Combat Revolves around Counterplay

Rezzet.3614

Lighting up chokes like that has been possible since day one. There's nothing special about scourge in that regard and really other classes can do it even better. Also, from your downed skills you appear to be a necro as well so I fail to see how this is a scourge problem rather than one of getting outplayed.

I mained a necro from launch to PoF launch. Scourge is the reason I switched to my chrono and ranger.Scourge as a concept for the areas we generally fight in, is just broken. Lords room, stairs, hallways, breaches, it is just ridiculous. 1 scourge is an easy kill most of the time, but wvw is all about blobs and 70% of all the blobs are scourges. I get it, some dev thought the elite skill plague was cool, so they nerfed it, changed it to plaguelands and than designed an entire elite spec off of that skill. WvW is even less about skill nowadays, and just a "who has the most scourges" wins. If you and the enemy have comparable number of scourges, it defaults to who has the most firebrands (thoughts about that spec reserved for it's complaint thread).

@"Ubi.4136" said:I mained a necro from launch to PoF launch. Scourge is the reason I switched to my chrono and ranger.I pretty much switched my main from ranger to necro when PoF launched. Well, I still "main" ranger, but necro definitely gets more playtime.The designers decided Scourge should be over-potent in large scale wvw. We've got to deal with that fact. In the end, you've got to learn to use the tools you're given, not fight them.

Everyone has access to the spec.

~ Kovu

edit- Everyone with PoF has access to the spec.

Based on the screenshots it appears you are also playing scourge (unless you decided to play reaper in a Zerg and then complain which is laughable) and have poor positioning based on the mini map. I doubt even if it was back to the base game hammer train you'd have had much more luck with surviving.

@"Coldtart.4785" said:Lighting up chokes like that has been possible since day one. There's nothing special about scourge in that regard and really other classes can do it even better. Also, from your downed skills you appear to be a necro as well so I fail to see how this is a scourge problem rather than one of getting outplayed.

Well yes but the scourge is most definetly special. You got some 50% more AoE per scourge compared to ye olde bomb. And a large part of that is mobile AoE that follows in with the entire duration of the push, unlike before where alot of the AoE could be "wasted" simply because battlefields moved and there was longer cooldowns on wells. This makes it pretty damn horrid. No class should have this kind of AoE, ever.

@Aodlop.1907 said:Hello, noob player here. Could yoy please tell me what are these red circles, their effects and what's the proper reaction when a necro uses them against you ? Thanks !

Hello, not a noob player here. I have no idea what any of these circles do, just don't walk into any of them. Yep that's the counter play to scourge. But what if they drop these attacks on your head? Stay out of 900 range of them, aka Pirate Ship.

Some of that looks like ac fire too, but yeah that's pretty ridiculous.Use to be wells covering those chokes with 5s duration and 35-40s cooldowns.Now you get shades on 10s duration, with shroud on 7s duration and 20s cooldown, with half your zerg running a scourge because you have to in order to get all that damage and corruption on groups.Just too many things given to one class.

@Sovereign.1093 said:=) tunnel is hot go to otherside.

strategic rrtreat is sometimes good.

uses brain. ( ^ω^)

except for the part where ALL of the SMC inner was a Death Zone , there were two guilds wich run Scourge trains in that zerg , thus no counter play sure you can run and live but why bother playing then if you cant fight back?

all people have an answer, some servers enjoy running the meta thus these servers all have their answer ready..

u gotta do this u gotta use this do that.untill meta server meets another try hard with shit loads of these retarded classes but the other server happend to be slightly more active and they just path over your corpse time after time cus theres no counter play versus decent played scourges in a blob..

u gotta pick em off and decrease their size before going in full force..if u go in straight away full force with less scourges ur dead simple as that, your shit all get corrupt half your blob dies in a flash the remaining cant do a shit versus all these red circles floating around everywhere, fight has ended..

yay the joy.

@Helly.2597 said:Based on the screenshots it appears you are also playing scourge (unless you decided to play reaper in a Zerg and then complain which is laughable) and have poor positioning based on the mini map. I doubt even if it was back to the base game hammer train you'd have had much more luck with surviving.

how would me playing scourge change facts? and again im not complaining about me dying my point is all this long range massive radius non projectile half unblockable spam leaves no counterplay, if we built siege because the blob was mainly 2 scourge guilds they'd just face tank because of barrier spam .

i hate scourge but at this point im forced to play it to be able to participate at all

not many know this but projectiles dont work against scourge blobs either because they have a Corruption skill that creates an anti projectile zone wich reduces enemy offence to melee, rev hammer, and ground targeted skills that arent projectiles so basically necro itself. 8s duration,20s cd each also this aoe zone causes weakness thus screwing enemy offense even further, shades also cleanse condi wich further reduces enemy counterplay .

simply put scourge blobs do Everything

bal> @Rezzet.3614 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:=) tunnel is hot go to otherside.

strategic rrtreat is sometimes good.

uses brain. ( ^ω^)

except for the part where ALL of the SMC inner was a Death Zone , there were two guilds wich run Scourge trains in that zerg , thus no counter play sure you can run and live but why bother playing then if you cant fight back?

sadly if so, blob x tank x siege be tje only counter

Archived