Confusion is still bad in PvE! (5/8/2018)

Sodeni.6041

So when I read the patchnotes I was really excited.

Confusion: This condition has been reworked and will now inflict more damage to nonplayer enemies than players instead of being split between game modes.

So I thought everything would be like PoF release where confusion ticked the same amount of damage as bleeding.

But as it appears it still applies almost no damage over time but does double damage on skill activation in PvE.

This is a band-aid fix that clearly doesn't adress the issues that PvE mobs still don't attack enough to compensate for not having a damage over time condition. Also, if mobs are stunned or disabled they can't use skills either so they get no damage from confusion.

Anet, why don't you revert the confusion damage back to PoF release where it ticked the same amount of damage in PvE as bleeding? It's the only option to make it viable in PvE again.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:You're not supposed to use confusion in rotation. You're supposed to use it situationally to punish enemies for attacking.

All it really needs is a damage buff.

If that's true, their design fails. The duration of confusion on axes of symmetry is twice as long as the cooldown for the skill. Confusion will always be present on the target. What you describe isn't happening.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:You're not supposed to use confusion in rotation. You're supposed to use it situationally to punish enemies for attacking.

All it really needs is a damage buff.

Please, continue, tell me all about how you punish slowly attacking PvE mobs.

Obviously wait till they attack, taking forever to kill anything with a condi build /s

Oh wait, everyone tried that for years and figured out it sucked and was a horrible way to do PvE.

They obviously made this change for pvp to give axe some omph cos if axe only had torment its completely unplayable in pvp/wvw setting. But because of this change condi mirage pve lose about 10% dps. I think they should increase the conditions durations on the axe 1 skills by small amount like 1-2 seconds to compensate. If the developers want to give axe more oomph in pvp/wvw, they can also put confusion on axe 2 and the axe ambush while keeping the existing torment. Atm having confusion on axe 3 and no torment is bad because pve mobs dont attack enough and it ends up being a dps loss if u use axe 3.

Archived