Virtue of Resolve change

nativity.3057

The change nearly doubles the effectiveness of the healing power stat (0.75->1.4) in PvE and WvW.The current iteration of this skill was in PvP before, but it wasn't worth sacrificing power or ferocity for healing power.

But in WvW, since we have versatility in build and utility buffs, i was wondering if this change will bring healing power builds back?

Are you serious? WvW FB is Minstrels, which is all defense and healing power. .... and that was long before this change. VoR's healing is, by far, the least significant in Core Guard..... which are already the 3 least useful profession skills in the game due to their massive cool downs and marginal effects. Its losing to Ranger's F1 and F3.

This alone would do NOTHING to influence its use, as we're talking about 3000HP (at 1000 Healing power) on a 30 second cool down, with no way to refresh it conditionally like the other 2, or having to use "Renewed Focus". 3k HP doesn't matter in PvE, since you can control a fight, or rely on the much stronger healing skills. 3k HP doesn't matter in WvW, because anything that can damage through Tou/Vit heavy gear like that means it can scoff at 3k with just the lingering effects of the main bomb. It only matters in PvP, because damage output is limited, and pressure can be maintained.

So I imagine the only reason this was unsplit, was to make maintaining it easier.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:Are you serious? WvW FB is Minstrels, which is all defense and healing power. .... and that was long before this change. VoR's healing is, by far, the least significant in Core Guard..... which are already the 3 least useful profession skills in the game due to their massive cool downs and marginal effects. Its losing to Ranger's F1 and F3.

This alone would do NOTHING to influence its use, as we're talking about 3000HP (at 1000 Healing power) on a 30 second cool down, with no way to refresh it conditionally like the other 2, or having to use "Renewed Focus". 3k HP doesn't matter in PvE, since you can control a fight, or rely on the much stronger healing skills. 3k HP doesn't matter in WvW, because anything that can damage through Tou/Vit heavy gear like that means it can scoff at 3k with just the lingering effects of the main bomb. It only matters in PvP, because damage output is limited, and pressure can be maintained.

So I imagine the only reason this was unsplit, was to make maintaining it easier.

?

Since when ? Last I played it was all about burning + a bit of healing and medium sustain. Though I do suppose that is subject to your guild meta and how your spec fits with rest of your group.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:Are you serious? WvW FB is Minstrels, which is all defense and healing power. .... and that was long before this change. VoR's healing is, by far, the least significant in Core Guard..... which are already the 3 least useful profession skills in the game due to their massive cool downs and marginal effects. Its losing to Ranger's F1 and F3.

I was mainly talking about core guardian.Virtue of Resolve is not that bad, especially when traited. It gives additional condi cleanse (the wording is weird where it says it will take 3 conditions off nearby allies, but that seems to work for the player as well, so you get to cleanse 5 conditions)Medi core guards have multiple condition cleanses (heal trait, smite, CoP, VoR). Guards are probably the best heavy class to fight condition classes (rev is a joke, warrior is better vs power builds). The main gripe of mine was that VoR was basically used as a condition cleanse, as the base healing is unremarkable.

I've been on the Triumphant Armor track to try and theorycraft a possible power healing build, since I usually roam on core guard.Looking at the possible stats, Crusader seems to be the best choice. If Zealots gave ferocity instead of precision, that would probably be the most optimal.Clerics might be good too, but I rather have more vitality than toughness.

Archived