Dying instantly with no reports in combat log

steki.1478

I've been experiencing getting one shotted quite often lately and I don't mean 1-shot to downed state, it's fully dead state without any time to react, any invulnerable frames or any info in combat log. I just go low on HP, get downed and not even half second later I'm fully dead, before even getting access to downed skills. This case doesn't happen if I get rolled over by 30+ people, it's simply one or two people nearby.

https://imgur.com/a/zJ2xeMF

Pictures here show arrow cart fire followed by bleeding mark, which happened near tower. I got out of combat with full HP and I wasnt combat for at least a minute or two before reaching tower so I'm certain there was no downed penalty. Bladetrail may or may not happened before resetting combat.

Retal started in combat -> 1100 dmg taken.
I got CC'ed by ele, following by 13260 damage from rush and putrid mark -> 14360 total damage taken.
My total HP is slightly above 15000, which means that I was alive after these attacks. In case bladetrail from earlier hit me in this combat session, I would be downed by putrid mark.

After putrid mark, my total damage taken was around 4100 and that's the last damage I took before dying. Downed health is around 25000 I believe.

I remember that there was a fix of getting hit multiple times by certain skills while downed fixed in one of the latest patch notes, but it still keeps happening.What am I missing here?

Successive downed states weaken a character further. Each downed state inflicts one point of downed penalty, reducing downed health by 25% per point. Downed penalty lasts for one minute and stacks by intensity. Holding four points of downed penalty (100% health loss) will instantly defeat a player.

probably this ^ make sure you repair when you die

has nothing to do with repairing. just dont go downstate 4 times within a minute, out of combat wont reset this timer.IMO that is already too many chances, should be like go downstate 2nd time within a minute => full down.

and the damage taken per second just for being downstate is also never shown in combat log.

@MadBomber.3719 said:

Successive downed states weaken a character further. Each downed state inflicts one point of downed penalty, reducing downed health by 25% per point. Downed penalty lasts for one minute and stacks by intensity. Holding four points of downed penalty (100% health loss) will instantly defeat a player.

As I said, I'm pretty sure there was no penalty. In the worst case it could be tier 1 penalty, but it's still a lot higher than 4k dmg which I took.

I also didn't rally at all, just died 5-10 seconds into fight.

@steki.1478 said:

@"Roxanne.6140" said:I'm suspecting a damage hack flying around as the latest. Can't beat the hackermann when they are onto you

I highly doubt that.

Just yesterday I ran into the teleport-in-downstate hack. It is a hack because we could sneak a damage in before his second teleport. Of course he kept teleporting away after that. Besides there's nothing much to reply to such a response "I doubt that" lol. Why don't you go "no _15 words" on me.

I think there is also a discrepancy with on screen visuals possibly due to recent lag monster. I am getting no visual tells of certain skills, and it looks like I just get one shot out of nowhere but no indication in the log of what exactly hit for the burst of my whole hp. Maybe some kind of desync happening. In a normal scenario I am able to react, but this skips the downstate most of all. You can sometimes also hear the specific sounds of skills going off without the visual cue or in log.

You say 15k health but how much armour? I’ve seen thieves die instantly when hit with 2 attacks that do insane damage, 3 CoR on top of you and you can pretty much straight up die on 15k health. What level are you also because I’ve seen upleveled players likewise straight up die, not even go downed as they either haven’t unlocked it or they’re so weak even with the up level process.

Here’s a funny video from Holts where you can see not only how completely disgusting scourge is but also how multiple downed states lead to death and that conditions on you when downed keep going after you rally!

Edit: bonus fact, sometimes stuff doesn’t show in the combat log when you attack an engineer in photon forge, I’m guessing likewise they don't see anything in the combat log either. I discovered this when I checked to see how much power block damage I did to an engineer and found that even though I had interrupted him twice there was nothing in the logs.

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:I'm suspecting a damage hack flying around as the latest. Can't beat the hackermann when they are onto you

I highly doubt that.

Just yesterday I ran into the teleport-in-downstate hack. It is a hack because we could sneak a damage in before his second teleport. Of course he kept teleporting away after that. Besides there's nothing much to reply to such a response "I doubt that" lol. Why don't you go "no _15 words" on me.

I saw a warrior porting 5 times in a circle few days ago, but I dont think that's related to this.

@"apharma.3741" said:You say 15k health but how much armour? I’ve seen thieves die instantly when hit with 2 attacks that do insane damage, 3 CoR on top of you and you can pretty much straight up die on 15k health. What level are you also because I’ve seen upleveled players likewise straight up die, not even go downed as they either haven’t unlocked it or they’re so weak even with the up level process.

Here’s a funny video from Holts where you can see not only how completely disgusting scourge is but also how multiple downed states lead to death and that conditions on you when downed keep going after you rally!

Edit: bonus fact, sometimes stuff doesn’t show in the combat log when you attack an engineer in photon forge, I’m guessing likewise they don't see anything in the combat log either. I discovered this when I checked to see how much power block damage I did to an engineer and found that even though I had interrupted him twice there was nothing in the logs.

15k is 15k on 2k armor or 4k armor, on level 50 or level 80. There's 4k damage taken in downed state which killed me, so either other 30k (or whatever) didnt get registered in combat log or it's some kind of bug. This video also shows nothing similar to my issue since they got downed 4 times with downed health, rallies and penalties, so everything is regular. I straight up die without getting a chance to rally. Doesn't happen often, but it's pretty annoying when it does and you have no idea what causes it.

I was pretty sure that before latest fix, scourge was causing this with shade skills (a few people also told me they had same issues with scourges, and it wasnt massive amounts of condies, just a well timed shade skill which one shots you while you're going downed for some reason), but that's fixed. It's triggered by some other class and I'm not sure which one yet.

@steki.1478 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:I'm suspecting a damage hack flying around as the latest. Can't beat the hackermann when they are onto you

I highly doubt that.

I saw a warrior porting 5 times in a circle few days ago, but I dont think that's related to this.

@"apharma.3741" said:You say 15k health but how much armour? I’ve seen thieves die instantly when hit with 2 attacks that do insane damage, 3 CoR on top of you and you can pretty much straight up die on 15k health. What level are you also because I’ve seen upleveled players likewise straight up die, not even go downed as they either haven’t unlocked it or they’re so weak even with the up level process.

15k is 15k on 2k armor or 4k armor, on level 50 or level 80. There's 4k damage taken in downed state which killed me, so either other 30k (or whatever) didnt get registered in combat log or it's some kind of bug. This video also shows nothing similar to my issue since they got downed 4 times with downed health, rallies and penalties, so everything is regular. I straight up die without getting a chance to rally. Doesn't happen often, but it's pretty annoying when it does and you have no idea what causes it.

I was pretty sure that before latest fix, scourge was causing this with shade skills (a few people also told me they had same issues with scourges, and it wasnt massive amounts of condies, just a well timed shade skill which one shots you while you're going downed for some reason), but that's fixed. It's triggered by some other class and I'm not sure which one yet.

Sorry but you haven’t really explained your position very well though.

What class and build are you running?What level are you?Video really would have been nice to see but we also have only to guess what happened based on the screenshot, you were attacked by a firebrand, ele (can see lava font), holosmith, mesmer, warrior, necro and another ele because updraft is offhand dagger, that’s 7 people.

@steki.1478 said:

As I said, I'm pretty sure there was no penalty. In the worst case it could be tier 1 penalty, but it's still a lot higher than 4k dmg which I took.

Illusion of Life used on you maybe. If you were downed at some point before that.Skill: Gives allies Illusion of Life at the target location, allowing them to get up from downed state and keep fighting. Fully revives allies if they kill a foe.

@Ubi.4136 said:

Illusion of Life used on you maybe. If you were downed at some point before that.Skill: Gives allies Illusion of Life at the target location, allowing them to get up from downed state and keep fighting. Fully revives allies if they kill a foe.

Nope. One fight, one time downed.

Archived