Which dragon would you fight? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Which dragon would you fight?

Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭
edited May 8, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Edit: Deep Sea Dragon isn't included since the players have never seen, nor fought the deep sea dragon nor its minions and we know nothing about it.
Weird and oddly specific question, but it's thought provoking and brings up good questions about yourself:
If all 10 million of Guild Wars were to get on simultaneously to fight all 5 Elder Dragons at once, and they were split up into groups of 2 million to fight each dragon and its minions, which do you feel like you'd specialize in?
Zaithan and the Risen?
Kralkatorrik and the Brranded?
Jormag and the Icebrood?
Primordius and the Destroyers?
Or Mordremoth and the Mordrem?
Which do you feel you'd be the best at fighting, the most knowledgeable about, and the most confident in fighting?
Ultimately: Which dragon would you fight?

Best Answers

Answers

  • Cyrin.1035Cyrin.1035 Member ✭✭✭

    Lol... this was funny to read and imagine. As Zio mentioned, you forgot the most important dragon of all! The one dragon I have wanted to face for years... The one and only Bubbles. DSD. Lord of the Seas. I don't want millions of others nearby. Just me and Bubbles. One on one. No allies, no support, no refuge. Only one of us will still be swimming after that.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    There's 10 million? Cool.

    I'd probably go for the DS Dragon.

  • Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    Barney! I really hate that annoying dragon.

  • Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Me? or my Player Character?
    The answer would vary a lot!

  • DarcShriek.5829DarcShriek.5829 Member ✭✭✭

    I would fight with the dragons against the 10 million. We have seen enough evidence to know that killing the dragons would be bad for tyria

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Bubbles. And it looks like that's happening. 😊

    No longer posting or playing.

  • Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭

    @Ziooo.8932 said:
    You forgot deep sea dragon and the... deep sea dragonlings? Especially noteworthy as we'll be having an underwater combat balance patch tomorrow.

    I did not include that for obvious reasons. No one has ever seen neither the deep sea dragon nor the minions. You're smart, you already know this.

  • Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭

    @Ardid.7203 said:
    Me? or my Player Character?
    The answer would vary a lot!

    Your character, I thought that would be obvious.

  • Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭

    Alright literally 1 out of the 8 responses were relevant, never using the forms again.

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2018

    Respectfully, the answer is 'Bubbles' regardless. We know the asura have seen and/or documented it and its minions. Also, history has shown us this with world events and continents sinking. To this point, the Inquest has seen its minions. "In 1325 AE, the Inquest captured a minion of the deep sea dragon and were preparing a water-themed area called "Zone Blue" in the Infinite Coil Reactor for it to be stored in before the Reactor's destruction."

    Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deep_sea_dragon

    And finally . . . if you don't like an answer to your question, it may be in your best interest to get thicker skin and not copy and paste your indirect insults to the entire community.

    That all said . . . best of luck with your new 'forms' of choice. :)

    No longer posting or playing.

  • sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

    and what if the dragons are what keeps the planet save and without them allot worse comes along?

  • Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tremidine.6871 said:

    @Ardid.7203 said:
    Me? or my Player Character?
    The answer would vary a lot!

    Your character, I thought that would be obvious.

    Sorry, it was not. The question is super interesting and, as you say, though provoking, but it is aimed at the reader, therefore don't specify if it is an hypothetical to the reader or to the character (Consider also many players have multiple characters).
    In my case:

    • My main, a Dynamics Asura Engie who has dedicated her life to burning things would be fascinated about fighting on the first line against Primordus... however, she would be at a huge disadvantage against such fire dragon which is already burning... Instead, she would choose Mordremoth: going against the plants within a Charrcopter, launching tons of Napalm while whistling "Ride of the Valkyries" would be a dream come true for her. (The story would have been very different if she weren't far when the pact got into the jungle.)
    • My second, the Statics Necro with a degree on freezing plasma technology will no doubt try to steal and unchain a big crowd from Zhaitan's control and use them against Kralkatorrik. He's convoluted that way.
    • My Charr warrior would like to confront Jormag: he has a bet with a Norn about that.
  • Ziooo.8932Ziooo.8932 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tremidine.6871 said:

    I did not include that for obvious reasons. No one has ever seen neither the deep sea dragon nor the minions. You're smart, you already know this.

    Wasn't that obvious, since half the answers were that one... also, you could've specified that, humanity is yet to learn how to mind read through text y'know. Oh, and we haven't seen Jormag as well! As per hearing about it tho...well, we already know both of them exist.

    To answer your main question (ignoring DSD), it would be Jormag. I like the idea of an Ice Dragon and would love to go the North Shiverpeaks to fight it, i like snowy areas and the fight against the Claw of Jormag used to be really cool when i did it in the past. And i say that completely ignoring the fact that we already fought Mordy and Zaithan, i simply prefer Jormag concept wise (if that makes any sense).

    Necro mains either are masochists or become masochists after a balance patch.

  • Edelweiss.4261Edelweiss.4261 Member ✭✭✭

    So far, I've found Mordremoth to be the least interesting, so I'd choose to fight Mordremoth. Let the other dragons live! Heck, I'd probably defend Jormag sooner than I'd kill them.

  • Nyel.1843Nyel.1843 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ardenwolfe.8590 said:
    Bubbles. And it looks like that's happening. 😊

    Wouldn't it be strange to come up with an entirely new Elder Dragon when there's still 3 of the known ones left?

    I am not up to date with the recent events as I just returned to GW2 but after Mordremoth's surprise appearance is there really a need to do this again?

  • Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭

    @Ardenwolfe.8590 said:
    Respectfully, the answer is 'Bubbles' regardless. We know the asura have seen and/or documented it and its minions. Also, history has shown us this with world events and continents sinking. To this point, the Inquest has seen its minions. "In 1325 AE, the Inquest captured a minion of the deep sea dragon and were preparing a water-themed area called "Zone Blue" in the Infinite Coil Reactor for it to be stored in before the Reactor's destruction."

    Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deep_sea_dragon

    And finally . . . if you don't like an answer to your question, it may be in your best interest to get thicker skin and not copy and paste your indirect insults to the entire community.

    That all said . . . best of luck with your new 'forms' of choice. :)

    I already read the entire wiki page on that before you even posted that. I didn't meant NPCs, I meant players. You don't know what the dragon nor the minions looks like, or how they fight. Idk why quoting the wiki page helps your case, I am just as excited for it as you are, but you don't know anything about it just like all the players, that is why I discluded it from selection.
    This is not a matter of thick skin, I never got offended. It was also never an indirect insult, you're just misinterpreting heavily. I said "you're smart, you should know that" to prompt them to think a little before answering, use context clues and reasoning.
    Also lmao don't mock me for misspelling forums, I'm on my phone.
    Stop assuming everything has an underlying tone of hatred, contempt, or vindication. Chill bruh.

  • Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭

    @Ziooo.8932 said:

    @Tremidine.6871 said:

    I did not include that for obvious reasons. No one has ever seen neither the deep sea dragon nor the minions. You're smart, you already know this.

    Wasn't that obvious, since half the answers were that one... also, you could've specified that, humanity is yet to learn how to mind read through text y'know. Oh, and we haven't seen Jormag as well! As per hearing about it tho...well, we already know both of them exist.

    To answer your main question (ignoring DSD), it would be Jormag. I like the idea of an Ice Dragon and would love to go the North Shiverpeaks to fight it, i like snowy areas and the fight against the Claw of Jormag used to be really cool when i did it in the past. And i say that completely ignoring the fact that we already fought Mordy and Zaithan, i simply prefer Jormag concept wise (if that makes any sense).

    We haven't seen jormag but we have seen the icebrood. Also it's not mind reading to use context clues. Deep sea dragon wasn't included in the list, so maybe it wasn't desired for an answer.

  • Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭

    @Ardid.7203 said:

    @Tremidine.6871 said:

    @Ardid.7203 said:
    Me? or my Player Character?
    The answer would vary a lot!

    Your character, I thought that would be obvious.

    Sorry, it was not. The question is super interesting and, as you say, though provoking, but it is aimed at the reader, therefore don't specify if it is an hypothetical to the reader or to the character (Consider also many players have multiple characters).
    In my case:

    • My main, a Dynamics Asura Engie who has dedicated her life to burning things would be fascinated about fighting on the first line against Primordus... however, she would be at a huge disadvantage against such fire dragon which is already burning... Instead, she would choose Mordremoth: going against the plants within a Charrcopter, launching tons of Napalm while whistling "Ride of the Valkyries" would be a dream come true for her. (The story would have been very different if she weren't far when the pact got into the jungle.)
    • My second, the Statics Necro with a degree on freezing plasma technology will no doubt try to steal and unchain a big crowd from Zhaitan's control and use them against Kralkatorrik. He's convoluted that way.
    • My Charr warrior would like to confront Jormag: he has a bet with a Norn about that.

    Thanks for the actual answer and well thought out, too. I wasn't referring to people's characters like separate people though. I don't do roleplay so that wasn't my first concern when forming the question. I was asking the player what they would fight in game with a character. Doesn't matter what character or their roleplay story. Sorry for miscommunication.

  • Scrivs.4501Scrivs.4501 Member ✭✭

    Queen Elizabeth II

  • Liewec.2896Liewec.2896 Member ✭✭✭

    fight? NEVER! i'd pledge myself to Kralkatorrik and become an evil crystalline overlord! :grin:

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018

    @Tremidine.6871 My apologies, but I was under the impression you only got one "good" response out of eight to your question, or words to that effect, and decided to leave in a huff never to return for greener 'forms'. That, of course, doesn't include your multiple copy-and-paste responses which since . . . ahem . . . are gone. All very interesting. I can't imagine where I got the notion you need thicker skin.

    By the way, no players have seen other big bads prior to this game either. Also, and thank you, but the community doesn't need your prompting or prodding to make thoughtful responses to your question or any question. That in and of itself is again indirectly insulting to your peers here. And it implies and doubles down more than you intended. That all said, the answer is still the sea dragon. Obviously, given the patch today. And by the way? This response was written on a phone.

    Again, best of luck with your new forum of choice. 😊

    No longer posting or playing.

  • I want to live with Steve Bubbles and be a mermaid. Not a nasty krait but like, a decent, siren mermaid. All hail Steve Bubbles!

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

    @Tremidine.6871 If you are unfamilar with the forum rules, you can read about them here:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct

    Please discuss your topic and not your peers.

    @Ziooo.8932 said:
    You forgot deep sea dragon and the... deep sea dragonlings? Especially noteworthy as we'll be having an underwater combat balance patch tomorrow.

    This answer has the most upvotes because it's also the most correct answer especially given the underwater update. Hope that now definitively answers your question.

    And, once again, best of luck with your new forum of choice. 😊

    No longer posting or playing.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.