a new skin in a lootbox

Excuse me, but I have to get rid of it.That you now put a new mountskin into the BLC may seem very customer-friendly at first glance. At second glance, however, it becomes clear that this is only intended to create more incentives to participate in this gambling system.

In view of the whole lootbox debate at other games this has a very bland aftertaste.

But what remains for me as a responsible consumer, not to take part in it, then that's the way it is.

@Silver.2076 said:Excuse me, but I have to get rid of it.That you now put a new mountskin into the BLC may seem very customer-friendly at first glance. At second glance, however, it becomes clear that this is only intended to create more incentives to participate in this gambling system.

In view of the whole lootbox debate at other games this has a very bland aftertaste.

But what remains for me as a responsible consumer, not to take part in it, then that's the way it is.

You can buy it straight up for gems, and always remember you can buy gems for in game gold, and remember you can earn keys in game, reliably even if you have a spare character slot or haven't done all the story.

I'm ok with this because if we don't want to gamble we have the option to buy it out-right. It's an acceptable compromise IMO, especially since it's possible to earn some keys free in-game so if you're extremely lucky it's possible to get the skin for free too.

It's a vast improvement over the items which are only in Black Lion Chests, and account bound so even if you know someone with one they don't want and you're willing to pay for it you can't. As Illconceived said those usually become available another way eventually, but it can be a long wait. I think it took 5 years for mini Inifinarium and Festive Golem to be available outside of RNG boxes.

I see it that way - I'd never buy this fox skin directly but I occasionally hoard and open some keys. If I get it for free, that's nice bonus for me, if I don't that's okay aswell because I don't want it anyway.

Also, BLC as a concept is to exploit gambling mechanics on customers so I don't know why it's surprising for you this time. It's like this for a long time.

Archived