How to Fight Warriors as Thief

Vallun.2071

It's good info for those unaware already, but what it really just goes to show is how annoying the state of warrior is right now; you're effectively forced into playing very, very defensively on top-tier kits to keep up, and those fights were extremely long despite them having no external support or sustain.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:It's good info for those unaware already, but what it really just goes to show is how annoying the state of warrior is right now; you're effectively forced into playing very, very defensively on top-tier kits to keep up, and those fights were extremely long despite them having no external support or sustain.

In my opinion, s/d has better chances of fighting Spellbreakers due to Infiltrators' Return and Flanking Strike. The evasion can help you out when fighting a Spellbreaker. As for d/p, the best you've got is bursting them from stealth and kiting them with the shortbow.

I know that Spellbreakers are very annoying due to how much sustain they have as well as CC which requires pressing a single button and it sucks for the thief because they have to play like a god, having lightning fast reflexes and dodging the warriors' Full Counter or any other CC skill.

reading those spellbreaker traits was super slow and with alot of 'i think...' was pretty obvious that you didnt prepare what you are going to say, wich makes it a little harder to follow.aside from that good commentary for the fights with core s/d vs spellbreaker and d/p daredevil vs core warrior in a conquest arena. in conquest people mostly do play metabuilds for wich your guide is enough, while for fighting warriors in WvW you probably need an extra one.when we got our DE patch, you probably could add rifle thief vs warrior aswell. at least i do think killing warriors is alot easier with rifle, if you do have enough space to kite.

WvW definitely makes the matchup more difficult as the stats start favoring the warrior/spellbreaker, and many more people run A/S over D/S.

Rifle trivializes a lot of fights into spellbreaker. If non-stealth rifle ends up stronger than current, I don't think it'll need much of a guide aside from "kite as necessary and don't kill yourself on shield projectile reflects when they block."

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:It's good info for those unaware already, but what it really just goes to show is how annoying the state of warrior is right now; you're effectively forced into playing very, very defensively on top-tier kits to keep up, and those fights were extremely long despite them having no external support or sustain.

In my opinion, s/d has better chances of fighting Spellbreakers due to Infiltrators' Return and Flanking Strike. The evasion can help you out when fighting a Spellbreaker. As for d/p, the best you've got is bursting them from stealth and kiting them with the shortbow.

I know that Spellbreakers are very annoying due to how much sustain they have as well as CC which requires pressing a single button and it sucks for the thief because they have to play like a god, having lightning fast reflexes and dodging the warriors' Full Counter or any other CC skill.

On Meta core acro, sure. On anything but, I'd argue D/P is better. Even in this video, we saw a lot of the evasive pressure coming from S/D was from IS and Shadow step, and a number of advantages were only generated via Improv resetting utilities to be reused.

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:WvW definitely makes the matchup more difficult as the stats start favoring the warrior/spellbreaker, and many more people run A/S over D/S.

in wvw both sides dealing more damage IMO favors the thief as he is avoiding more hits, while he is in need of less to kill.Rifle trivializes a lot of fights into spellbreaker. If non-stealth rifle ends up stronger than current, I don't think it'll need much of a guide aside from "kite as necessary and don't kill yourself on shield projectile reflects when they block."

sure its kite, dont kill yourself.just like the guide above is basically dont get hit and try to hit.

Warriors have ALWAYS been a pain in the ass for thieves, it's not a recent development. Don't comment on it right now like it's a bad thing, ty

@Blocki.4931 said:

Warriors have ALWAYS been a pain in the kitten for thieves, it's not a recent development. Don't comment on it right now like it's a bad thing, ty

Prior to the advent of resistance, concentration extending the effects of berserker stance and HS active's resistance, balanced stance crit reduction and autoproc balanced stance, axe 3 on the ammo system, and full counter, it wasn't that bad.

A lot of things contribute to warrior being harder to deal with than previously.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:The warrior's stats are much more advantageous in their WvW distribution with a Knights/Cavalier's mix, however.

knights / cavalier does too low damage to kill an opponent in a reasonable time in WvW. people will escape or some will join the fight. for that reason most warriors i run into use berserk-marauder mix ( for what ever reason warrior needs vitality) against those a thief is in advantage. on top many dont run RR but last stand wich you can easily trigger and is then on 40s downtime. people build for the mode usually and not for 1 specific encounter, while a warrior could build to 1 vs 1 a thief in wvw, they simply wouldnt be able to kill anything outside of that duel and even that would last ages.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:The warrior's stats are much more advantageous in their WvW distribution with a Knights/Cavalier's mix, however.

...on top many dont run RR but last stand wich you can easily trigger and is then on 40s downtime.

I run Rifle with S/P as my finisher, but I always start fights with a warrior by: Infiltrator's Strike (to outside his melee range) -> Headshot -> Infiltrator's Return -> wait out Last Stand xD

Archived