How much range 1500 is? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How much range 1500 is?

Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 9, 2018 in WvW

So that dot uphill is the ranger shooting, i didnt die lucky he didnt had unblockables traited, but even when i step 300 ish back he still managed to hit.

Is that really 1500 range????

Comments

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018

Oh boy, fam. Here we go again.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018

@Aeolus.3615 said:

So that dot uphill is the ranger shooting, i didnt die lucky he didnt had unblockables traited, but even when i step 300 ish back he still managed to hit.

Is that really 1500 range????

Please read...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37327/longbow-is-not-1500-range

You also posted in that thread, so not sure why you didn’t follow it?

• Dralor.3701Dralor.3701 Member ✭✭✭

Last thread about this got closed so.....

• Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

rangers actually have about 2300 effective range if not more

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Projectile range can vary depending on variations in terrain and elevation.

Somewhere chasing bags....

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018

@Rezzet.3614 said:
    rangers actually have about 2300 effective range if not more

Tough actually it was arround 1800-2k at max, still cast damage o/w actualluy the fly time nor arc that arrow like gw1 had this thing is a bit broken, if felt more like a gun pointed at me than a longbow.
    Very poor code quality from Anet....

Anet needs to improve Lonbows like their range and arc plus animation of the arrow like gw1 had, even it is 2300 range, that would make class way much decent, also decrease lonbow damage at closer range and increase its damage at max range would be a nice change as well.
    I am actually asking for better game quality.

@X T D.6458 said:

Saddly hammer rev range it works the opositde sometimes says out fo range to targets arround 400-800 range?
    It happended 2 or 3 times having that message wiht targets on melee range :X~

EDit: i totally forgot about the other thread.
    Edit2: I dont mind the range, the mechanics itself just felt lazy coded when in that situation.

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@X T D.6458 said:

Beside that the auto attack stops at 1500 but when you do 1111 manually you can still hit further then 1500.

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• ChartFish.1308ChartFish.1308 Member ✭✭✭

@Aeolus.3615 said: also decrease lonbow damage at closer range and increase its damage at max range would be a nice change as well.

Longbow already does less damage the closer you are to your target. The further away you are the more damage you do.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.