Mirage, chrono, are we there yet

kiranslee.4829

My question:Is balance team so unaware or ignorant on insane amount of power and condi dmg, bursts , boons, evades, and heals chronos and mirage provide, especially in team ? Quite soon this will go so overboard that only class that will be meta for wvw roaming, raids or/and fractals will be mesmer /elite spec. I didnt say pvp coz there is no point , top tier mesmers rule pvp for ages anyway.....

I main mes. Both "meta builds" are still absurdly good. The recent nerf to Chronophantasma did relatively nothing in regards to the sheer damage and sustain that Chrono has. Condi/Power mirage is still beyond broken as they weren't even touched upon this patch.

It's survivablity is fine they were not going to nerf that, plus it never was really a problem until the phant changes.

What we have now is a flat 50% reduction on the main dominating trait that makes the influx of phantasms much harder to deal with. This allows builds to live longer against it.However if you still fail to out play it, and refuse actively fight around it's mechanics you will not easily down them, which the exact same can be said for other classes as well. This is intentional.

Meanwhile, zergs consisting of 70%+ scourges still break WvW.

Calling mesmer meta for WvW roaming is hilarious. Its a good duelist - its been that since release - but other classes still outnumber it 20 to 1 even if only considering roaming.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Meanwhile, zergs consisting of 70%+ scourges still break WvW.

Calling mesmer meta for WvW roaming is hilarious. Its a good duelist - its been that since release - but other classes still outnumber it 20 to 1 even if only considering roaming.

What server? There are tons running around in t3 right now.

@Dralor.3701 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Meanwhile, zergs consisting of 70%+ scourges still break WvW.

Fighting in T1 EU at the moment as T2 FSP. Spellbreakers, soulbeasts/druids and thieves are far more likely solo encounters and once you get to smallscale 2-5 peeps then its firebrands and scourges (because of course) often supported by one of the sustain roamers. Yes, that sometimes mean a mirage or a chrono but they are rare in comparison to base classes - most choose to bring another sustain so that their little group is near unkillable. Zerkers always die first (that means power shatter is a liability) and condi isnt effective for mesmer as its very easily countered (that means they rather bring a scourge).

But granted I suppose low tiers have more easy targets that cant deal woth mesmers.

I can talk on small scale 4-6 team. Its beyond op. Reason u dont see many of them is imo quite simple, it is a bit higher skill lvl to play this team prop, and general population of gw2 still dont know how to play mesmer.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Fighting in T1 EU at the moment as T2 FSP. Spellbreakers, soulbeasts/druids and thieves are far more likely solo encounters and once you get to smallscale 2-5 peeps then its firebrands and scourges (because of course) often supported by one of the sustain roamers. Yes, that sometimes mean a mirage or a chrono but they are rare in comparison to base classes - most choose to bring another sustain so that their little group is near unkillable. Zerkers always die first (that means power shatter is a liability) and condi isnt effective for mesmer as its very easily countered (that means they rather bring a scourge).

But granted I suppose low tiers have more easy targets that cant deal woth mesmers.

For group roaming I understand but mirage is sick 1v1... our t3 is also full of t1 guilds atm so tier is sort of irrelevant.

@kiranslee.4829 said:

I can talk on small scale 4-6 team. Its beyond op. Reason u dont see many of them is imo quite simple, it is a bit higher skill lvl to play this team prop, and general population of gw2 still dont know how to play mesmer.

In turn the general population of gw2 still don't know how to outplay or pressure mesmer in team fights either, which leads to the mass of hyperbole.

@"Blue.1207" said:I main mes. Both "meta builds" are still absurdly good. The recent nerf to Chronophantasma did relatively nothing in regards to the sheer damage and sustain that Chrono has. Condi/Power mirage is still beyond broken as they weren't even touched upon this patch.

Just out of interest, within a minute or less how much Block time, evade Time and whatever else that prevents damage does a meser have...I really dont have a clue as Im am a stubborn as a broom core warrior

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Also on Fsp myself. There is at least one good one in IKR on gandara. Also one on Augery Rock. I do not see them much solo indeed, but as a part of a small team.

I solo roam and mirages are still in quite vast majority regarding who I go up against. Prolly 50% of people I meet out there. Depends on the server... Mirages are followed by Soulbeasts and Spellbreakers, Scourges. Everything else is quite negligible. Holosmiths might deserve a mention as well...

All those classes can be dealt with tho spellbreakers are a tough nut (too tough) I still find Mirages the hardest to deal with. They have way too much shit going for them imho and if that weren't the case, I wouldn't see that many people flocking to it for easy kills...

@aspirine.6852 said:

Also on Fsp myself. There is at least one good one in IKR on gandara. Also one on Augery Rock. I do not see them much solo indeed, but as a part of a small team.

Well at least thats two accounted for then.

Archived