the player to keep moving from place to place like other resource gathering does it will do more harm than good.

  • Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

    Im biased towards "only if i don't need it for raids/ascended+" (that includes meta food) but only because i do not yet know even one game (multiplayer or not) where i enjoy the fishing system. Minigames are tedious and rarely done by most of the playerbase, HoT adventures showed us this. I also wouldn't want to encourage botting, so moving around non-set places would be required to make botting less viable.

    That said, if it was implented without tedious and annoying minigames then sure! I wouldn't have a single complaint if it was like pre existing resource nodes.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I would rather have hunting added than fishing.

  • mercury ranique.2170mercury ranique.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2018

    It recently cone to our attention that Prince Bokka the almighty of Vabbi left your ancestor a nice sum. I the current day currency is exceed 50 million gold. This gold is rightfully yours. Please contact me as soon as possibly also we can biscuss details.

    (Ow wait....you ment a different kind of phishing. On another side note. If not ironic, This would be a scam. No gold is left to you and please do not contact me)

  • OrbitalButt.5708OrbitalButt.5708 Member ✭✭✭

    @mercury ranique.2170 said:
    It recently cone to our attention that Prince Bokka the almighty of Vabbi left your ancestor a nice sum. I the current day currency is exceed 50 million gold. This gold is rightfully yours. Please contact me as soon as possibly also we can biscuss details.

    (Ow wait....you ment a different kind of phishing. On another side note. If not ironic, This would be a scam. No gold is left to you and please do not contact me)

    WHERE'S MY GOLD, FEED ME EXPENSIVE TREATS

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018

    @Abakk.9176 said:

    @Blude.6812 said:
    Just a suggestion that the OP might find informative . Search function at the top right. Type in fishing or some variation to be more specific . Lots fishing discussions to review or add to..

    Not remotely. And I'm sure that if i did you'd have kindly suggested me not to necro. ;)

    It really annoys me that i have to re-install WoW just to be able to do some MMORPG-fishing ... i think it's worth a(nother?) thread.

    After all... that is what fora are for right?

    And if this thread is too much it will be added to another or deleted i would say.

    Would never call a necro. Just starting a new discussion on something that has been covered is not worth it, and only recycles what has been over and over again and I believe it has another name actually. If you took the time you would find something interesting in the other threads. Merge would be the best solution.

  • Bilgato.8034Bilgato.8034 Member ✭✭

    The best thing about fishing is that if you don't want to do it...you don't have to do it.
    That being said, why would anyone not want to allow others to something just because they don't want to do it themselves?

  • mauried.5608mauried.5608 Member ✭✭✭

    Most of the threads you read on this forum are about what extra stuff people want added to the game.
    With a fixed staff resource adding more stuff to the game means something else has to get dropped, so its all about priorities as to what gets added and what doesnt , but most people dont see this and think that adding anything has no effect on anything else, ie nothing has to get dropped.
    Id far prefer that Anet concentrated on fixing all the bugs in the existing game, before adding more stuff.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    I would rather have hunting added than fishing.

    It is the hunting i would like to get away from sometimes. Seems like we are already shooting suff and looting it.

    @Blude.6812 said:
    Just starting a new discussion on something that has been covered is not worth it, and only recycles what has been over and over again.

    That is true for pretty much every topic ever. I wanted to discuss Fishing ... i'm not a librarian.

    @mauried.5608 said:
    Fishing is one of the easiest activities to make bots for , as the activity takes place in the one location , ie the player simply stands still and chucks a line into the water.
    Its also difficult to pick a bot from a genuine player fishing as the actions of both are close to identical.
    So unless its implemented in some way that requires the player to keep moving from place to place like other resource gathering does it will do more harm than good.

    I've no problem with moving around while fishing... but people farming stuff on Necro's don't move around either. For them the rule is 'if you get caught AFK you are done for'. The same rule could apply to Fishing.

    @mauried.5608 said:
    Most of the threads you read on this forum are about what extra stuff people want added to the game.
    With a fixed staff resource adding more stuff to the game means something else has to get dropped, so its all about priorities as to what gets added and what doesnt , but most people dont see this and think that adding anything has no effect on anything else, ie nothing has to get dropped.
    Id far prefer that Anet concentrated on fixing all the bugs in the existing game, before adding more stuff.

    I'm not really concerned with the Financial problems of my grocer, why would i be concerned about the Finances of the developers of my computergame ?
    I would think developers are mostly interested in what their customers are looking for to get hooked on (the pun!). It's one of the reasons Fora exist.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Abakk.9176 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    I would rather have hunting added than fishing.

    It is the hunting i would like to get away from sometimes. Seems like we are already shooting suff and looting it.

    @Blude.6812 said:
    Just starting a new discussion on something that has been covered is not worth it, and only recycles what has been over and over again.

    That is true for pretty much every topic ever. I wanted to discuss Fishing ... i'm not a librarian.

    @mauried.5608 said:
    Fishing is one of the easiest activities to make bots for , as the activity takes place in the one location , ie the player simply stands still and chucks a line into the water.
    Its also difficult to pick a bot from a genuine player fishing as the actions of both are close to identical.
    So unless its implemented in some way that requires the player to keep moving from place to place like other resource gathering does it will do more harm than good.

    I've no problem with moving around while fishing... but people farming stuff on Necro's don't move around either. For them the rule is 'if you get caught AFK you are done for'. The same rule could apply to Fishing.

    @mauried.5608 said:
    Most of the threads you read on this forum are about what extra stuff people want added to the game.
    With a fixed staff resource adding more stuff to the game means something else has to get dropped, so its all about priorities as to what gets added and what doesnt , but most people dont see this and think that adding anything has no effect on anything else, ie nothing has to get dropped.
    Id far prefer that Anet concentrated on fixing all the bugs in the existing game, before adding more stuff.

    I'm not really concerned with the Financial problems of my grocer, why would i be concerned about the Finances of the developers of my computergame ?
    I would think developers are mostly interested in what their customers are looking for to get hooked on (the pun!). It's one of the reasons Fora exist.

    We already have fishing by the same standard if we are considered to already have hunting. Spear fishing, trident fishing, speargun fishing.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:
    I would rather have hunting added than fishing.

    It is the hunting i would like to get away from sometimes. Seems like we are already shooting suff and looting it.

    @Blude.6812 said:
    Just starting a new discussion on something that has been covered is not worth it, and only recycles what has been over and over again.

    That is true for pretty much every topic ever. I wanted to discuss Fishing ... i'm not a librarian.

    @mauried.5608 said:
    Fishing is one of the easiest activities to make bots for , as the activity takes place in the one location , ie the player simply stands still and chucks a line into the water.
    Its also difficult to pick a bot from a genuine player fishing as the actions of both are close to identical.
    So unless its implemented in some way that requires the player to keep moving from place to place like other resource gathering does it will do more harm than good.

    I've no problem with moving around while fishing... but people farming stuff on Necro's don't move around either. For them the rule is 'if you get caught AFK you are done for'. The same rule could apply to Fishing.

    @mauried.5608 said:
    Most of the threads you read on this forum are about what extra stuff people want added to the game.
    With a fixed staff resource adding more stuff to the game means something else has to get dropped, so its all about priorities as to what gets added and what doesnt , but most people dont see this and think that adding anything has no effect on anything else, ie nothing has to get dropped.
    Id far prefer that Anet concentrated on fixing all the bugs in the existing game, before adding more stuff.

    I'm not really concerned with the Financial problems of my grocer, why would i be concerned about the Finances of the developers of my computergame ?
    I would think developers are mostly interested in what their customers are looking for to get hooked on (the pun!). It's one of the reasons Fora exist.

    We already have fishing by the same standard if we are considered to already have hunting. Spear fishing, trident fishing, speargun fishing.

    Killing mobs underwater is not even remotely like fishing with a rod and bait.

    While hunting for specific targets, shooting- and looting them is pretty much what i constantly do ingame.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    Killing mobs underwater is not even remotely like fishing with a rod and bait.

    And killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting.

    I am quite familiar with both in real life.

  • Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭

    not before in-game marriage, after maybe. there was fishing in FFXIV and i tried it once and never do it again for the rest of my in-game life.

    Anet: give us in-game marriage please:

    • Bachelors get 10% karma, magic find
    • Couple get 10% gold, exp
    • Option to marry companion/android bought from gemstore
  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    Killing mobs underwater is not even remotely like fishing with a rod and bait.

    And killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting.

    I am quite familiar with both in real life.

    Okay, explain.

  • Hevoskuuri.3891Hevoskuuri.3891 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd definitely appreciate a nice, relaxing fishing minigame. Slap some achievements and maybe a fish collection on top, and take my money.

  • TheAgedGnome.7520TheAgedGnome.7520 Member ✭✭✭

    Yea, I loved fishing in WoW; I'd love to see it in GW2!

  • TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Abakk.9176 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    Killing mobs underwater is not even remotely like fishing with a rod and bait.

    And killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting.

    I am quite familiar with both in real life.

    Okay, explain.

    Unless you're a former vice president Human hunting is illegal and yet we do that in game fairly frequently.
    So there actually is a substantial difference between murder hobo and game hunting.

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018

    @TexZero.7910 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:

    @Ashen.2907 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    Killing mobs underwater is not even remotely like fishing with a rod and bait.

    And killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting.

    I am quite familiar with both in real life.

    Okay, explain.

    Unless you're a former vice president Human hunting is illegal and yet we do that in game fairly frequently.
    So there actually is a substantial difference between murder hobo and game hunting.

    That still doesn't explain how "killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting". How would they introduce 'hunting' in this game and not make it look like what we are already doing... killing mobs (animal, plant and humanoid). And how would that be the same as how fishing with rod and bait relates to shooting underwater mobs....

  • TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    That still doesn't explain how "killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting". How would they introduce 'hunting' in this game and not make it look like what we are already doing... killing mobs (animal, plant and humanoid). And how would that be the same as how fishing with rod and bait relates to shooting underwater mobs....

    You do get that hunting is more than just camp out in a tower and shoot things right ?

    Also same logic can be applied to fishing...how is that any different than the QD lobster farming heart ?

  • Abakk.9176Abakk.9176 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018

    @TexZero.7910 said:

    @Abakk.9176 said:
    That still doesn't explain how "killing mobs on dry ground is pretty far off from hunting". How would they introduce 'hunting' in this game and not make it look like what we are already doing... killing mobs (animal, plant and humanoid). And how would that be the same as how fishing with rod and bait relates to shooting underwater mobs....

    You do get that hunting is more than just camp out in a tower and shoot things right ?

    I've asked about a bit more explanation about how to implement 'hunting' in GW2 and how it is different from shooting mobs on land or under water ingame.

    Instead all i get is vague hints that implement there is something wrong with me for not having some inborn standard understanding of it.

    @TexZero.7910 said:
    Also same logic can be applied to fishing...how is that any different than the QD lobster farming heart ?

    I've no idea because i don't know what "QD lobster farming heart" is... probably haven't done it yet or missed it?

    All i know is that pole fishing with bobber and bait can be a nice relaxed mini game with a WORLD of difference to shooting/hitting/AOE'ing mobs of all kinds.

    I understand it's not for everyone since it requires some patience and depending on how it's designed and implemented maybe even some skill and focus.

    So again, how would you implement a 'hunting' skill that is as different to shooting/hitting/AOE'ing mobs of all walks, as pole fishing with bobber and bait is?

  • I love the idea of fishing in guildwars 2. I think its something that many players want and will enjoy and it will provide a good story telling opportunity. What comes to mind is something like: The open waters of Tyria has always been a dangerous place, more than others. A shadow ever looming beneath the seeming peaceful waters. Always unseen. It has driven the Krait, Quaggen, Karka and even possibly the Largos from there home-waters. So it has always been a taboo to fish in Tyria out of fear of provoking it. Only those daring and most experienced could set their lines in the water bur at their own peril.
    That said i don't think fishing should be like in other games (other games= cast your line , wait for it to wiggle and click to get your fish)
    Fishing in gw2 should be dangerous and deadly. What that is? I'm not sure yet.
    But i imagine it could be something like the wintersday holiday bells mini game. Where you have to press a button to play the note at the right time or else you take damage. In the fishing instead of playing the right note it could be pulling in the right direction or something.
    Or it could be something like the fishing in breath of fire that was mentioned before.
    or even like fishing from fantasy life ( 3ds game)

<134
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.