Xera Bug Fixed

Sadly this mean no more spamming the glider skin animation and other fun activity as a way to pass the time while waiting for the group to ready up. This was the primary use that I had with the jet pack, to the point where I bought glider skins for this very purpose.

@reapex.8546 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Lol I love this. You really can see how bad some raiders are without this. Ty anet. Now if only taco could be banned.

What's wrong with taco?

It makes players lazy and not really learn the mechanics. Very annoying, for example, when you hear someone in a exp group say I can't do cannon because my taco doesnt work. Your not exp if that's your excuse

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Lol I love this. You really can see how bad some raiders are without this. Ty anet. Now if only taco could be banned.

What's wrong with taco?

It makes players lazy and not really learn the mechanics. Very annoying, for example, when you hear someone in a exp group say I can't do cannon because my taco doesnt work. Your not exp if that's your excuse

That's odd, I mean some people just use their phone and set a timer. Or just write down the times on a sheet paper. Imo, memorization does not make someone a real "raider." Not everyone's memory works will with memorizing times. Some people, would rather memorize more important things in real life. So, if Taco gets banned. Then writing notes down on paper, using custom alarms on your phones, and using timers on websites should also be banned. So, imo, Taco is fine.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

What's wrong with taco?

I actually got yelled at once before when I asked the commander to put down the Squad Markers for Sabetha. They told me I should just install Taco. I learned how to Sabetha with Arrow South, Circle West, Heart North, and Square East. If that's the arrangement of markers, I can muscle-memory the entire encounter.

In relation to the Xera bug fix, I am laughing my tail off right now. A Xera group I was with a couple weeks ago said that ANet would never get around to fixing the bug, yet here we are. I honestly never thought they'd do it, either!

@Belorn.2659 said:Sadly this mean no more spamming the glider skin animation and other fun activity as a way to pass the time while waiting for the group to ready up. This was the primary use that I had with the jet pack, to the point where I bought glider skins for this very purpose.

Wish the jetpack had a glider option.

@TarkaTarquol.4856 said:

What's wrong with taco?

I actually got yelled at once before when I asked the commander to put down the Squad Markers for Sabetha. They told me I should just install Taco. I learned how to Sabetha with Arrow South, Circle West, Heart North, and Square East. If that's the arrangement of markers, I can muscle-memory the entire encounter.

In relation to the Xera bug fix, I am laughing my tail off right now. A Xera group I was with a couple weeks ago said that ANet would never get around to fixing the bug, yet here we are. I honestly never thought they'd do it, either!

I think a commander told me that once, when I was new. I told them I'm not installing any 3rd party programs on my computer for GW2 (Taco, wasn't officially announced as being legal back then). I don't remember what happened afterwards, except that we did cannons and someone may have done callouts.

I agree, Taco needs to be banned

@Raizel.8175 said:

What's wrong with taco?

Probably because it makes Sabetha reasonably easier, I guess. Not like that's necessarily a bad thing though.Anything that makes the already easy raids easier is bad, especially if it is a straight up 3rd party cheat app.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

I agree, Taco needs to be banned

What's wrong with taco?

Probably because it makes Sabetha reasonably easier, I guess. Not like that's necessarily a bad thing though.Anything that makes the already easy raids easier is bad, especially if it is a straight up 3rd party cheat app.

LOL, as if using Taco can be considered cheating. I know a lot of people that still cannot react properly to the writing of the geographic directions in Taco because the function of the mini map in GW2 is horrible & terrible and bs together. They still need markers for it and a hint via voice from the commander/a caller. The fact that this mini map issue is present has nothing to do with skill or not. It's completely counterintuitive otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. It's not that ppl can't learn "South - West - North - East - South - North - .... " by heart.Even Dhuum greens are easier to overcome with already alone due to the common tanking pattern.

Some people rly like too exaggerate too much. Holy moly...In terms of fixing the Xera bug I'm fine with it. I was too "unskilled" to use it. Gliding is endgame, you know? :)

@"Vinceman.4572" said:

I know a lot of people that still cannot react properly to the writing of the geographic directions in Taco because the function of the mini map in GW2 is horrible & terrible and bs together. They still need markers for it and a hint via voice from the commander/a caller. The fact that this mini map issue is present has nothing to do with skill or not. It's completely counterintuitive otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. It's not that ppl can't learn "South - West - North - East - South - North - .... " by heart.

Well if your using it correctly, Taco also puts a letter N over the north platform, S over the south, etc. You can do all of sabetha without any minimap at all if you use all of taco's features.

But I think what should be pointed out is not the minimap functionality, but the fact that the encounter doesn't really give you an on screen indicator of which cannon is about to start firing. It requires the player to play the UI (look for swords icon on minimap) rather than the actual encounter. I personally would have preferred something like a random cannon pattern with a visual indicator.

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:Lol I love this. You really can see how bad some raiders are without this. Ty anet. Now if only taco could be banned.

Should we ban youtube too:

A boss with fixed timers is like asking for trouble.I've never used taco, how many other bosses become easier with it?

@thrag.9740 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:

I know a lot of people that still cannot react properly to the writing of the geographic directions in Taco because the function of the mini map in GW2 is horrible & terrible and bs together. They still need markers for it and a hint via voice from the commander/a caller. The fact that this mini map issue is present has nothing to do with skill or not. It's completely counterintuitive otherwise it wouldn't be a thing. It's not that ppl can't learn "South - West - North - East - South - North - .... " by heart.

Well if your using it correctly, Taco also puts a letter N over the north platform, S over the south, etc. You can do all of sabetha without any minimap at all if you use all of taco's features.

But I think what should be pointed out is not the minimap functionality, but the fact that the encounter doesn't really give you an on screen indicator of which cannon is about to start firing. It requires the player to play the UI (look for swords icon on minimap) rather than the actual encounter. I personally would have preferred something like a random cannon pattern with a visual indicator.

I agree 100% and yes, I forgot about the letter on the platform, my bad (although even with that people still struggle).

@"maddoctor.2738" said:

Should we ban youtube too:

A boss with fixed timers is like asking for trouble.I've never used taco, how many other bosses become easier with it?

None.TacO puts markers on the updrafts at Gorseval (numerically, 1-4), mushrooms at Slothasor (same deal), wells at Matthias AND tries to provide a countdown for Corruption which only works if Matthias feels like being predictable and if you are not standing inside his arena beforehand (because it is just an overlay), puts numbers on the three circles for KC and on the platforms at Xera, specifically the rifts on the first set. Note that all of these things are visible even without TacO.

In short, the only Boss where TacO does anything remotely useful in raids is Sabetha and even there - and all the other encounter the overlay puts markers down for - it only works thanks to the fixed pattern of the cannons which can be dealt with in other ways, too. Like the youtube link you posted or writing it down locally or having a player announce it etc.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Our commander also puts markers on Sloth's shrooms. Banable offense, I guess?Squad markers are an ingame tool provided by Anet. Seems to be silly to compare it to Taco.

The end result is the same though. You see locations in-game marked. What difference does it make which tool you used for it?I'm not advocating the use of taco (although I'm fairly certain ANet are OK with this specific add-on), I'm just pointing out a weak argument. You may have noticed I like to do this.

The difference is that it is done by an ingame tool provided by Anet and that it has to be manually redone every time you do the encounter.It is like the SAB or adventure taco routes. You could follow a friend or watch a video about it. But that requires much more effort than just following optimal lines the addon draws directly into your game.I am aware that Anet said the addon is ok, does not mean I have to like that decision. Anet always does a lot of decisions that are very questionable and probably have their roots in barely playing their own game.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Our commander also puts markers on Sloth's shrooms. Banable offense, I guess?Squad markers are an ingame tool provided by Anet. Seems to be silly to compare it to Taco.

The end result is the same though. You see locations in-game marked. What difference does it make which tool you used for it?I'm not advocating the use of taco (although I'm fairly certain ANet are OK with this specific add-on), I'm just pointing out a weak argument. You may have noticed I like to do this.

Anet is 100% okay with Taco.

@Feanor.2358 said:

You chose the wrong profession.

Can we please have a mod lock this thread? It has gone waaaay off topic.

OP has shared a bit of information from the last patch notes, which says that gliding bug on Xera has been fixed. I hope it has been noted by everyone, if you guys wanna discuss taco and other completely irrelevant shit please open up a separate thread with appropriate title.

@Malediktus.9250 said:The difference is that it is done by an ingame tool provided by Anet and that it has to be manually redone every time you do the encounter.It is like the SAB or adventure taco routes. You could follow a friend or watch a video about it. But that requires much more effort than just following optimal lines the addon draws directly into your game.I am aware that Anet said the addon is ok, does not mean I have to like that decision. Anet always does a lot of decisions that are very questionable and probably have their roots in barely playing their own game.

The difference is the mean in which it is done and how convenient it is. Good thing that game developers usually care more about results and the effect on the game.

Archived