New aquabreather skin looks a little off

First thing I did was preview this on my Asura characters. I instantly knew that in its current state, I don't need/want this skin - none of my Asura manage to have their heads entirely inside the bubble. I'm afraid to see what it looks like on my Charr characters...

Hopefully this will be adjusted at some point (soon?)...

I don't think it is necessary to have your entire head inside. Your character breaths with its mouth and nose, not with the whole head. As long as nose and mouth are inside the bubble, it makes sense. It's not a helmet, but a sphere of breath air (You'll see something similar when RL divers exhale underwater).Personally, I don't like the skin, but I don't find it off at all.

@Ardid.7203 said:I don't think it is necessary to have your entire head inside. Your character breaths with its mouth and nose, not with the whole head. As long as nose and mouth are inside the bubble, it makes sense. It's not a helmet, but a sphere of breath air (You'll see something similar when RL divers exhale underwater).Personally, I don't like the skin, but I don't find it off at all.

Yeah, but at the same time my ears and hair poking through the bubble would ruin its surface tension and cause it to burst. I know the bubble isn't real and is probably magical so this probably wouldn't burst it, but still.

As for when underwater, I will investigate.

Okay so for some reason the game isn't showing me the underwater pose when previewing underwater skins anymore. I tried all the different underwater weapons, I tried putting my character physically underwater before attempting to preview. Nothing is working. Other people in my guild are giving mixed responses, some are also getting their character just standing like on land, others are saying they are getting the underwater pose. So it seems I am unable to get a preview of it with the underwarer pose :(

I'm doing the achievement only. I feel like if I were to get the diving soap bubble breather mask thingny I should put a PG 6 sticker on it because it looks so ridiculous.Anet, must everything you create look like kindergarten stuff? I mean couldn't it look like an early 20th century diving helmet or something after all this time on an under the sea update we get a Fisher Price pre school soap bubble. Maybe some racial design like an Asuran, Human, Charr, Norn, or even a Sylvari veggy helmet.
Oh and where is my diving outfit this armor is getting rusty and I want a salmon sandwich before I go diving. :o

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:I'm doing the achievement only. I feel like if I were to get the diving soap bubble breather mask thingny I should put a PG 6 sticker on it because it looks so ridiculous.Anet, must everything you create look like kindergarten stuff? I mean couldn't it look like an early 20th century diving helmet or something after all this time on an under the sea update we get a Fisher Price pre school soap bubble. Maybe some racial design like an Asuran, Human, Charr, Norn, or even a Sylvari veggy helmet.

Oh and where is my diving outfit this armor is getting rusty and I want a salmon sandwich before I go diving. :o

I think the gas mask skin would make a really cool aquabreather

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:I don't think it is necessary to have your entire head inside. Your character breaths with its mouth and nose, not with the whole head. As long as nose and mouth are inside the bubble, it makes sense. It's not a helmet, but a sphere of breath air (You'll see something similar when RL divers exhale underwater).Personally, I don't like the skin, but I don't find it off at all.

Yeah, but at the same time my ears and hair poking through the bubble would ruin its surface tension and cause it to burst. I know the bubble isn't real and is probably magical so this probably wouldn't burst it, but still.

It should burst in air, but not underwater...

@Ardid.7203 said:

... you can actually poke through a bubble without popping it, anyway.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

It all depends on what the bubble is made of, and I did already say that this bubble probably wouldn't pop logically thinking. But my brain still goes "no! bubble will pop!" because thoughts are not always rational.

It still feels weird to have the bubble be so off-center and having my hair and ears popping out (wouldn't that let water wick up into my ears or something? I don't know, but my ears will be cold and wet)

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

It all depends on what the bubble is made of, and I did already say that this bubble probably wouldn't pop logically thinking. But my brain still goes "no! bubble will pop!" because thoughts are not always rational.

It still feels weird to have the bubble be so off-center and having my hair and ears popping out (wouldn't that let water wick up into my ears or something? I don't know, but my ears will be cold and wet)

Yes, your ears would be indeed deeply wet.

Agree with mewcifer, not enough variety for aquabreather, we should have more of them (common, rare, masterpiece, exotics, no more ascended.) Indeed the gaz mask is how a water breather should work. But why haven't we racial aquabreather?

Archived