Any reliable roaming build for constant outnumbered?

Arheundel.6451

I am looking for mild dps tanky roamer build for those constant outnumbered fights, tried everything and it failed....I need something capable of holding 2 dps lamers, enough time to outplay them, I don't get that time most time as I get bursted down too quickly . I am referring to those "pro" duos : tank + burst ( thief or mesmer or ranger), the tank is typically a holosmith or chronomancer....

At the very least I need something that deny them the satisfaction of a kill, any suggestion appreciated

Full tank condi druid, especially abusing terrain. Multiple sources of stealth + insane healing and good in-combat mobility, several stun breaks, and then the trump card of underwater combat. It's not uncommon for me to see a condi druid set up camp near the bridge sentry at red keep and waste a dozen or so people's time trying to kill them. They're awfully close to unkillable.

Otherwise, just take a typical tanky power druid using boon duration, healing power, etc. You should be able to find loads of builds like that on metabattle. I've seen some good power druids drift pretty close to full DPS and still appear to be unkillable. I often play in full zerk as druid and can slaughter large numbers of average players, but 2 good players at once will obviously take me out.

Edit: Was going to link you to some metabattle starting points, but I can't find anything on that site anymore. If you don't immediately know what I'm talking about by the above builds I can try to whip up an example for you.

I run greatsword sword/dagger power soulbeast. Pets are whatever you like. I use fern hound for heals and dog for damage. Lots of evades and good healing. Based on my experience with outnumbered fights (it is all I experience as a solo roamer) mobility and evades greatly increase survival. Chaining cc's and finding good damage combos. Maul->hilt bash->maul->knockdown->worldy impact. However the thing I experience myself is I will down 1 person, but then am completely exposed to damage as I try to finish. I can pop stability with stance utility but since i dont run invuln signets, i am just a sitting duck for 3 seconds. Sucks. I miss the quickness stomps.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhNakQFaZxGWwkFoaxSigBPVzqj1nAQyam1UBGdngSk+ZA-jFDBQBqUJIrUGkQ1fgwRAQjKx4wDAQfaC2oSj+t/wGOBAA4QAgP9ABAOAOv5N/8AzP/8zP/818zP/8zP/8zP/8SBIoyI-w

This. Druid.

Taking into account the power spikes as you mentioned and condi cancer you might mostly encounter (you don't want to be ganked/+1'd by a condi thief or mirage with 10+ condis instantly, as well as the full TB scourge with condi spam), a fair high armor and full/constant condi removal are what you are aiming at. In addition, the ability to disengage is also very important if you want to stay in outnumbered fights for stalling/kiting/resetting.

Apart from a high armor, the build gives you insane ability to remove condi, 4 from healing skill, 4 from 2 utilities, 2 from pet swap, 4 from elite (with runes), and full condi removal with CA. You get superspeed and quickness from pet swap and Quickening Zephyr for both offensive and defensive purposes. Lightning Reflexes with sword 2 grant you the ability to disengage/gap close. You benefit a lot from the boon duration (warhorn 5 and protection from dodge) and a good amount of healing power (healing skill and CA) and which help you sustain in outnumbered fight.

The only downside of this build is the movement speed. However you have 22/30 seconds coverage of swiftness by warhorn 5 so the problem is not that much.

Feel free to take elite shout since you may need stabs (take shout trait then) and Signet of Renewal to replace Signet of Stone (for extreme condi pressure...)

I would suggest celestial stats with durability runes. WS-NM-Druid axe/oh of your choice and a staff (or MH sword/OH anyting).

Most of the damage will come from loading you pet up with might and boons. You will just be appling pressure and burning up their cool downs

You could use any of the offhands even torch (use the Condi trait in WS and condi food).

@Joey.3928 said:I run greatsword sword/dagger power soulbeast. Pets are whatever you like. I use fern hound for heals and dog for damage. Lots of evades and good healing. Based on my experience with outnumbered fights (it is all I experience as a solo roamer) mobility and evades greatly increase survival. Chaining cc's and finding good damage combos. Maul->hilt bash->maul->knockdown->worldy impact. However the thing I experience myself is I will down 1 person, but then am completely exposed to damage as I try to finish. I can pop stability with stance utility but since i dont run invuln signets, i am just a sitting duck for 3 seconds. Sucks. I miss the quickness stomps.

Why would you waste the Maul 25% Dmg Buff on Knockdown? The best setup is to do Worldly Impact after Maul when ever possible. But always mix it up. Keep them guessing.

I mainly run a Semi Glassy full Melee SoulB build for Solo Roaming, and do just fine. My back up is a Zealots/Cele build. (I have a ton of builds I've come up with for SoulB)

@Nikon.3921 said:

@Joey.3928 said:I run greatsword sword/dagger power soulbeast. Pets are whatever you like. I use fern hound for heals and dog for damage. Lots of evades and good healing. Based on my experience with outnumbered fights (it is all I experience as a solo roamer) mobility and evades greatly increase survival. Chaining cc's and finding good damage combos. Maul->hilt bash->
maul->knockdown
->worldy impact. However the thing I experience myself is I will down 1 person, but then am completely exposed to damage as I try to finish. I can pop stability with stance utility but since i dont run invuln signets, i am just a sitting duck for 3 seconds. Sucks. I miss the quickness stomps.

Why would you waste the Maul 25% Dmg Buff on Knockdown? The best setup is to do Worldly Impact after Maul when ever possible. But always mix it up. Keep them guessing.

I mainly run a Semi Glassy full Melee SoulB build for Solo Roaming, and do just fine. My back up is a Zealots/Cele build. (I have a ton of builds I've come up with for SoulB)

I usually have to use knockdown first in order to better guarantee an impact hit. I use double canines. I could pet swap into impact with the quickness but sometimes I don't have the option. Cool to see another melee ranger :) I think it is really fun and difficult to master.

I've been Full Melee ranger for years now. It's my Bread and Butter. I really only use LB to test things out and different build potential as I'm always making random off-meta pocket builds. I spend 90% of my time in WvW, and I only use LB about 5% of the time, if that. However, I usually always use LB in PvP.

I'm usually running GS / Sword + WH or GS / Sword + Axe. (I used to run GS / Sword + Dagger).

Cheers fellow Melee Ranger.

EDIT: BTW I use one of the MOST underrated pets in the game for SoulBeast.... Siamoth. I used to run dual Swine back in the day as kind of a troll during Duels. I've been using Siamoth as one of my main pets since SoulB Day 1. I've turned on some really good rangers to that pet, and they like it. I can give you the PROS and CONS if you like.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:I am looking for mild dps tanky roamer build for those constant outnumbered fights, tried everything and it failed....I need something capable of holding 2 dps lamers, enough time to outplay them, I don't get that time most time as I get bursted down too quickly . I am referring to those "pro" duos : tank + burst ( thief or mesmer or ranger), the tank is typically a holosmith or chronomancer....

At the very least I need something that deny them the satisfaction of a kill, any suggestion appreciated

So before I start making recommendations and try and help you make the perfect build that suits you, I need to know a few things.

What weapon sets do you main, or plan on using most often?

What Spec do you want to play?

What would you say some of your weaknesses are?

• ie. Are you bad at pet management to keep them alive?
  • Are you able two people at the same time and be able to pay attention to what attacks each player is coming at you with, and be able to react accordingly without having pop Sig of Stone unnecessarily because you just took a huge burst that could've been easily avoided.

Answering those will help give a good foundation on what we need to build from. I make a lot of builds for people and wouldn't mind coming up with one for you.

@Nikon.3921 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:I am looking for mild dps tanky roamer build for those constant outnumbered fights, tried everything and it failed....I need something capable of holding 2 dps lamers, enough time to outplay them, I don't get that time most time as I get bursted down too quickly . I am referring to those "pro" duos : tank + burst ( thief or mesmer or ranger), the tank is typically a holosmith or chronomancer....

So before I start making recommendations and try and help you make the perfect build that suits you, I need to know a few things.

• Are you able two people at the same time and be able to pay attention to what attacks each player is coming at you with, and be able to react accordingly without having pop Sig of Stone unnecessarily because you just took a huge burst that could've been easily avoided.

Answering those will help give a good foundation on what we need to build from. I make a lot of builds for people and wouldn't mind coming up with one for you.

Managed to come up with a working build : full marauder+durability runes s/w+LB soulbeast NM/WS, I use the soulboon build posted on this forum some time ago, it works both in pvp and in wvw, more so in the latter so I am gold ^^ ty

i use this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA1Ci9rAOsActgFPBzZv1pGcwp0XaO9ZFEASYl8s0A-j1CFABOcEAK4CA4kSL23fINdBIpMQf1fSSJCfKBB4BAswhAIAACwNvZ28mBO6RP6RP6RrRP6NP6Rv5Nv5RvZpAiYZE-w*note than the editor is not yet updated, the cd on cele avatar is 10 sec among other differences

Basically play it like a thief, constantly re-entering stealth and repositioning, only using avatar for lunar impact and convergence (you can swap in grace of the land which makes tides worth casting, in fact swapping in gotl is preferable if you go out with a party).After the change to avatar skills it is no longer worth it to invest in to healing power unless you go for ~800 or more in which case your other stats will be diminished and you will end up doing low damage (this is only acceptable if you are zerging). With this in mind stacking vit & toughness is a better choice if you wanna solo roam/play with a small party since with these stats you can still gear up to have lots of power and ferocity.

On a side note at the moment it might be best to play a soul beast, since outside a full on healing power druid it does most things better barring stealth uptime and might stacking (depending on traits).

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:I am looking for mild dps tanky roamer build for those constant outnumbered fights, tried everything and it failed....I need something capable of holding 2 dps lamers, enough time to outplay them, I don't get that time most time as I get bursted down too quickly . I am referring to those "pro" duos : tank + burst ( thief or mesmer or ranger), the tank is typically a holosmith or chronomancer....

Managed to come up with a working build : full marauder+durability runes s/w+LB soulbeast NM/WS, I use the soulboon build posted on this forum some time ago, it works both in pvp and in wvw, more so in the latter so I am gold ^^ ty

Glad you found something. Full Marauders/Dura Runes pretty common.

I mainly run Marauder Weapon/Armour with Zerk and a few other trinkets with Dura Runes. GS / S+WH (Somestimes Axe Off-Hand) WS/BM/SoulB.

I also run another Build with Mainly Zealots. I'm still tweaking that build though. Just another pocket build I've played around with. I can't wait to finally get all my Legendary Armour... Even though re-rolling is cheaper than full crafting, it's starting to catch-up/add-up. I make so many builds because all I play is ranger, and I like to come up with random ass builds no one really plays.

@"foste.3098" said:i use this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA1Ci9rAOsActgFPBzZv1pGcwp0XaO9ZFEASYl8s0A-j1CFABOcEAK4CA4kSL23fINdBIpMQf1fSSJCfKBB4BAswhAIAACwNvZ28mBO6RP6RP6RrRP6NP6Rv5Nv5RvZpAiYZE-w*note than the editor is not yet updated, the cd on cele avatar is 10 sec among other differences

Basically play it like a thief, constantly re-entering stealth and repositioning, only using avatar for lunar impact and convergence (you can swap in grace of the land which makes tides worth casting, in fact swapping in gotl is preferable if you go out with a party).After the change to avatar skills it is no longer worth it to invest in to healing power unless you go for ~800 or more in which case your other stats will be diminished and you will end up doing low damage (this is only acceptable if you are zerging). With this in mind stacking vit & toughness is a better choice if you wanna solo roam/play with a small party since with these stats you can still gear up to have lots of power and ferocity.

On a side note at the moment it might be best to play a soul beast, since outside a full on healing power druid it does most things better barring stealth uptime and might stacking (depending on traits).

This is my mentality since on paper I seem some what tanky (3K armour with SOS passive and merged with Siamoth) but glassy (2.5K armour) when neither are providing toughness.

You go for very high mobility/single target DPS on a Soulbeast build using GS for #3 leap and Gazelle beastmode F2 run, in conjunction with superspeed - or - You go for ultra tanky condi Druid Ibolga setup, which has much shorter ranged AoE DPS, but a lot of it and much greater sustain. make sure it's mobility is still high. You keep out kiting things with the Soulbeast mobility setup and you abuse the AoE Ibolga setup while outnumbered.

Archived