Can renegade please get some form of movement speed?

Velran.1052

Not having access to swiftness or some passive movement speed increase heavily cripples renegade in WvW. The only real other way (other than glint...) to get swiftness is running invocations and having to spam some skill every 5 seconds, And traveler runes just ruins builds even more.

Please?

@Justine.6351 said:Blast Inspiring Reinforcement.

While an alternative source of swiftness, OP is looking to not have to spam skills too often in order to do it. Blast + Inspiring Reinforcement is generally much more annoying to do; at least you can trigger Rapid Flow with skills with no cast time and therefore make it fairly seamless.

The thing is, Herald kind of spoils revs and makes them complacent. While most professions have some sort of sustainable swiftness, it is usually pretty short duration and spammable, with the exception of Daredevils' Unhindered Combatant and the Druid trait that gives permanent +33% speed when you don't have a condition. Herald's nice easy perma-swiftness is great, but I don't feel having to spam a skill every 5 seconds is too bad compared to some other profs; at least you don't have to take a specific weapon or legend for it. As a QoL change, though, they could either remove the CD allowing you to build up swiftness (I don't even feel without a CD the heal would be too OP, but it could always be reduced) or else increase the swiftness duration to, say, 10 seconds.

@Manpag.6421 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Blast Inspiring Reinforcement.

While an alternative source of swiftness, OP is looking to not have to spam skills too often in order to do it. Blast + Inspiring Reinforcement is generally much more annoying to do; at least you can trigger Rapid Flow with skills with no cast time and therefore make it fairly seamless.

The thing is, Herald kind of spoils revs and makes them complacent. While most professions have some sort of sustainable swiftness, it is usually pretty short duration and spammable, with the exception of Daredevils' Unhindered Combatant and the Druid trait that gives permanent +33% speed when you don't have a condition. Herald's nice easy perma-swiftness is great, but I don't feel having to spam a skill every 5 seconds is
too
bad compared to some other profs; at least you don't have to take a specific weapon or legend for it. As a QoL change, though, they could either remove the CD allowing you to build up swiftness (I don't even feel without a CD the heal would be too OP, but it could always be reduced) or else increase the swiftness duration to, say, 10 seconds.

If he tripple blasts inspiring reinforcement with rapid flow he would build 35sec of swift. If he really desperate he can just run around with impossible odds on.

@Manpag.6421 said:

@Justine.6351 said:If he tripple blasts inspiring reinforcement with rapid flow he would build 35sec of swift. If he really desperate he can just run around with impossible odds on.

Apologies, I use mace so rarely I forget that you can pull off more than 1 or 2 blast finishers.

You can use hammer and staff for 3 as well if you are swift.

@Buran.3796 said:

@Velran.1052 said:Yeah, I'll just completely screw up my build by running a legend that has no synergy with it just because Anet can't give renegade an actual good way to get movement speed.

Is not that diferent from the Guardian perpetually forced to run traveller runes.

Except that guardian is actually, ya know, good, unlike pvp/wvw renegade

^Coz Renegade was made around the idea of hitting static PvE raid piñata bosses. You can put all the mobility from other classes in the spec, and still that mobility will be a waste in raids and the Renegade will remain useless in WvW. I'm not opossed to the demand, but still can't understand the point.

@Buran.3796 said:^Coz Renegade was made around the idea of hitting static PvE raid piñata bosses. You can put all the mobility from other classes in the spec, and still that mobility will be a waste in raids and the Renegade will remain useless in WvW. I'm not opossed to the demand, but still can't understand the point.

If SB can reliably hit, and renegade has mobility, you can play hit and run. We are neither here or there.

@Justine.6351 I mixed this with trait in invocation. But this is even worse. Jailis/kalla mix is the worst possible combo in PvP.

@otto.5684 said:

@Buran.3796 said:^Coz Renegade was made around the idea of hitting static PvE raid piñata bosses. You can put all the mobility from other classes in the spec, and still that mobility will be a waste in raids and the Renegade will remain useless in WvW. I'm not opossed to the demand, but still can't understand the point.

If SB can reliably hit, and renegade has mobility, you can play hit and run. We are neither here or there.

@Justine.6351 I mixed this with trait in invocation. But this is even worse.
Jailis/kalla mix is the worst possible combo in PvP.

Can not be helped...

Archived