Dive Master Astora

You get one from the NPC and one per day for doing the daily underwater kills. It'll take around seven or eight days total from today to complete the achievement . . . if you did the daily today before the reset. Also, you will be able to repeat it for a total of fifty achievement points.

Source: http://dulfy.net/2018/05/08/gw2-sunken-treasure-hunter-achievement-guide/

Edit: It's also possible to get a key as a random drop, but I haven't been that lucky . . . so far.

What I had to be taught (thanks, friendly Map chatters!) is that when you bring up the achievement (search "Master Diver" in your ach panel) and see the map locations for the chests, you need to click on the map name with the little X icon thingy and it opens up your map and zooms you to pretty much the exact location of the chest, the way the Scout npcs zoom your map around.

So her dialogue about "You don't need to search, I already know where the wrecks are" is pointing you to the achieve interface, not to having to return to her with every key. It's not at all obvious.

I used my first key to open the chest in Gendarren. I waited around to kill 10 krait to get the daily and another key. I tried to open that box again, and it wouldn't let me. I went to Bloodtide, and opened that one.

Can you only open one chest at each location per day?

I notice the daily says "kill krait in a 24 hour period". Is that also 'poor text', and it really resets with normal dailies, or did they actually add one of those 'real time' 22-24 hour clock items in the game? I thought we were trying to get rid of those? :confused:

@"notebene.3190" said:I used my first key to open the chest in Gendarren. I waited around to kill 10 krait to get the daily and another key. I tried to open that box again, and it wouldn't let me. I went to Bloodtide, and opened that one.

Can you only open one chest at each location per day?

I notice the daily says "kill krait in a 24 hour period". Is that also 'poor text', and it really resets with normal dailies, or did they actually add one of those 'real time' 22-24 hour clock items in the game? I thought we were trying to get rid of those? :confused:

Considering the game resets at the same time every day, you have 24 hours from reset time to kill 10 Krait, nothing poor about the text at all, nor was anything changed with the clock, just for some reason they felt that it was necessary to let you know you only have 24 hours to kill 10 Krait...and maybe it has to do with time zones and the server resets.

Archived