Soulbeast Auto Canceling

From all the testing I have done the bug seems to be PvE specific and triggered randomly while running targeting mobs ending combat entering combat I tested it in PvP ran around for 20 mins no cancel even when engaging the npcs in the mists still nothing ...ran around in LA in beast mode not a single cancel after looking at the ranger forums bugs specific to soulbeast this isn't something a lot of people are encountering so far no one but me has mentioned it yet via forum that iv witnessed... Idk maybe the bug is charr specific? not sure while I am understanding a lot of bugs are popping up and the devs are trying to get them all fixed naturally its going to take a min but id like to point out this is a very specific bug and considering the pre nerfs to soulbeast via GS maul among other things ...we still have this soulbeast fart cloud that we cant ditch ..no beastmode pet swap....Oh and yes rangers of all types still have to run across 5 large maps to find their new pets and if it wasn't for fellow rangers posting where these said pets are at most rangers would still be using HoT/core pet not to QQ to much here but it sure feels like Rangers in PvE no matter what spec are getting the short end of the stick here....Far as the bug goes I literally cannot be in combat or run in PvE zones for 5 mins in beastmode w/o it canceling it is happening that much and rather then me just continuing to get frustrated I am going to log off for a bit calm down then log on my scourge where I havnt encountered a single bug ..ironic though I bought PoF for soulbeast specifically not scourge or any other elite spec....Oh and PS to any forum warriors about to comment yes I'm tracking this is a long run on paragraph with very little grammar applied just incase that comes up instead of actual discussion regarding the bug should arise.

With some hours of testing this soulbeast canceling bug seems to be specific to non lv 80 zones for example I was in the crystal desert and bloodstone fen for quite a while not a single cancel I get done with bloodstone fen a full map rotation of events head to wayfarer foothills ...not 5 mins in combat it starts kicking me out of soulbeast kind of an odd bug but still would be nice to have it fixed

So yeah Anet what the fuck do I need to do here to get yals attention about this bug ...I waited a bit patiently to see if you would reply no reply I filed the same bug report in game still nothing granted there is a lot of bugs happening atm and yal are ignoring half of them and only focusing on the most complained bugs....I paid for your expansion just like everyone else this isn't some minor little bug that happens once every few days it is consistent thru out non 80 zones I am spending hours in 80 zones which are full of lag spikes no cancel on soulbeast yet I cant get in wayfarer foot hills for literally 5 mins of play time w/o it canceling So unless yal are gona send me back half the money for the expansion I paid for I expect yal atleast reply to the fucking thread....You sold this expansion to people with the implication that the shit would work somewhat and while it works in PvP which is a shit storm atm or lv 80 zones were are laggy as hell atm due to high ping spikes from your servers I try to avoid all of that by going to a lower level zone to grind some map bonus mats yet I cant seem to use the actual elite spec I paid for there...If yal need to log on my account and play it in these zones to witness the bug for your selves I'm all for that but something has to give here ..You wont reply to a thread regarding a severe class mechanic glitch but you are always there to reply to these plebs who are cheating your ATs every month ....is that what I need to do to get this bug even looked at? to even get this thread replied to? because the message your sending atm says "you got a bug? well unless your a ESL player that win trades account shares and who plays for other people for real money and on the first name basis with most of our Devs then we don't really give a shit ....If none of this is true then prove me wrong reply to the thread atleast look at the bug because everyone else is in 80 zones farming the new content atm Soon as soulbeasts go back to non 80s they will encounter it them selves then there will be 40 threads about the same bug yal could have just fixed ahead of time

Oh thank god I'm not the only one, and here I thought I was going crazy!

I spent the majority of this morning, then again this evening, trying to determine the cause of this. I've tried different specs, different pets, different mobs, different keybindings... I that I was having better luck preventing this if I removed all keybindings for it. What I did was unbind the key (F5), exited the game, logged back in, played for an hour without issue. The moment I rebound F5 (or any other key that I tried), it would start screwing up randomly again.

However, it's not 100%. I more or less tried to replicate that exactly, and within 30 seconds of being in Beastmode, it disbaled on it's own even though there were no keys bound to it. I do still think it's , just not 100%.

I also thought it had something to do with the buff from dagger @2 ability.... where it makes your pet's next 2 attacks infllict poison. What happens if you don't have a pet because you're in beastmode? It knocks you OUT of beastmode so your pet can attack. BUT... that was hit or miss too, so not the reason.

My point is, it's nearly impossible to play Soulbeast to even half it's potential if this keeps happening, and is IMO, game breaking for those experiencing it.

Even if this only happens while in Central Tyria, which DOES make up about half of the game (if not more).

The bug is notably specific to non lv 80 zones where is semi frustrating because all of the 80 maps are full of players especially the new content the lag is horrid ...the lag in HoT maps is still bad and sometimes one just wants to roam around and murder weak npcs but to go in a lowbie zone and have the issue consistently appear it is rather irritating ...more people will realize this bug is here and anet could have solved it prior to...iv tested it thru out several zones like frostgorge sound for instance an 80 zone in old tyria no cancel there but if I head over to fireheart rise itl happen not as often as if I was in a lower zone ...for some reason I have a retarded feeling it has something to do with level scaling the lower the level the more often it seems to happen if I go to ashford or wayfarer foot hills not 5 mins in it will be canceling but a lv 80 map meh nothing same for pvp or cities like LA ...we need to do something to get the devs attention on this though as I would be surprised if they have even looked at this thread ...Sadly we aren't ESL players or AT winners we don't get that top priority customer service that some people get...ironic considering I probably have $6k into this game over the years I played ...not even counting gw1 ...yet bug reports and stuff like that still feel like a f2p player who just freshly downloaded ...not to be cliché but ...NOTICE US SEMPAI devs restore our lost faith in your ability to fix some shit pls then ill go back to pve and complain about something else =)

Soulbeast Soulbeast: Fixed a bug that caused a ranger using the Beastmode skill to leave that mode when upleveling or downleveling due to zoning. Well then I guess I stand corrected Anet has come thru and fixed this irritating bug for that I Thank you and I shall cease being an asshole and return to my minor existence

Archived