[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times - Page 15 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

191011121315>

Comments

  • Naivea.5238Naivea.5238 Member ✭✭

    I hope that is is where I am supposed to post, sorry for the Necro if not, but do we have a current estimate on ticket wait times? I normally am Very patient, but I can not play until my issue is fixed sadly. I’m not asking for my ticket to be rushed or anything as I understand it’s a first come first serve thing, but I am just curious if I should even hope to play anytime soon. On 4 days now and no response. Again just wanting an estimate if it’s aprox 4 days or 2 weeks etc

  • TheUnknown.5204TheUnknown.5204 Member ✭✭
    edited May 28, 2019

    @Naivea.5238 said:
    I hope that is is where I am supposed to post, sorry for the Necro if not, but do we have a current estimate on ticket wait times? I normally am Very patient, but I can not play until my issue is fixed sadly. I’m not asking for my ticket to be rushed or anything as I understand it’s a first come first serve thing, but I am just curious if I should even hope to play anytime soon. On 4 days now and no response. Again just wanting an estimate if it’s approx 4 days or 2 weeks etc

    It sometimes takes longer (Depends on how many support tickets they receive) It took 3 days for them to reply to me and now when I recently contacted them about the queues in pvp not working I got a response from them in like 2-3 hours.

  • It's Memorial Day weekend in the US. Response times are probably slower the usual.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The CS Team works 24/7 and 365 days a year. Due to high volume at this time, tickets may take longer than usual.
    And, of course, it depends on the issue. Some issues take longer than others.

    Good luck.

  • Naivea.5238Naivea.5238 Member ✭✭

    Well ty for whoever saw this and got my ticket rolling and fixed ♥️♥️♥️

  • LoRdZeRo.5364LoRdZeRo.5364 Member ✭✭

    I hate saying anything bad about GW2.. it's a masterpiece I deeply love it. =)
    But my experience with CS wasn't that great. If it's straight forward simple issue it might take 2-3 days, if it's complicated issue.. it seems you better forget it.
    Also to be fair, answers from CS are great and words they use are very picky, warm and unique (well.. if you're lucky enough to get an answer :s )

  • Mini.9813Mini.9813 Member

    I have also put in a ticket a few days ago, and getting quite impatient to be honest.
    Altought it was under an other email (An account that wasn't used for a long time, and I am trying to recover it, and since i do not have to box with the serial I can't just reset the password)

  • Friend of mine cant even log in and is waiting for a response for a couple of days already on ticketnumber 7370898.
    He is just trying to deactive his authentification methods but no work being done here.

  • Yep same problems here, been days and not one peep.

  • Im trying to come back after 6 years. I still have my box and serial code but don't remember my characters name. I submitted a ticket 48 hours ago. What kind of response times should we expect?

    I only ask this because of multiple posts I've read where people have tried to get their acct back and support never replied to any ticket. I've repurchased the game and really want to play but don't want to invest time in characters if I'm going to be able to get my originals back. I don't mind waiting, just don't want to wait indefinitely when I could have been playing on my new acct.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The CS Team allows 72 hours to respond at normal ticket volume.
    The CS Team is experiencing high volume at this time, so responses may take longer than usual.

    Good luck.

  • After 3 Days got a reponse from Support Team. Thx for the Help.

  • 96 hours and counting, it seems like they are always experiencing high volume, maybe they should hire more people. :-1:

  • @PinkPrincess.4301 said:
    96 hours and counting,

    I'm sorry that anyone has to wait longer than 24 hours. To someone who wants to get back in the game, even a day's wait feels like forever.

    maybe they should hire more people.

    They did.
    The problem is that the "ideal number" for most of the year is far less than the right amount of staff for peak periods. Even if the company underpays support and overpays coders, adding more support would still mean fewer people working on the game itself.

    it seems like they are always experiencing high volume

    They had a really long period, including much of last year, where we suffered horrid delays, 3-4 weeks for non-urgent issues. Worse, there's some evidence that the uptick was predictable and someone in management might have planned ahead. (Since I don't work there, that's educated guessing on my part; there might well be important considerations that we wouldn't know about.)

    That's when they hired more people. Once they did so, it took them several months to whittle the backlog and for most of this year, the wait times were back to normal: even some non-urgent tickets were turned around in 24 hours or less.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • invictus.9602invictus.9602 Member
    edited June 12, 2019

    Yeah, I'm at 72 hours. I just need a password reset. If it didn't require remembering a characters name after 6 years they could probably cut out a lot of their calls. I found my box, disc and serial code in some old boxes when I was unpacking. Got excited because I thought that account was long gone and Soo tired of wow but this wait is taking a toll on that excitement to play again. Friend is pushing me to come back to FFXI and its getting harder to say no. All I need is a link in my email to reset my password. That's all.

    Edit: Yeah, I don't know. I give up. I've lost interest at this point. 3 days is entirely too long to sit around each day and wait. 24 hour responses should be max. I know they said they are busier than usual but look back at this thread, this has been going on for over a year now. Some people aren't even getting a response. Don't see any reason to sit in limbo indefinitely wondering if they will respond or if they never will. Id managed to talk my family into leaving wow and coming to GW. That's an account for my wife, son and daughter. I just don't get it. Hire more people, you're definitely losing customers that wanted to come back.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    The CS Team works 24/7 and 365 days a year. Due to high volume at this time, tickets may take longer than usual.
    And, of course, it depends on the issue. Some issues take longer than others.

    Good luck.

    No, they just prioritize their tickets. My boyfriend only recently bought the game and was banned a day later without any explanation. He's been waiting for 3 days now for a ticket response. I sent in a ticket 3 hours ago about not being able to purchase gems and got a reply within 20 minutes. The CS service for this game IS terrible. I've played way smaller games than Guild Wars that have live chat support 24/7. Being banned a day after purchasing the game, without explanation, not replying to tickets within 24 hours, this is NOT a good impression of the company for new players.

    And before anyone goes accusing my bf of actually doing something wrong, he was banned entirely over a misunderstanding.

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Madame Craycray.9805 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    The CS Team works 24/7 and 365 days a year. Due to high volume at this time, tickets may take longer than usual.
    And, of course, it depends on the issue. Some issues take longer than others.

    Good luck.

    No, they just prioritize their tickets. My boyfriend only recently bought the game and was banned a day later without any explanation. He's been waiting for 3 days now for a ticket response. I sent in a ticket 3 hours ago about not being able to purchase gems and got a reply within 20 minutes. The CS service for this game IS terrible. I've played way smaller games than Guild Wars that have live chat support 24/7. Being banned a day after purchasing the game, without explanation, not replying to tickets within 24 hours, this is NOT a good impression of the company for new players.

    And before anyone goes accusing my bf of actually doing something wrong, he was banned entirely over a misunderstanding.

    This could end up with one of those intriguing CS posts of clarity (we need Gaile back).. hmm who misunderstood who I guess is the question on my lips :)

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Of course they prioritize issues; access being one of the highest priorities. But, some issues take more time to clear up, such as account ownership or disputes, and some queues are longer than others. I'm sure no one wants their ticket to be pushed ahead of all the others that have been waiting patiently.
    And, sometimes, it's not entirely in the CS Team's hands, but in the payment processors', and how quickly they respond.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.