There's gotta be a better way to get those new breathers...

I was really excited about this new update, and even though some of the changes are indeed satisfactory(the Revenant class can now use a trident), I can't help but groan at this new currency and the new method of obtaining them.

Those bubble breathers look pretty sweet in my book, but after doing the math... it seems like it's going to take a player nearly five months just to collect enough currency from the daily. Or over 500 gold to get it via the Trading Post. I don't think this is okay; especially when there's only a small chance of dropping these keys from enemies. I mean, five months... really? Couldn't you think of a quicker and more entertaining way to give players access to these new items without having them wait an absurd amount of time, or even, sink their wallets in just like everything else at this point? Getting gold is troublesome as it is already. And it doesn't help that you can craft and get an ascended breather with berries, which is a lot faster and cheaper.

More like three months, right? I'm guessing the next LW season will include at least a modicum of new underwater content, perhaps to test the waters for more of it in the next expat. The bubble grind is probably timed for this. But who knows. Happy swimming!

@Goettel.4389 said:More like three months, right? I'm guessing the next LW season will include at least a modicum of new underwater content, perhaps to test the waters for more of it in the next expat. The bubble grind is probably timed for this. But who knows. Happy swimming!

512 infusions, according to the Wiki. If you don't get any dropped keys, that's one chest per day (Krait hunting FTW!) plus the one free one, and a claimed rate of 0-4 infusions per chest. (I've had 2, 2, 3 so far...). That makes 255 days if you get no dropped keys, which is about eight and a half months. Guess I'm going back to Sandswept to harvest drakes and sharks and moas and stuff (combine Volatile Magic and Ornate Rusted Key farming).

The best case is 10 chests per day at 4 infusions each ==> 40 per day ==> 13 days.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Goettel.4389" said:More like three months, right? I'm guessing the next LW season will include at least a modicum of new underwater content, perhaps to test the waters for more of it in the next expat. The bubble grind is probably timed for this. But who knows. Happy swimming!

512 infusions, according to the Wiki. If you don't get any dropped keys, that's one chest per day (Krait hunting FTW!) plus the one free one, and a claimed rate of 0-4 infusions per chest. (I've had 2, 2, 3 so far...). That makes 255 days if you get no dropped keys, which is about eight and a half months. Guess I'm going back to Sandswept to harvest drakes and sharks and moas and stuff (combine Volatile Magic and Ornate Rusted Key farming).

The best case is 10 chests per day at 4 infusions each ==> 40 per day ==> 13 days.

no the best case is to get it directly from the chest

npmitRM.jpg

sry only have the screen in german

@Bollocks.4078 said:

How exactly are you going to get 10 keys per day consistently? As I understand it the drop rate from mobs is too low to be remotely reliable for that.

I didn't say it was achievable. (I've had none so far myself.) It's the mathematical limit case. (Partly because getting four dooblyflops on every chest for 128 chests straight isn't going to happen either.)

I've had up to 6 underwater speed infusions from a single chest, so try from 1 - 6(potentially more I presume and I don't think there's a chance of getting zero [0], though that would be like ArenaNet, I'm going to guess this time they're being a little smarter than that).

@Zaklex.6308 said:I've had up to 6 underwater speed infusions from a single chest, so try from 1 - 6(potentially more I presume and I don't think there's a chance of getting zero [0], though that would be like ArenaNet, I'm going to guess this time they're being a little smarter than that).

Don't forget you can (a) farm keys as random drops, not just the daily, and (b) get 5 more infusions from completing the full set of 10 chests.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:I've had up to 6 underwater speed infusions from a single chest, so try from 1 - 6(potentially more I presume and I don't think there's a chance of getting zero [0], though that would be like ArenaNet, I'm going to guess this time they're being a little smarter than that).

Don't forget you can (a) farm keys as random drops, not just the daily, and (b) get 5 more infusions from completing the full set of 10 chests.

The chances of dropping keys are pretty, pretty low... and I doubt anyone would be willing to spend hours killing stuff just for the sake of getting a key

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

The chances of dropping keys are pretty, pretty low... and I doubt anyone would be willing to spend hours killing stuff just for the sake of getting a key

Seems like folk are already doing it or afk-ish farming the veteran krait that spawn from the chest since there is so much activity around the chests they are spawning pretty consistently and in multiples. I have tried killing mobs on my regular map rewards routes and have not heard anyone say they got a random key drop from that or working the veteran krait spawns. I suspect it is very rare and do not plan to go out of my way just to try to farm for the key. If it drops on my regular map rewards event route then I will consider myself lucky.....

@Riesty.9075 said:

@"Goettel.4389" said:More like three months, right? I'm guessing the next LW season will include at least a modicum of new underwater content, perhaps to test the waters for more of it in the next expat. The bubble grind is probably timed for this. But who knows. Happy swimming!

no the best case is to get it directly from the chest

npmitRM.jpg

sry only have the screen in german

Wow. That's awesome.

@Aerinndis.2730 said:

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

Seems like folk are already doing it or afk-ish farming the veteran krait that spawn from the chest since there is so much activity around the chests they are spawning pretty consistently and in multiples.

Well . . . that explains the behavior I saw yesterday. This asura swam in place, but continually shot at anything that spawned nearby even if it was out of range. But he instantly switched to whatever mob spawned closest . . . which eventually was always the vet near the treasure chest.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@"RandomWolf.3986" said:

Seems like folk are already doing it or afk-ish farming the veteran krait that spawn from the chest since there is so much activity around the chests they are spawning pretty consistently and in multiples.

Well . . . that explains the behavior I saw yesterday.

Yeah, you are way underestimating how much boredom a lot of players will go through in order to either obtain the shiny sooner, or obtain the gold they can get from selling early access to the shiny.

Personally, I'm doing the fast daily bits, then selling on my infusions to others for 1.5 gold or so. In a couple weeks, when the price drops way down low, I'll buy enough to do whatever I want and have made a pleasant profit from my willingness to wait two to four weeks to wear a shiny bubble. :)

Archived