Dagger/Dagger Weaver: Explained.

Vinny.7260

Hello there, you've either clicked here out of boredom, or you were interested in what I have proclaimed to be an explanation for how Dagger/Dagger works on Weaver!

Let's get started:

The Usage:

You want to focus on crowd control, Dagger/Dagger offers the most consistent hard cc compared to Sword/Dagger, Staff, and even Scepter/Dagger!

Now you're probably going: But, one of those CCs require a full attunement, and you're correct. Dagger/Dagger is focused on fully attuning and dual attuning interchangeably, quite a mess is it not? You'll get the hang of it!

Change in Style:

Dagger is about fast execution, you have to think a lot differently than you did with Dagger/Dagger baseline. This weapon set actually has a lot of blasts, you can create some pretty gnarly might generation, as well as some water blasts, whaaaat?

Fire Fields

Water Field

Blast FinishersAllow to explain how this will all work, it's a little different than just spamming all your blasts at once compared to good ol' Dagger/Dagger Elementalist; Dagger/Dagger Weaver is about quick execution, as mentioned above, therefore you can't just immediately rush into the fight without having a blast finisher on hand... If you plan on being smart and using Steam Surge or Burning Speed to rush in, anyway.

You can pretty much stack a blast finisher into Steam Surge quickly after casting it, allowing for ~1,500 Healing per in addition to the ~500 Healing pulses per half-second! That's a pretty nasty heal up-- in addition to the fact Steam Surge can deal some pretty gnarly damage on its own!

Why use Dagger/Dagger over Sword/Dagger?

Sword/Dagger: This weapon-set is amazing for a lot of things, it allows for aggressive and defensive play by simply switching attunements; however, this can be an issue when you're wanting to continue your pressure.

Dagger/Dagger: This weapon-set is amazing for apply a lot of pressure and keeping someone still. It lacks only a little bit in the defense department in exchange for more CC and more evades that can deal substantial damage to the target/victim.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, if you have questions, be sure to ask!

@""kybraga.7103"

I always appreciate players like you that offer something new to the table, even though I'm a core elementalist and not a Weaver. How does this build hold up in ranked PvP compared to Sw/D Weaver or even core Fresh Air elementalist?

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@""kybraga.7103"

I always appreciate players like you that offer something new to the table, even though I'm a core elementalist and not a Weaver. How does this build hold up in ranked PvP compared to Sw/D Weaver or even core Fresh Air elementalist?

D/D holds up pretty well if you keep yourself on the Scepter Elementalist- it can completely outplay Sword/Dagger Weaver due to Mudslide ignoring Evades-- completely ruining their healing on Water.

Additionally; Edit: You can clear conditions more quickly than Sword Weaver and Fresh Air. It can also lock something down if you want the team to hunt something down. It's great in both team fights and solo fights.

(PVP) Well I did some tests ( no in pvp duel) to check stuff:

• d/d weaver pressure is much more consistent thanks to doing a lot hits per s. then sw/d that is slower and screwed over cirt RNG. It's not bad even with mender.
  • you can blast Steam Surge water field 3 times if you make build just for it...and it's completely impractical. It begs for extra second or two duration. Fact that it's dual skill doesn't help either but nothing can be done about that. Almost broke my fingers at blasting this.
  • it does a lot hit's in melee range so it's great for triggering FA for faster atument rotation then fresh weaver ...and if something bypasses weaver atument internal cooldown...focus offhand should be obliviously used over dagger. In my preference better in getting to static aura faster then unravel.
  • sword weaver I-frame skills are much more practical - weapon 2 skill's. I wouldn't rely on d/d I-frames in pvp combat.
  • Weave self actually works with this and brings even more keyboard insanity.

Overall in my opinion it's probably MOST DIFFCULT ele skillset to master (especially with FA)...skill rotations are crazy and mind-blowing (in fun way)...definitely a lot practice is required before you think about any sort of pvp...but there is something additive and fresh in it...I had fun testing this.

I played with it too and it's definitely nice to use. Sometimes you run out of defensive options though, moreso than sword/dagger. Although I think sw/d is better (more reliable defense and very good point pressure), d/d is a pretty good option for enemies not spamming stability. Mud slide can be pretty crazy lol. The animation feels off while casting though.

Indeed, the blast finishers are apparent and fun to incorporate. It would be cool if one of the dual skills made a smoke field for stealth, that would bring d/d up by a lot!

had also fun on dd but the part that made it inpractical for me was its mobility. on point pressure i found it better. disengage tho is really hard and sticking to your target (mesmer) is impossible. therefor sadly not in touch atm.

@"kybraga.7103" said:Hello there, you've either clicked here out of boredom, or you were interested in what I have proclaimed to be an explanation for how Dagger/Dagger works on Weaver!

Let's get started:

The Usage:

You want to focus on crowd control, Dagger/Dagger offers the most consistent hard cc compared to Sword/Dagger, Staff, and even Scepter/Dagger!

Now you're probably going: But, one of those CCs require a full attunement, and you're correct. Dagger/Dagger is focused on fully attuning and dual attuning interchangeably, quite a mess is it not? You'll get the hang of it!

Change in Style:

Dagger is about fast execution, you have to think a lot differently than you did with Dagger/Dagger baseline. This weapon set actually has a lot of blasts, you can create some pretty gnarly might generation, as well as some water blasts, whaaaat?

Fire Fields

Water Field

Blast FinishersAllow to explain how this will all work, it's a little different than just spamming all your blasts at once compared to good ol' Dagger/Dagger Elementalist; Dagger/Dagger Weaver is about quick execution, as mentioned above, therefore you can't just immediately rush into the fight without having a blast finisher on hand... If you plan on being smart and using Steam Surge or Burning Speed to rush in, anyway.

You can pretty much stack a blast finisher into Steam Surge quickly after casting it, allowing for ~1,500 Healing per in addition to the ~500 Healing pulses per half-second! That's a pretty nasty heal up-- in addition to the fact Steam Surge can deal some pretty gnarly damage on its own!

Sword/Dagger: This weapon-set is amazing for a lot of things, it allows for aggressive and defensive play by simply switching attunements; however, this can be an issue when you're wanting to continue your pressure.

Dagger/Dagger: This weapon-set is amazing for apply a lot of pressure and keeping someone still. It lacks only a little bit in the defense department in exchange for more CC and more evades that can deal substantial damage to the target/victim.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, if you have questions, be sure to ask!

What kind of stats do you use?

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"kybraga.7103" said:Hello there, you've either clicked here out of boredom, or you were interested in what I have proclaimed to be an explanation for how Dagger/Dagger works on Weaver!

Let's get started:

The Usage:

You want to focus on crowd control, Dagger/Dagger offers the most consistent
hard cc
compared to Sword/Dagger, Staff, and even Scepter/Dagger!

Change in Style:

Fire Fields

Water Field

Blast Finishers
Allow to explain how this will all work, it's a little different than just spamming all your blasts at once compared to good ol' Dagger/Dagger Elementalist; Dagger/Dagger Weaver is about quick execution, as mentioned above, therefore you can't just immediately rush into the fight without having a blast finisher on hand... If you plan on being smart and using Steam Surge or Burning Speed to rush in, anyway.

I actually use Berserker in PvE; Diviner's in PvP.

@kybraga.7103 said:

@kybraga.7103 said:Hello there, you've either clicked here out of boredom, or you were interested in what I have proclaimed to be an explanation for how Dagger/Dagger works on Weaver!

Let's get started:

The Usage:

You want to focus on crowd control, Dagger/Dagger offers the most consistent
hard cc
compared to Sword/Dagger, Staff, and even Scepter/Dagger!

Change in Style:

Fire Fields

Water Field

Blast Finishers
Allow to explain how this will all work, it's a little different than just spamming all your blasts at once compared to good ol' Dagger/Dagger Elementalist; Dagger/Dagger Weaver is about quick execution, as mentioned above, therefore you can't just immediately rush into the fight without having a blast finisher on hand... If you plan on being smart and using Steam Surge or Burning Speed to rush in, anyway.

I actually use Berserker in PvE; Diviner's in PvP.

Interesting, water, arcane, weaver, or?

• 1 month later...

Thank you! This is very helpful. I find the Weaver very interesting and fun to play but it has barely any survivability especially with sword skills. Which sucks because some of those skills are pretty damn nice and makes condition builds pretty nice. I'm not as familiar with D/D on the Weaver. I usually run S/D or S/F.I switched over to Tempest simply because I kept dying as a Weaver.

What dagger / dagger is missing is a real mid ranged attk that can be lobed and dose not need to travle along the grond. I would not mind seeing a real block and not just a ranged block.

As for weaver the need to run unravale holds d/d back badly for an added skill lost. Unravale needs to do something more then give you a full swap for 5 sec it should at least give you stronger swap effects or better yet drops the cd on swaps for that 5 sec.

Archived