How to make other player invulnerable or very hard to kill? That player is able to use his skills.

The only method i can think of to make other players harder to kill would be effects like aegis which you could do with guardian or mesmer, but it'll realistically only stay up for a second. Druid healing could give a certain amount of staying power to those in the radias of your character but survivability is largely on the shoulders of each individual player. There are plenty of projectile absorption/negation effects which last for several seconds but those wont help you with melee or condition spreading aoes.

@Annihilator.2617 said:Is there a way to make another player invulnerable or very hard to kill for several seconds? But at the same time, that player is able to use his skills and it should work in wvw.

yes make firebrand support and follow that player and pump all your tomes on him.

if u mean ur self very hard to kill as solo guy play, engi / thief / mesmer / ranger.ranger and engi are harder to master but are quite a bitch to kill if played right.mesmer has tons of hides ports and invuls or evade frames even can be a bitch to kill in right hands.thief u just choose to fight and when to get the hell out, if played right no1 will kill you but u cant down a proper played ranger also.

What if you had a group of 5 players and they take turns casting things like aegis that affect 5 players? If you rotate the casting the first guy might have his cooldown finished or nearly so to start a new cycle. Would that work? I have to imagine it would at least be a pain for opponents.

@Biff.5312 said:What if you had a group of 5 players and they take turns casting things like aegis that affect 5 players? If you rotate the casting the first guy might have his cooldown finished or nearly so to start a new cycle. Would that work? I have to imagine it would at least be a pain for opponents.

Are you talking about using some sort of heavy frontline with firebrands that rotate heals and buffs in order to cover squishier people in the back?

Nah, it would never work.

@Biff.5312 said:What if you had a group of 5 players and they take turns casting things like aegis that affect 5 players? If you rotate the casting the first guy might have his cooldown finished or nearly so to start a new cycle. Would that work? I have to imagine it would at least be a pain for opponents.

Depends on what you're trying to achieve tbh. But to have 5 players collaborating for aegis as good as it sounds, is only effective when the group is outnumbering the opponent. In an equal 5v5 situation, it will need more than 5 players rotating aegis to block when all 5 of the enemies is focusing on one of your ally. 5 mirage is more fun compared to 5 aegis guards :lol:

Archived