Guild Enhancements are only available to players with Heart of Thorns.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@phs.6089 said:Why so mean ArenaNET? What about PoF owners? :'(

HoT owners and even vanilla players have more experience and therefore they have the Guild Enhancements. You PoF youngsters still need a lot of growing up before you become guild leaders with these enhancements.

Guild halls were added as a part of HoT, hence they are part of HoT. Like all other HoT features, the services they supply are exclusive to accounts with HoT applied. If Guild hall services had been added with PoF, those services would have been PoF exclusive.

Is it fair? Imo yes, since they don't really give any tangible benefit, just a minute amount of extra. So in my book, people who want it should pay the few bucks it COSTs nowadays.

@Zohane.7208 said:Guild halls were added as a part of HoT, hence they are part of HoT. Like all other HoT features, the services they supply are exclusive to accounts with HoT applied. If Guild hall services had been added with PoF, those services would have been PoF exclusive.I hope you know there is guild hall within desert and again only PoF owners raiding (that is HoT) just fine.

In my book people within guild should not be discriminated.

In ANet's shoes, I would allow guild buffs to be used by anyone who can contribute to the upgrades that allow the bartender to exist in the guild hall, which is, well, everyone.

However, I don't know what their market research says about how many incentives are needed to make it likely enough to get non-HoT owners to pay for that expansion.

In other words, I don't think you'll convince ANet to change the status quo by insisting that it's unfair.

@phs.6089 said:

@Zohane.7208 said:Guild halls were added as a part of HoT, hence they are part of HoT. Like all other HoT features, the services they supply are exclusive to accounts with HoT applied. If Guild hall services had been added with PoF, those services would have been PoF exclusive.I hope you know there is guild hall within desert and again only PoF owners raiding (that is HoT) just fine.

In my book people within guild should not be discriminated.

You still need to own HoT to claim the hall that came with PoF because they are still technically HoT exclusive content.

@meowtier.1364 said:You still need to own HoT to claim the hall that came with PoF because they are still technically HoT exclusive content.

I'm talking about guild members, I have both expansions but there are new wave of players that don't care of grindy HoT, they wanna have fun and getting PoF. The work as any other with HoT or whatnot, that lilt buffs are the best that guild hall can offer really and here we go, buy HoT to get buffs, really nice.

@phs.6089 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I would allow guild buffs to be used by anyone who can contribute to the upgrades that allow the bartender to exist in the guild hall, which is, well, everyone.

This is one of my concerns, why people that work to upgrade guild should not be able to use buffs?

Because it's one of the tools ANet uses to convince people to buy HoT.

@phs.6089 said:

@meowtier.1364 said:You still need to own HoT to claim the hall that came with PoF because they are still technically HoT exclusive content.

I'm talking about guild members, I have both expansions but there are new wave of players that don't care of grindy HoT, they wanna have fun and getting PoF. The work as any other with HoT or whatnot, that lilt buffs are the best that guild hall can offer really and here we go, buy HoT to get buffs, really nice.

What does this say because it's really hard to understand. Okay new players might not get HoT bc they don't want to grind so they should still have access to HoT exclusive content (guild hall services)?

Archived