Where's the best place to hunt the new keys?

The chests I can handle. And one key per day by massacring Krait.

But supposedly they drop from mobs across Tyria. People say they've had them. So where do I go to get good (heck, I'd settle for not zero) drop rates on the farbling things? Or do I have to just go on a ferocious rampage, slaughtering everything I meet?

I went to the water southeast of Mt Maelstrom. There's always lots of krait around in the water, in their tower, and often in the tunnels. I got a key from the 4th krait I killed (which was a veteran I think and that may increase the odds). The problem is that anyplace with Krait will be crowded with farmers for the first couple of days, so most of the targets are dead.

There are two spots guaranteed to get you 10 kraits in a few minutes:

• At any sunken treasure, since they spawn krait as people open them. I haven't needed more than 5 minutes yet using that strategy.
  • Fractal 7 (Aquatic). The initial area contains about 15 krait in groups of 5 or so. No AR is required. Anyone with a DPS build can solo them; everyone else can two-person with a friend.

The last time I had random keys drop on me was when I did some karma drop farming in bitterfrost. Four keys from the krait daily, and two keys (one per day) from the BFF grinding. So yeah, just keep at the mobs. Sometimes you'll get one. Sometimes you'll get more than one. Sometimes you'll get none.

Archived