wvw survey

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of those reasons are not even about "tanking", more like personal reasons to take a break. Tanking involves large amount of players not playing at the same time. The two more recent servers to "actually" tank were JQ when they wanted to open their server 4-6 months ago, and Mag when they wanted to leave tier one a year ago. The rest of the supposed tanking isn't really tanking when you can't compete in the first place because of imbalances.

You should add " No more objectives, No more competition between servers (destroyed with relinking) and no competitive tournament, So people are stacking just for zerg/bags and banane KT"i think that is the most probable reason why people are stacking. It's look like more a big mistake from anet to have gave up this gamemode for a long time.until the first expansion, we only got rewards and a Map, all the rest is just a PvE containt "adapt" to WvW ...

Before relinking , we had server identity , we all got a core member's server more like a familly. Guilds may switch between servers but that was not a big exodu.

since this all we got started to disapear. The will of fight for your proper server(Relinking), Fun in Fight(meta), objectives for your server.
WvW is now all about loot, pips and sometimes "bags". it's look like more edge of the mist gameplay , just follow tags , kill lords, sometimes onepush others bus is they are few and get your participation high. with that you dont need to join audio/guilds or even try to get some stuff for WvW.

just look at the start of Gw2 and WvW a international forum WvW were opened , Wvw videos , polls , discussions were made between servers etc... but now it's closedIt just show the loss and the lack of fun we have in WvW nowadays.

None of the above, IMO.

I won't even call "tanking", but rather "not playing". The main reason is that WvW as it is, utterly failed as a COMPETITIVE game mode. Giving points "per ticks" rather than activity, encourages avoiding any other ways than capping.

Why not playing? Because not everyone is excited with coverage vs. cap centered game. Many wanted huge scale fights, medium, small or even duels, with a meaning: a scoring based on that, stats recorded and kept, with a leaderboard that remembers your contribution, guild stats and server stats as well.

These days hardly there is 1-2 hours when on a server both sides have a force willing to fight and able to do so.

Those who still checking in, and want something other than PPT (which is just PvE vs. NPC guards most of the times, or one sided affair), will just log out and do something else. The rest can't even play the PPT game as a result. Capping objectives and fighting can't mix well, when all it takes to "win" is avoid fighting and cap instead.

@Ahka.6705 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:i feel that. tourneys were the best fun.

unofficial reason imo tourneys were stopped is because 2 v1 coordinated.

Server stacking killed tourneys. Having twice as many players as the other servers in your tier is unfair.

lel not really , anet have block for weeks server migraton during tourneys and more than that , they were league 'gold, silver and bronze" so the first in silver have won the same amount of reward that the best in gold league.

the things that bring server stacking is the lack of containt in WvW and the meta that bring less figth and fun than before condition rework.

@Ahka.6705 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:i feel that. tourneys were the best fun.

Server stacking killed tourneys. Having twice as many players as the other servers in your tier is unfair.

could be but last tourney all servers were stacked.and it was.never.an issue

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Most of those reasons are not even about "tanking", more like personal reasons to take a break. Tanking involves large amount of players not playing at the same time. The two more recent servers to "actually" tank were JQ when they wanted to open their server 4-6 months ago, and Mag when they wanted to leave tier one a year ago. The rest of the supposed tanking isn't really tanking when you can't compete in the first place because of imbalances.

I agree that almost none of the poll options have anything to do with tanking but I disagree with the idea that tanking isn't prevalent, and the reason is precisely that ppl do not want to compete, they want to farm . . .

If you play the game, your server is going to rise up through the tiers until it reaches a place where the fights are more even which means you're going to start losing. When you lose about as much as you win you've reached your server's natural place in the pecking order until your or another server starts to get better or worse. But ppl don't want to fight an even match, they just want to follow tag and get loots like they do in pve so they stop playing once the competition demands more than that :(

@Gop.8713 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Most of those reasons are not even about "tanking", more like personal reasons to take a break. Tanking involves large amount of players not playing at the same time. The two more recent servers to "actually" tank were JQ when they wanted to open their server 4-6 months ago, and Mag when they wanted to leave tier one a year ago. The rest of the supposed tanking isn't really tanking when you can't compete in the first place because of imbalances.

I agree that almost none of the poll options have anything to do with tanking but I disagree with the idea that tanking isn't prevalent, and the reason is precisely that ppl do not want to compete, they want to farm . . .

If you play the game, your server is going to rise up through the tiers until it reaches a place where the fights are more even which means you're going to start losing. When you lose about as much as you win you've reached your server's natural place in the pecking order until your or another server starts to get better or worse. But ppl don't want to fight an even match, they just want to follow tag and get loots like they do in pve so they stop playing once the competition demands more than that :(

Some people continue to equate tier with skill, they are wrong.Coverage determines tier. Does anyone here think NSP is among the best at WvW? NSP is in t1 because it has a sea guild now.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Some people continue to equate tier with skill, they are wrong.Coverage determines tier. Does anyone here think NSP is among the best at WvW? NSP is in t1 because it has a sea guild now.

we just care about the game mode =).

Voted for the lack of comms, although that's not the real reason, that just the cause. Why the comms choose to not play and tank as a result is the real reason. Mostly I think they either get bored or want some time facerolling.

@Feanor.2358 said:Voted for the lack of comms, although that's not the real reason, that just the cause. Why the comms choose to not play and tank as a result is the real reason. Mostly I think they either get bored or want some time facerolling.

Maybe there aren't enough PPT comms left (I surely won't blame them, and there is no need of a squad to PPT, is better with multiple 5-10 parties that can't be countered with pin watching)

@Redponey.8352 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:i feel that. tourneys were the best fun.

lel not really , anet have block for weeks server migraton during tourneys and more than that , they were league 'gold, silver and bronze" so the first in silver have won the same amount of reward that the best in gold league.

You don't seem to remember the tournaments very well then. The leagues were arbitrary boundaries that prevented stacked servers (because xfers to them were free) from crossing into and competing in their correct division.

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Voted for the lack of comms, although that's not the real reason, that just the cause. Why the comms choose to not play and tank as a result is the real reason. Mostly I think they either get bored or want some time facerolling.

Maybe there aren't enough PPT comms left (I surely won't blame them, and there is no need of a squad to PPT, is better with multiple 5-10 parties that can't be countered with pin watching)

And then the next week our keeps remain t3 forever? Nah, I get the feeling people sometimes just get annoyed of consistently losing and decide to tank so they get to consistently win after it.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

could be but last tourney all servers were stacked.and it was.never.an issue

So you're saying that, for example the free transfers to HoD that stacked it to gold division level while it was stuck in silver, was never an issue. LOL.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Some people continue to equate tier with skill, they are wrong.

Yeah that's a good point too, but equating coverage with tier is also a fallacy, it's just another factor along with skill and population etc. . . .

My point remains though, for the most part ppl in wvw aren't really looking for an even matchup . . .

Archived