How do you guys handle Revenants in WvW?

Prinzsecond.4863

Hello there! :)I am roaming a lot in WvW as a Holosmith (or sometimes as a scrapper) trying to have nice 1v1 and 2v1 fights.However, I cannot find a good way to handle Mesmers and Revenants.

My Question is: How do you guys handle revenants with a build that needs to have the following conditions:

• High mobility to escape outnumbered Situation (like small Groups chasing you) because 5v1 would mean a sure death otherwise
  • Some ranged damage to be able to pressure pew-pew thiefes, spellbreakers/wariors and necros (or any good Idea on how to fight necros/warriors in meele)
  • At least some blocks or some gap-closer against Power-rangers and spike-eles
  • Emergency condi removals if ambushed by condi mesmers/firebrands/necros

I know it is not an easy Task but I believe, that engi has the capability to have a very good allround build against all classes. And I am currently at the state where I can either fight or escape/survive 7 of those 9 classes without changing the whole build (1 utility usually changed) but the revenant ist just so strong in 1v1. He has incredible spike damage, high mobility, powerful CC and evade skills.

Is it mandatory to Play with sword-shield against revs?Is it better to have sustain or is it better to counter-spike them?Or are revs just a good match-up against Holos?^^

Short Version: I kill them (before last patch tho)

Long Version:I find lots of sustain useful, but that' a matter of playstyle.Rifle for gap closer/escape/finisher with netshot and Jumpshot. The Arena can be a real game changer since it pulses protection and cleanses (with this build)Inventions: 3 - 3- 1Alchemy: 2 - 2 -1Holo: 2 -2 -2Stats: Crusader/MarauderRunes: DefensiveSigils: OffensiveFood: w/eGo faceroll and have fun.

Very nice video! :)

But... how do you escape enemy zergs/groups with only rifle 5 and some swiftness?

Any mesmer, daredevilor even ranger could catch up, and slow you down until the rest of the group arrives.

Maybe I am just doing somthing wrong with movement^^ but I often end up getting killed by groups that I can't escape when not having rocket boots

with mesmers currently, they're hard to kill. I'd wait until they are brought into line with balance.Revs, a lot of the revs i've faced like to spam a burst, and then use all of their evades, predicting your moves at the end of one of their evade frames. Try to bait them into a situation where they think you're going to try and CC or attack them after their evade frame, and either make them second guess your next move, or wait until they spam all their evades, and then punish them for it. Also, if they are moving out of your range or behind terrain, assume their phase traverse skill is off cd and they are about to use it to port to you. Be prepared to either block, evade, or tank it with protection. Shut down their burst and you'll usually shut down their effectiveness.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:Is it better to have sustain or is it better to counter-spike them?

Both, lol. Even on my power mirage, I have problems fighting good sword/sword revs (good holos are about as dangerous). Most are predictable and will do the tp/dmg then evade until they can repeat. Getting in a burst/stun right after/between is critical. Since pretty much all run the heal on taking damage, thats also one to look out for. You do not want to give them a second chance because thats how they outsustain other damage builds. If they got staff they will most likely knock you down right after swap as well, so thats a big tell for incoming damage if you are getting low on hp.

Archived