Deciphering the All

Daniel Handler.4816

It is very likely the All/Mists/Magic for this game can be reverse engineered to some degree using lore, the Manual of the Planes, and real world math/astronomy.

The Mists - File:Lord_Odran%27s_map_of_the_Mists_(te

Magic:

• This is a 3-torus with 12 segments
  • Earth's magnetic field is also a 3-torus https://infograph.venngage.com/p/230803/magnetic-field-infographic
  • 12 is the number of Dragon domains that make up the entire spectrum of magic. Dragons are responsible for preventing there from being too much magic that Tyria falls off its axis. The magnetic field of the Earth is produced by the spin of its axis. It is likely magic flows through Tyria like magnetism.

Drafting planes.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:How do I decipher this post?

Geometry, Astronomy, and Lore. For example::

Geometry: This is a 3-torus with 12 segments

Astronomy: Earth's magnetic field is also a 3-torus https://infograph.venngage.com/p/230803/magnetic-field-infographic

Lore: 12 is the number of Dragon domains that make up the entire spectrum of magic. And the Dragons are responsible for preventing there from being too much magic that Tyria falls off its axis. It is likely magic flows through the world like magnetism.

I realise the images in the original post aren't loading next to their paragraphs so I am trying find a better way to re-organize.

edit: also the 12 segments would be spheres in another dimension. Thus spheres of influence

@Fenom.9457 said:

Either get as drunk or as smart as this guy

I'm describing something very visual in science and none of the pictures and diagrams loaded. Fortunately the video did, unfortunately I forgot to link to right second.I'm going to try to redo this shitty powerpoint, but not tonight.

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

An eye in the middle of the sun is an alternate depiction of the All Seeing Eye (this particular version being most related to the right Eye of Horus, said to represent the sun, I believe). In GW1's version of Lord Odran's Map of the Mists, the center was not an eye in a star but an eye in a triangle much like the Eye of Janthir (again, All Seeing Eye symbols). I do not think there's a relation to the Ritualists/Revenants or Razah beyond that the Ritualists' eye symbol was similarly linked to the concept of the All Seeing Eye (the idea for them of being able to see the spiritual world through one's overly generic "inner eye" concept).

It's a rather overused and generic concept which makes it hard to solidly connect them together. All of them simply mean the overall "seeing and knowing beyond normal human limitations" kinds of concept.

• The stars on the surface of the sphere resemble the balloon analogy. http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/balloon0.htmlI'm not quite sure we can. The original depiction of this map had no stars IIRC, so this is likely just an artistic license of the Priory and is simply meant to represent space in general, especially since GW2 is more and more relating the Mists with celestial powers.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Either get as drunk or as smart as this guy

Shrooms.

Okay I'll make it even simpler. Spot the similarity between the shapes in both videos. No reading required.

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-24719315-stock-footage--d-animation-of-magnetic-field-force-lines-flowing-surrounding-the-earth-the-magnetosphere.html

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:

An eye in the middle of the sun is an alternate depiction of the All Seeing Eye (this particular version being most related to the right Eye of Horus, said to represent the sun, I believe). In GW1's version of Lord Odran's Map of the Mists, the center was not an eye in a star but an eye in a triangle much like the Eye of Janthir (again, All Seeing Eye symbols). I do not think there's a relation to the Ritualists/Revenants or Razah beyond that the Ritualists' eye symbol was similarly linked to the concept of the All Seeing Eye (the idea for them of being able to see the spiritual world through one's overly generic "inner eye" concept)

It's a rather overused and generic concept which makes it hard to solidly connect them together. All of them simply mean the overall "seeing and knowing beyond normal human limitations" kinds of concept.
  • The stars on the surface of the sphere resemble the balloon analogy.
    I'm not quite sure we can. The original depiction of this map had no stars IIRC, so this is likely just an artistic license of the Priory and is simply meant to represent space in general, especially since GW2 is more and more relating the Mists with celestial powers.

Technically the rift is All Seeing. It could also symbolize a tear in space with the Hall of Heroes in the middle surrounded by light. Whatever Odran wanted, but he would not leave it off the map. It is the center of all thing and he killed many people to reach it. What the surface of the sphere signifies is a toss-up since he has a mortal's perspective of the Mists.

Speaking of which. I thought I understood how to answer your prior question about Ventari channeling philosophy and writing etc, but while I was looking up cosmology they released a trident https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trident where the echo itself can influence the mists' energy. Perhaps in a similar fashion to how memories of faith and joy influence aether to produce a White Stag.I think this might be faith and mind magic combined, which is why they say faith and will in the hidden arcana.

Archived