Lets discuss side nodes and how OP some of them are for different team colours

Chilli.2976

@Shooka.9712 said:youll get places roughly the same amount of times on each side of a map, and its nice that maps arent mirrored and theres some differences.

No, there are huge differences on the sides nodes - look at Eternal Coliseum, one side has a huge kitting obstacle and the other has only a few boxes where aoe can just spam you off.

Your also looking for balance here not something that looks pretty.

@BMW.2951 said:You and I both know PvP isn't balanced at all and never will be.

Map balance can be fixed very easily just mirror each side node - no need to make one more advantageous than the other. I understand it might be for lore or for an aestheticlook but its PvP and balance is key. ;)

I like it. The thing I think the benefit each team gets over the uniqueness of the nodes isn't all that important because fights frequently play out over all three nodes and that every player can take advantage of the terrain. When red aggresses blue's home, all the various LOS and jumping puzzles are just as available to them as they are the blue team.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@Shooka.9712 said:youll get places roughly the same amount of times on each side of a map, and its nice that maps arent mirrored and theres some differences.

No, there are huge differences on the sides nodes - look at Eternal Coliseum, one side has a huge kitting obstacle and the other has only a few boxes where aoe can just spam you off.

What? Coliseum nodes are literally exactly the same.

@Best.3479 said:

One side has wood planks, the other wood boxes. The boxes are slightly smaller. No big deal.

@CaldaRaric.6305 said:

@"Shooka.9712" said:youll get places roughly the same amount of times on each side of a map, and its nice that maps arent mirrored and theres some differences.

One side has wood planks, the other wood boxes. The boxes are slightly smaller. No big deal.

Way better los and kitting potential though. So the side noder that is going to I think its the red side node with the big box can have a better chance of "juking" people.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@"Shooka.9712" said:youll get places roughly the same amount of times on each side of a map, and its nice that maps arent mirrored and theres some differences.

Way better los and kitting potential though. So the side noder that is going to I think its the red side node with the big box can have a better chance of "juking" people.

The person defending the node has a better chance to “juke” as well.

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:You really think minor terrain variations are going to throw a game? We're still complaining about unload spam, Scourge dumping condis on us and full counter. The meta is still a little baby. GW2 will die before the meta evolves enough to "spawned on red gg, inferior terrain assets".

If you have played as many games as me you'd understand that terrain plays a huge part in the game. This post is not about balance of classes but about the maps themselves.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:You really think minor terrain variations are going to throw a game? We're still complaining about unload spam, Scourge dumping condis on us and full counter. The meta is still a little baby. GW2 will die before the meta evolves enough to "spawned on red gg, inferior terrain assets".

If you have played as many games as me you'd understand that terrain plays a huge part in the game. This post is not about balance of classes but about the maps themselves.

Terrain is influential, yes.So influential that the maps must be standardized symmetrically? No.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:So I'm still curious to know why the side nodes are not exactly the same for both teams? Some of the maps there is a way better kitting potential/disengage potential for x team - where is the balance for the maps?

You mean just like red is closer to the sword buff on the colliseum map?

Blue is closer to the sword buff and red is closer the shield buff in terms of home nodes.

Side nodes on all maps are very similar when it comes to kitting potential tho.

And even it if wasn't, what's the problem with that? Both teams play on all 3 nodes, if red close has poor kitting potential, it just means that blue far has poor kitting potential, none of the teams have any advantages.

@Spoichiche.1290 said:

if red close has poor kitting potential, it just means that blue far has poor kitting potential, none of the teams have any advantages.

That is incorrect, just because one has poor kiting potential doesn't mean the other will - this is what I'm trying to discuss one has better obstacles than the other.

@Chilli.2976 said:

if red close has poor kitting potential, it just means that blue far has poor kitting potential, none of the teams have any advantages.

That is incorrect, just because one has poor kiting potential doesn't mean the other will - this is what I'm trying to discuss one has better obstacles than the other.

I don't think you read what i wrote properly. Red close == Blue far. If my close is bad for kiting, then from their perspective, their far is also bad for kiting and we both have to deal with it.At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if it's close or far, the points belong to both team.

@"Eggyokeo.9705" said:I would rather far have the better kiting potential. Makes it easy to draw out my far pushes and hold 2 people there for longer. That one that annoys me is the pirate one and one side having the knock of potential

Yeah that's correct red side node on capricorn is too levitated and has the chance of been knock backed, where as blue side node just has barriers around the node. Can someone explain how this is the "same"?

The one that surprises me most are the approaches to the bell on Capricorn. The east approach is on-level, but from the west, one has to make it up stairs right by the point. It creates a big difference for ranged characters off-point trying to target the circle.

All is fair in love and war. If you are concerned about a super slight terrain difference between sides, maybe you need a break.

IN a battlefield, its not always going to be even. any terrain "issues" is ovrecome by actualy using strats as even the "unfair terrain" can work in your favor with a simple strat.

Dont feel like using a strat? Then you are not willing to put effort in, so why should others?

Just enjoy the game, There too much toxicity in the game mode as it is to worry about a "slight terrain difference"

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:All is fair in love and war. If you are concerned about a super slight terrain difference between sides, maybe you need a break.

IN a battlefield, its not always going to be even. any terrain "issues" is ovrecome by actualy using strats as even the "unfair terrain" can work in your favor with a simple strat.

Dont feel like using a strat? Then you are not willing to put effort in, so why should others?

Just enjoy the game, There too much toxicity in the game mode as it is to worry about a "slight terrain difference"

Why are you quoting irl stuff lol? This is a online game in other words it's not real.

Archived