Griffon Mount

Moonlit.6421

On my way to that. I had disconnection issues last night, so I was waiting til they were sorted out, and then I had DnD today. It's so beautiful though. It looks like its special ability is little mini updrafts. So it's not true flight as it appears you can't really go up so much as stay level/slow your descent.

@Skuzz.6580 said:

@Sardeth Wynn.9548 said:I really wish I started in the Uplands because then I wouldn't have spent (IE: Wasted) as much gold on this. The one at Godfall I just can't get it and tired of face sliding down the pillar.

Use a Springer with #3 mastery??

That worked, but still all this gold for something that probably can't use updrafts in HoT, I mean probably makes traveling a little easier in POF areas, just a little disappointed and irritated about the cost. Feels like Guildwars is kind of telling casual players, buy Gems and Convert if you want it. If that was the case why not put into BL Store.

@Sardeth Wynn.9548 said:

@Skuzz.6580 said:

@Sardeth Wynn.9548 said:I really wish I started in the Uplands because then I wouldn't have spent (IE: Wasted) as much gold on this. The one at Godfall I just can't get it and tired of face sliding down the pillar.

Use a Springer with #3 mastery??

That worked, but still all this gold for something that probably can't use updrafts in HoT, I mean probably makes traveling a little easier in POF areas, just a little disappointed and irritated about the cost. Feels like Guildwars is kind of telling casual players, buy Gems and Convert if you want it. If that was the case why not put into BL Store.

I think it's a good thing that it isn't necessary. It's cool to have but not the be all, end all.

Also, as a super casual player myself, I don't mind the high cost. It's good to have goals in games like these. Just do dailies for the 2g per day. Work for 100% map completions. Do some HoT metas still. And you don't even really need to "farm" ... you just need some patience.

I remember farming gold in WoW for flight (back when the economy wasn't completely borked and it was hard to get and keep gold). It was rewarding and with a clear goal other than "ME WANTS TO BE RICH" ... it was actually fun! As long as you are realistic that it might take a while and you're OK with that, then just chip away.

Good luck! I hope to have myself a griffon by the end of the year.

I got too much time invested, too much gold invested, (2 Maps so another 100 gold) just to stop now but if they do release another mount I will be taking a close look at cost, time and enjoyment ratios and decide if it is worth it. I would rather be looking at the world they made (Even though there seems to be a stuck in combat mode in some areas) this xpac rather than go here grab this, kill that, protect this, and pay 25 for this. All that actual Work, then begin told to buy it, just kind of kills the feel of accomplishment to me.

@lmaogg.7325 said:As much as I am happy they added a hidden mount. Putting it behind a pay wall is ridiculous. Not all players have the time to grind events and farm up that precious gold.

I feel like it's rhetorical to say this but not all players are going to want it, and nobody actually needs it, any more than they need legendary armour.It's a prestige item. It shows others you've put in the hard work, and even as a prestige item this isn't especially hard.If you did nothing but the dailies for 4 months for that 2g each day, you'd be able to buy this in four months. With extra work you can get it sooner.Heck, I'm down to a couple of silvers after buying the jackal but I'm working steadily towards getting the griffon one day, only so I can ride it and whisper to myself, "You're a wizard, Harry!"

Archived