Is there any point to roam on anything but a chrono or mirage (mostly mirage) anymore?

Atticus.7194

After spellbreaker nerf I noticed a massive lack of sustain anymore so need to switch characters (again) so was wondering if there was any reason to try anything but a mesmer right now for primarily roaming. From everything I've seen they're miles and miles ahead of every other class in terms of damage (both power burst and condi sustain) survivability, mobility and access to "oh crap" buttons, so I'm wondering for someone who kinda hates groupthink zergs, why play anything else? I'm clearly not the only one who thinks so since they are EVERYWHERE now.

They're clearly not getting nerfed anytime in the foreseeable future too which is nice, so just wondering if there is any major pros for any other classes atm? Not super attached to any particular playstyle so that's not an issue and just looking for a couple opinions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... I roam on weaver with marshals stats and sword dagger. I win some and lose some. Mirage played well, will beat me. Mirage played average or poorly, won't.

Same with thief.

Now soulbeasts and druids, I struggle with which is combined LTP and their strengths added to weaver weaknesses.

Core warrior presents more Problems to me than Spellbreaker.

If you want to win most engaged and you get good with it, then mirage/chrono. But it is not played 'well' often.

It seems easy mode.....,

(Edit: but it's not)

Its been like 24h since the patch, saying they are EVERYWHERE now could equal to one mesmer just really liking the border you normally play on.

Otherwise I could also say that I have seen spellbreakers literally EVERYWHERE since the patch, because I still see them all the time.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Its been like 24h since the patch, saying they are EVERYWHERE now could equal to one mesmer just really liking the border you normally play on.

Otherwise I could also say that I have seen spellbreakers literally EVERYWHERE since the patch, because I still see them all the time.

Oh mirages and chronos have been everywhere for months, ever since a couple patches ago people were doing 25k burst from stealth and condi mirage got it's huge buff. It just always sounded like everyone was thinking "oh jeez this is really out of control, this next patch will be the one this is fixed" and mesmers would be nerfed. However the "nerfs" turned out to be buffs so now mesmers have proliferated as clearly Anet either has no idea how to fix them or doesn't want to which is a very appealing prospect to most players.

And yea, I dunno as much as I'd like to argue with points about warriors sustain without people having experienced the before and after they wont get it. Spellbreakers just feel super unsatisfying, there's so much struggle to do any damage and it's generally way lower than what other classes could easily output so the last thing we had was sustain, we'd win the battle of attrition but now it feels like that's barely possible. When you see a crit pop up on your Arc Divider and its 4k and you consider that pretty good then get hit by 20k mes burst it makes you realize "good" is relative.

People won't believe me but yea, feels bad man. Anyway, making a condi mirage and just goofing around the constant evade and dodge and stuff is kinda fun so just going to go with that.

@Atticus.7194 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Its been like 24h since the patch, saying they are EVERYWHERE now could equal to one mesmer just really liking the border you normally play on.

Oh mirages and chronos have been everywhere for months, ever since a couple patches ago people were doing 25k burst from stealth and condi mirage got it's huge huge buff back. It's just the main thing is everyone kept thinking "oh jeez this is really out of control, this next patch will be the one this is fixed" and it turned out the "nerfs" were buffs so now they've proliferated as unnerfable as clearly Anet either has no idea how to fix them or doesn't want to, either way mes get to keep enjoying being on top.

And yea, I dunno as much as I'd like to argue with points about warriors sustain without people having experienced the before and after they wont get it. Spellbreakers just feel super unsatisfying, there's so much struggle to do any damage and it's generally way lower than what other classes could easily output so the last thing we had was sustain, we'd win the battle of attrition but now it feels like that's barely possible.

People won't believe me but yea, feels bad man. Anyway, making a condi mirage and just goofing around the constant evade and dodge and stuff is kinda fun so just going to go with that.

And yet in 1 hour of constantly fighting rank #1 EU server on their home border, them having a zerg smaller than us ours that we couldnt beat and 20+ of their decent enough gankers circling them which
should
be filled with meta mesmers on all sides... I met one other enemy mesmer. No seriously,
one
. On our side we had... two I think? One ran with the zerg and I was roaming nearby on my own mirage trying to take out previously metnioned gankers. Which consisted pretty much of only thieves, warriors, engies and rangers, sprinkled with a few dps scourges. Thieves in particular where out in force.

But granted, someone did whisper me and complained about meta mesmers being strong and its like fighting 1v10 (I dont run a meta mesmer, I run a bruiser hybrid). So yeah there's that, I guess. Proof mesmers are everywhere and OP ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@"ZNICK.8537" said:I like a Druid roaming too... played well it can be tough to beat.

Z

They gutted Druid personal sustain yesterday and the damage on Druid has been subpar for a long time. You won't find anymore Druids with the ability to heal themselves significantly whilst also being an actual threat. And even with the outgoing healing buff, they're still #3 or #4 in terms of group support.Get used to seeing more Soulbeasts. All of those potential stacked damage multipliers (with the most recent addition of Loud Whistle) make them an actual threat, rather than just an annoyance. (Though they'll still get blown up.)I think I know which expansion Anet wants rangers to play right now.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@"ZNICK.8537" said:I like a Druid roaming too... played well it can be tough to beat.

Z

They gutted Druid
yesterday and the damage on Druid has been subpar for a long time. You won't find anymore Druids with the ability to heal themselves significantly whilst also being an actual threat. And even with the outgoing healing buff, they're still #3 or #4 in terms of group support.Get used to seeing more Soulbeasts. All of those potential stacked damage multipliers (with the most recent addition of Loud Whistle) make them an actual threat, rather than just an annoyance. (Though they'll still get blown up.)I think I know which expansion Anet wants rangers to play right now.

~ Kovu

I have seen more soulbeasts the last couple of days yes, then again yesterday I also saw a pretty much unkillable druid that we tried to bring down 3v1 but nope, heals all day long, stealth and pop back up far beyond range to catch him even as a mirage. So meh. Hasnt really changed much.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Z

They gutted Druid
yesterday and the damage on Druid has been subpar for a long time. You won't find anymore Druids with the ability to heal themselves significantly whilst also being an actual threat. And even with the outgoing healing buff, they're still #3 or #4 in terms of group support.Get used to seeing more Soulbeasts. All of those potential stacked damage multipliers (with the most recent addition of Loud Whistle) make them an actual threat, rather than just an annoyance. (Though they'll still get blown up.)I think I know which expansion Anet wants rangers to play right now.

~ Kovu

I have seen more soulbeasts the last couple of days yes, then again yesterday I also saw a pretty much unkillable druid that we tried to bring down 3v1 but nope, heals all day long, stealth and pop back up far beyond range to catch him even as a mirage. So meh. Hasnt really changed much.

Yeah the changes to druid hasn't really touched that build at all lol.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Its been like 24h since the patch, saying they are EVERYWHERE now could equal to one mesmer just really liking the border you normally play on.

Oh mirages and chronos have been everywhere for months, ever since a couple patches ago people were doing 25k burst from stealth and condi mirage got it's huge huge buff back. It's just the main thing is everyone kept thinking "oh jeez this is really out of control, this next patch will be the one this is fixed" and it turned out the "nerfs" were buffs so now they've proliferated as unnerfable as clearly Anet either has no idea how to fix them or doesn't want to, either way mes get to keep enjoying being on top.

And yea, I dunno as much as I'd like to argue with points about warriors sustain without people having experienced the before and after they wont get it. Spellbreakers just feel super unsatisfying, there's so much struggle to do any damage and it's generally way lower than what other classes could easily output so the last thing we had was sustain, we'd win the battle of attrition but now it feels like that's barely possible.

And yet in 1 hour of constantly fighting rank #1 EU server on their home border, them having a zerg smaller than us ours that we couldnt beat and 20+ of their decent enough gankers circling them which
should
be filled with meta mesmers on all sides... I met one other enemy mesmer. No seriously,
one
. On our side we had... two I think? One ran with the zerg and I was roaming nearby on my own mirage trying to take out previously metnioned gankers. Which consisted pretty much of only thieves, warriors, engies and rangers, sprinkled with a few dps scourges. Thieves in particular where out in force.

But granted, someone did whisper me and complained about meta mesmers being strong and its like fighting 1v10 (I dont run a meta mesmer, I run a bruiser hybrid). So yeah there's that, I guess. Proof mesmers are everywhere and OP ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much my experience over the last few months too, I see far more warriors and engineers than mesmers and the mesmers I see are mostly playing it because it’s face roll till I roll their face in the dirt for the evening and I rarely see them after that. I see way more small groups of scourges and firebrands too.

when i roam, and want it not that challenging, just ez ... i pick mirage / chrono / daredevil ... burst, mobility, stealth... top combo.Otherwise... power soulbeast, core war, power DH, holo, druid, sword weaver , rev ...Also i have a lot of strange builds... as a stealth staff trap condi heal druid, hybrid griev reaper, zealot / griev core medi guard and other experiments i enjoy playing coz ppl dont met that much... and dont know what exactly to do :)

I dont see any changes (so far, its still early) in the # of mirages in WvW. Still see some with the odd condi one. Since patch, I still saw lots of Spellbreakers/Core war (and 1 condi berzerker). A slight increase in Deadeye and an increase in soulbeasts and firebrands (mainly those tanky you-need-2-or-more-to-take-down). Scourges are still cancer yet ive seen more reapers (which is refreshing) and an actual somewhat skilled rev.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Zero.3871" said:hmm, full berserker warriors are still able to outsustain an infinity number of enemies longer than any other class on bunker build. so sustain on warrior still OP.

ppl who say this never played warrior longer than 1h and met other roamer that know what they are doing

False: I used to play warrior (for def more than 1 hr) and can still say this. Using a term like "and know what they are doing" could be used in any scenario, anywhere, anytime, thus invalidating the use of the term in any counter argument you will receive.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Its been like 24h since the patch, saying they are EVERYWHERE now could equal to one mesmer just really liking the border you normally play on.

should
one

Pretty much my experience over the last few months too, I see far more warriors and engineers than mesmers and the mesmers I see are mostly playing it because it’s face roll till I roll their face in the dirt for the evening and I rarely see them after that. I see way more small groups of scourges and firebrands too.

The small 3-5 man groups are basicly mini zerg meta, yes... and they wont bring a mesmer cause your average mesmer with damage is a liability (focus the dps) and your average mesmer as a bunker isnt as easy as scourge or firebrand to support with. Which means they bring something they can support instead, more often than not melee spellbreakers or melee holos, both on heavy cc builds. And then they just stack cause squishy dps wont take them down, only other sustain.

The only mesmers you will see are - incidently - the ones that are so good their group cant really complain about it.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Zero.3871" said:hmm, full berserker warriors are still able to outsustain an infinity number of enemies longer than any other class on bunker build. so sustain on warrior still OP.

ppl who say this never played warrior longer than 1h and met other roamer that know what they are doing

False: I used to play warrior (for def more than 1 hr) and can still say this. Using a term like "and know what they are doing" could be used in any scenario, anywhere, anytime, thus invalidating the use of the term in any counter argument you will receive.

In this case it speaks to players who are unaware of the last two months of substantial nerfs. At one point I would have agreed that spellbreaker's sustain was a little out of control but no longer.

And yea guess I'm just unlucky cause even last night it was mostly mirages with almost as many scourges and a fair amount of thieves and soulbeasts mostly roaming.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Z

They gutted Druid

~ Kovu

Yeah, I'm sure that Druid was killing lots of people on a healing build with his staff.3v1? Get good. Or find better allies.

~ Kovu

edit- Full healy roamer druid is right up there with minstrels thief. Ignore, move on.

@Kovu.7560 said:

Z

They gutted Druid

~ Kovu

Yeah, I'm sure that Druid was killing
lots
of people on a healing build with his staff.3v1? Get good. Or find better allies.

~ Kovu

edit- Full healy roamer druid is right up there with minstrels thief. Ignore, move on.

Get good or ignore? Make up your mind.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

with ppl "that know what they are doing" i mean dedicated roamer that have some sort of burst, warrior just gets sustain if he hits f1 bursts, which are easy to dodge, the healing was just nerfed in the recent patch, 3 ppl shouls EASILY have enough dmg to counter even full stacked adrenal health, if you dont have the damage with 3 ppl that he regens more than you do, you are beyond trash, sorry but 3 ppl hitting a single target and still doing not enough must be fuckin bad at the game

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Z

They gutted Druid

~ Kovu

Yeah, I'm sure that Druid was killing
lots
of people on a healing build with his staff.3v1? Get good. Or find better allies.

~ Kovu

Get good or ignore? Make up your mind.

With two other people? Get good.By yourself? Ignore.

~ Kovu

Archived