Please revert resistance turning to immobilization

I haven't spoke to anyone who enjoys this change, and it's kind if made resistance useless in the current meta due to the amount if coruptions being thrown out, especially if you're a smaller group fighting a large one.

Resistance spam was a big issue in the past but changing it to an imobilzation is really rough for front line classes trying to push. I would be fine with a cripple, or a slow.

Can anyone ells come up with a better idea?

I agree. I've seen some ridiculous immobilise timers because of this change. I could potentially get immobilised for up to 3 minutes for casting some pulsing resistance, especially as each stack gets corrupted and continually applies more immobilise.

At this point, can we just merge Cripple and Immobilise together, then have it stack in intensity so that the more stacks you have the slower you move? At least that way there's a small chance a counter play

@"Mokk.2397" said:I've stated this in other discussions .Resistance and stability should not be boons but made a part of the attribute line.

this, even tho im not sure if it should be an attribute but it should just not be corrupted.isnt resistance there to RESIST all bullcrap, so shouldnt it just make you immune to corrupts also for x time?why i prefer it to be a boon and resist all crap is quite easy, the classes or the people that use sigil to "steal" boons should be able to strip people from it, as no class that can steal or use interupt sigil to strip from boons can do it in a mass anyway.

@hunkamania.7561 said:Everyone knew this was dumb except the balance team. They just won't listen and are dead set in this horrific change.

quite common here no? ;)

@Mokk.2397 said:I've stated this in other discussions .Resistance and stability should not be boons but made a part of the attribute line.

^this... they could be stance just like gw1, and u had skills that would make player equal target stance or cancel them as well.Anet wanted to dumb down the development they tough make everything boon would make game far simple to develop, now they cant even balance to start with...

/laughts at Anet.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@Mokk.2397 said:I've stated this in other discussions .Resistance and stability should not be boons but made a part of the attribute line.

How do you stop a group with perfect stab and resistance rotation?

What are you talking about ? What rotation? If they are set as attributes then every player has access to them and the level of resistance and stability a player has can be increased or decreased depending on how he/she puts together their builds .They can't be stripped like a boon but can be modified by control effects .Much the same way that power is modified by weakness ,toughness is modified by invulnerability and so on .

@Mokk.2397 said:

How do you stop a group with perfect stab and resistance rotation?

What are you talking about ? What rotation? If they are set as attributes then every player has access to them and the level of resistance and stability a player has can be increased or decreased depending on how he/she puts together their builds .They can't be stripped like a boon but can be modified by control effects .Much the same way that power is modified by weakness ,toughness is modified by invulnerability and so on .

Well now that you explain it alright. Doesn't sound bad

This would be an interesting addition but at all costs, these attributes should NOT exist on any gear with vitality or toughness. We can't have players running around tanked up the heavens. I can just see it now after you mentioned it.. players frothing at the mouth at how invincible they'll be. Nuh-uh, that better not happen. I'd be fine with these attributes if they are paired up with power/precious/ferocity stats (or a combo thereof).

Players would have to sacrifice their armor and hp in order to get access to these stats.

I would actually quite like it if it was reverted back to Chill because it makes Reaper and Scourge a little more interesting. You can either get more corrupts as the Scourge, which flow into the general corruption table or into the specific corruptions, or you can get Reaper converting Resistance into Chill and getting the Chill Applies Bleed and Chill Applies Vulnerability benefits for more powerful, but more limited corrupts.

I'm not actually sure how many other classes use the corruption table. I know Deadeye's Cursed Bullet does but I don't know any others.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:Everyone knew this was dumb except the balance team. They just won't listen and are dead set in this horrific change.

Well, it seems they weren't dead set on this change, and they listened.

Took them long enough. I don't even know what they were thinking in the first place.

I think at least they are trying new stuff, and are listening when it doesn't seem to go the way they thought.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:

Well, it seems they weren't dead set on this change, and they listened.

Took them long enough. I don't even know what they were thinking in the first place.

I think at least they are trying new stuff, and are listening when it doesn't seem to go the way they thought.

Well, they obviously didn't think when they put immobe on the conversion table. there was a reason it was not on the table to begin with.

Archived