New underwater weapon?

pah.4931

I don't see that actual words "Revenant can now equip XXX underwater" ... but:

Mistsfire: This new skill fires a single projectile that inflicts conditions based on what legend is active.

Portal Fire: This new skill fires multiple projectiles at the opponent from Mists rifts around the revenant.

Rift of Pain: This new skill saturates the target, creating a chilling area around them with a field type that is based on which legend the revenant is attuned to upon casting the skill. Allies in the affected area gain beneficial effects.

Reckoning Blast: This new skill releases a blast of Mists energy that heals allies and knocks enemies back. Inflict conditions that are based on the player's current legend each time a target is struck.

Torrential Mists: Releases the Mists from the revenant's aura. Has a chance to inflict conditions that are based on the active legend.

@Sindre.6928 said:

@pah.4931 said:Yup! Trident it is!

Spear took a pretty bad hit though. :pensive:

Spear was prity insane with Shiro :)

But then again the new Tridents skills looks and feels great. And that Jalis wall.. just wow.

I'm excited to try them out! Animations and VIBE are two of the reasons I like Rev so much (even if they are hard to pilot on pvp and often times super clunky)

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Now, all they need to do is make it so that Short bow works like the new Trident with different conditions based on equipped legend and it MIGHT be a start of making Shortbow not REALLY suck. Trident looks fun

IMO - all of the weapons should work like the trident does. I know this is something that has been asked for on the forums for all the weapons. Maybe this is a test drive for a larger change.

Everyone, only post positive comments about the how the legends effects the trident. 3 out of 6 ain't bad - we are at 50% now. It is progress in the right direction.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Now, all they need to do is make it so that Short bow works like the new Trident with different conditions based on equipped legend and it MIGHT be a start of making Shortbow not REALLY suck. Trident looks fun

IMO - all of the weapons should work like the trident does. I know this is something that has been asked for on the forums for all the weapons. Maybe this is a test drive for a larger change.

Everyone, only post positive comments about the how the legends effects the trident. 3 out of 6 ain't bad - we are at 50% now. It is progress in the right direction.

It would make sense, though not sure if it being for every weapon would be that good or balanced. What conditions could weapons like Staff proc? I dont think it would be a good idea for every weapon having all the same conditions, What conditions does Herald and Renegade proc?

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

It would make sense, though not sure if it being for every weapon would be that good or balanced. What conditions could weapons like Staff proc? I dont think it would be a good idea for every weapon having all the same conditions, What conditions does Herald and Renegade proc?

They wouldn't all need to proc conditions. Some could pro boons.

Herald would probably be a boon, whereas renegade would be bleed

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:

They wouldn't all need to proc conditions. Some could pro boons.

Herald would probably be a boon, whereas renegade would be bleed

I dont think that would happen, Boon(s) on auto attacks? Wont happen. What would be good is if it worked like the Trident so ALL skills proc the said condition, just different stacks and duration's. Would lead to balance issues maybe with Mace and Axe

@Nyel.1843 said:Isn't one of the Mesmer auto attacks proccing boons? (Staff 1)

RNG based, Melee and can bounce to other allies, pets, clones and such as well. Doesnt mean that the Mesmer will get them. Its also on an attackthat deals dreadful direct damage. So i guess it could work on say Mace but weapons like Hammer, Staff, Sword not really going to work with them

Trident 5 is pretty wild.T1 is fine as power or condi.T2 is like T5 but more usable. Also it doesn't require facing, T5 does.T3 and 4 are not very good from what I am seeing atm, I suspect those are more condi oriented though.

I tried some jalis underwater and although it has more reasonable costed skills, its hard to give up mallyx for it. Stunbreak/Resistance in a skill with no recharge is far better than jalis with a healing purge on a 30sec cd. I like the taunt chain but again the boon removal from banish enchantment is probably going to serve you better if you even bother to cast that even. The hammers are pretty cool but keeping foes in such a small range underwater is going to make this skill more about damage mitigation than anything. Maybe in pve jalis would be good over mallyx?

I'm loving the new Trident. Especially the new 5 skill, unreliable as it may be. But potentially 22 torment on a 3? second channel is fun design. Fun is the bread and butter of UW skills as there's no real endgame UW combat, excluding that 1 fractal.

@Yannir.4132 said:I'm loving the new Trident. Especially the new 5 skill, unreliable as it may be. But potentially 22 torment on a 3? second channel is fun design. Fun is the bread and butter of UW skills as there's no real endgame UW combat, excluding that 1 fractal.

That may change next expension. Theres a reason why they looked at underwater combat .

@Burtnik.5218 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:I'm loving the new Trident. Especially the new 5 skill, unreliable as it may be. But potentially 22 torment on a 3? second channel is fun design. Fun is the bread and butter of UW skills as there's no real endgame UW combat, excluding that 1 fractal.

That may change next expension. Theres a reason why they looked at underwater combat .

I'm thinking it's more about upcoming LWS/endgame PvE releases. Who knows, maybe they just want to have it as an option for releasing content. This past patch might just be one of many more to come regarding UW combat.

@Burtnik.5218 said:

Underwater mounts. We lost quickness in Impossible Odds so they can sell unlimited gathering tools with speed enhancements to do the same we had for free. A fair trade. This class was strong underwater so they needed to slay it to te point that if I need to do that kind of content again would be with another character.

@Justine.6351 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Dont forget that t3 is the field enabler depending on legend.. Thats what makes it good. First t3, then t2 or t5

and what do you use to activate that field? 20% projectiles?

Absolutely. Even with the 20% chance, you can inflict lots of vulnerability, remove condis, or leech life. Skill 5 has 22 hits-- if every one of those hits procced a combo finisher, given how fast they hit, it would be broken. Skill 2 is 8 strikes I think, and also hits very quickly. Skill 1 is always a finisher, and you can fireplenty of those in addition to the non-autos while the field is up. Most of these have relatively short cooldowns, so you won't burn out super quick. ?

@CrayonComa.7129 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Dont forget that t3 is the field enabler depending on legend.. Thats what makes it good. First t3, then t2 or t5

Absolutely. Even with the 20% chance, you can inflict lots of vulnerability, remove condis, or leech life. Skill 5 has 22 hits-- if every one of those hits procced a combo finisher, given how fast they hit, it would be broken. Skill 2 is 8 strikes I think, and also hits very quickly. Skill 1 is always a finisher, and you can fireplenty of those in addition to the non-autos while the field is up. Most of these have relatively short cooldowns, so you won't burn out super quick. ?

You should probably try this ingame or something and read up on finishers and combo fields.

Dark Fields: 202 life steal, 202 healingLightning Fields: vulnerability 5 secondsLight Fields: cleansing bolt

Dark Fields leeching is pathetic. There really isn't an argument for it until you are talking 100% projectile finishers. And no, trident 1 nor spear 1 is a 100% finisher.Lightning Fields vulnerability has half the duration of any of the trident skills. Trident 5 already caps out vulnerability and the rest of the skills have basically no proc chance value when weighed against skill vulnerability.Light Fields only affects allies the bolt passes through and those in melee range of struck foes.

This is beyond the fact the field is not nearly as big underwater as it is on land. Just testing on pve foes and they are immediately out of it the second I cast it. To make any procs happen I had to get into melee range and cast it then cast my other trident skills. Against ranged attackers it might be ok until they swim out of it? It is automatically centered on the foe so you cannot place it in front of them to double the crossing distance.

The real reason to cast trident 3 is the cheap cost, the chilling field, protection and quite simply it's long duration.

@Justine.6351 said:

You should probably try this ingame or something and read up on finishers and combo fields.

Dark Fields: 202 life steal, 202 healingLightning Fields: vulnerability 5 secondsLight Fields: cleansing bolt

Dark Fields leeching is pathetic. There really isn't an argument for it until you are talking 100% projectile finishers. And no, trident 1 nor spear 1 is a 100% finisher.Lightning Fields vulnerability has half the duration of any of the trident skills. Trident 5 already caps out vulnerability and the rest of the skills have basically no proc chance value when weighed against skill vulnerability.Light Fields only affects allies the bolt passes through and those in melee range of struck foes.

This is beyond the fact the field is not nearly as big underwater as it is on land. Just testing on pve foes and they are immediately out of it the second I cast it. To make any procs happen I had to get into melee range and cast it then cast my other trident skills. Against ranged attackers it might be ok until they swim out of it? It is automatically centered on the foe so you cannot place it in front of them to double the crossing distance.

The real reason to cast trident 3 is the cheap cost, the chilling field, protection and quite simply it's long duration.

Hi, thanks, I've used it in game quite a bit. Trident is my new favorite underwater weapon for rev. I'll admit, I mostly use the lightning field. Tends to melt whatever is inside. Would definitely be neat if it were larger so that the light field could be used more effectively by a support build. ?

@CrayonComa.7129 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Dont forget that t3 is the field enabler depending on legend.. Thats what makes it good. First t3, then t2 or t5

Hi, thanks, I've used it in game quite a bit. Trident is my new favorite underwater weapon for rev. I'll admit, I mostly use the lightning field. Tends to melt whatever is inside. Would definitely be neat if it were larger so that the light field could be used more effectively by a support build. ?

What exactly about this field causes "whatever is inside" to "melt"?

Archived