Thank you, ArenaNet staff :)

Nokomis.5076

Looking at the forums, they seem to be flooded with posts from angry people who cannot login or got disconnected. Some people even write, that they will leave Guild Wars.What those people don't understand is, that currently the staff from ArenaNet must feel like hell on earth.

To the staff of ArenaNet:Thanks for Path of Fire. Most of us know, that you do your best to continue with giving us new content, new challenges and more.Thanks for your hard work on this weekend. It must have been a difficult decision to release PoF on a friday. I hope, you guys get some free time extra when the first rush is done.Thanks for your patience. In the forums there are a lot of people who are a pain in the... you know. And yet you continue trying to let us all have fun in the game.

To those people who complain:Guild Wars is a game, just a game. Nobody is in debt to give you any compensation whatsoever. Guild Wars is a MMO and as such it is only natural, that with a new content, there are bugs which aren't found from the programmers, because the players do things, programmers don't even think about. Guild Wars isn't the only MMO where things like that happen.If you want to leave the game, just because the starting weekend of Path of Fire is difficult, then please do. Behind ArenaNet there are humans which have to work hard so you can have fun. They don't deserve your hate.Use your time for something else! There are other games, or, even better, there is a real life. I don't want you to change your gaming behaviour. But sometimes, things can't be changed and we have to wait. We all have to. I myself never even try to do new content on the first week it came out, because I know things can be difficult then. Patience is the key.

I just wanted to leave those words here :)

Well we all know the The Departed as a Ghost has a overly powered Broodmother Clone (Eater of Souls) if you try to complain about it everyone will be at your throat. You have no way to tell which area is the weapons are and such. These are just a few of the issues, The Departed should be a solo Instance the boss in there was looked to be a group effort.

and as for the release It could of been a lot worse. But I do feel bad for those who cant login though. But there is no reason to quit GW2 for a Expansion issue, Early release always carry problems so it will take time to sort it out.

It's like wanting your money back from the bus driver because he got stuck in a traffic jam. Yes, people paid for it. And this means they can still play it a few days later. PoF won't magically vanish in a few days.

There are more important things in life than being the first of your friends to have finished PoF (and probably having missed all those little details on the way to it).

Thanks ArenaNet! I know it has been a stressful weekend, if not months, to give us the expansion. While it is true that not everything may have gone smoothly, I wanted to say that I really appreciate your hard work, especially having to work over the weekend to try to fix everything. It shows that you are proud of your work and doing your best and as a player, I couldn't ask for more.

As mentioned previously, while there may be a lot of anger in posts, I hope that you do take comfort in that we do appreciate what you have done. People's anger only shows that we care about the game and want it to be good. So if anything, and in different ways, we are rooting for you :)

I agree with Nokomis! ArenaNet deserves some credit and thanks for providing us with a mostly smooth opening weekend. Having played many online games over the years; I find that this has been one of THE best transitions into a new expansion ever. Are there some bugs? Mhmm... most likely yes; although I played most of yesterday into the evening with very little "downtime" experienced. I come to this game to escape from the frustrations and glitches in the real world...so the little ones here are of no consequence..

The "world" ArenaNet has created for us here is beautiful and well thought out. I'm an "explorer" at heart and spend most of my time just looking around. Most of the "downtime" I experienced was due to my own clumsiness in learning the mounts and crashing into some not so nice mobs in the process. It's all good folks - give it some time and I'm sure ArenaNet will work out all the little bugs and inconsistencies like they always do.

Have a great day in the Crystal Desert all! :)

I agree that tbe negativity is overblown, but will never understand the advice to not play the game on release day. If everyone follows that advice then no one plays on release day. Know what happens to games that no one logs in to? Plus, those gamebreaking bugs wont show up until the huge influx of logins and attempts to play, so, by waiting a week, players would just be delaying the launch day fiascos until then.

Ultimately the players who are currently saying that they wait a few days, or even a week, before logging into a new expansion are benefitting from the trials and frustrations of those trying to play the game when the devs said it would be playable, when the devs accepted money for it to be playable. If you, as a, "patient," player type are going to use others as your guinea pigs, going to intentially benefit/profit from their frustrations, perhaps you should cut them some slack.

Again, I feel that some of the complaining is way overboard, but no more so than some of the reactions by the supposedly patient types.

PS, loving the expansion so far ANet, thank you.

Well, I would love to praise ANet for a job well done... But as I cannot even get to the new content, no dice.

The "Bus driver stuck in traffic" comparison is particularly flawed - the bus driver can't influence the traffic, isn't allowed to change his route, AND had no input in the planning of the route and timetable.

I'm not blaming the devs - I'm sure they did what they could given the constraints of time and money. I AM however blaming ANet (as in, the decision-makers) for not paying for a bit more server power to carry them through the release weekend, not giving the devs enough time to thoroughly test for bugs and balance issues, and who knows what other shortsighted "it's not profitable" decisions they made, valuing a few pennies saved today over several dollars more earned in the next release from what could've been satisfired customers.

Archived