Releasing PoF on Friday was stupid

witcher.3197

Seriously after more than a decade of experience as an MMO developer company how they still make a mistake like this? Everything is bugged, EU servers are dead, API is dead, and most of the devs are probably not at work because it's weekend.

Who came up with this and why? Releasing it at the middle of the week would have made more sense in every possible way I can think of.

It's expected for the servers to go down on release of an expansion. In fact, things so far have gone really smoothly!I'm guessing that most Anet employees have been working overtime for the past month or two, and are working overtime right now. It's part of "Crunch time" and part of the gaming industry. It's an expectation.

Nice job planning the launch on a weekend, with the highest peak possible of players and the lowest peak possible of devs.

Also nice job on making basically NO beta PERIOD that was worth people's time. By that I mean with progress saved on your actual character.Don't misunderstand me: I partecipated in all your "stress tests" that you made for half an hour at 2:00 AM, but they were pointless. Nobody gave a crap about them (except a few of us) since progress wasn't saved.

@Lunarlife.5128 said:It's expected for the servers to go down on release of an expansion. In fact, things so far have gone really smoothly!I'm guessing that most Anet employees have been working overtime for the past month or two, and are working overtime right now. It's part of "Crunch time" and part of the gaming industry. It's an expectation.

What are you talking about?Smoothly? Everyone I know is basically starting to have stress disorders because you never know when you'll get a connection error at every story instance or map change.

They could have just done an open beta period with full access and saved progress (that is basically what we are doing now, just shorter) and launch the game on monday with all the devs and a gradually growing number of players

Archived