Heal Nerfs: change your build?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

As the title states, did anyone change their build because of the latest heal nerfs?

I did a small run through in WvW with the same SB adrenaline heal and signet build and didn’t really notice it too bad. That’s with 0 heal power.

I’m curious to what others have seen so far and am wondering about changing.

On paper Mending provides more hps now than Healing Signet (Mending is 6520 healing per 15 sec, and Healing Signet is 344 x 15 = 5150 healing within same duration.)

For open world goofing around I actually changed to Mending; core warrior with Strength / Discipline / Defense, Adrenal Health + Mending is quite strong now.

I haven't played WvW since the patch, but I guess I'd still use my Healing Signet there though, the two passive healings should be still strong (and also the resistance on the signet active).

@Zsoak.5409 said:On paper Mending provides more hps now than Healing Signet (Mending is 6520 healing per 15 sec, and Healing Signet is 344 x 15 = 5150 healing within same duration.)

For open world goofing around I actually changed to Mending; core warrior with Strength / Discipline / Defense, Adrenal Health + Mending is quite strong now.

I haven't played WvW since the patch, but I guess I'd still use my Healing Signet there though, the two passive healings should be still strong (and also the resistance on the signet active).

i was also thinking about mending, atleast its a condi remove aswell, ive played against condi cancer who just instantly corrupted the resistance from healing sigmending should be made to physical tho

@Zsoak.5409 said:On paper Mending provides more hps now than Healing Signet (Mending is 6520 healing per 15 sec, and Healing Signet is 344 x 15 = 5150 healing within same duration.)

Except that it has a 1 sec cast time.. so its 6520 /16 (at best!! But i know for a fact that you will NEVER pop your healing skill every 16 sec exactly because your midway a other combo/skill)

So its more realistic to say every 17/18 sec..(While not even get stunned during it)

So in the end healing signet heals more

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

Except that it has a 1 sec cast time.. so its 6520 /16 (at best!! But i know for a fact that you will NEVER pop your healing skill every 16 sec exactly because your midway a other combo/skill)

So its more realistic to say every 17/18 sec..(While not even get stunned during it)

it still removes 3 conditions and synergizes with runes like lyssa

and 6520/19=343...healing sig is 344

@RedShark.9548 said:

Y i was still thinking in the old numbers.But yes mending heals more in the end (not much)But it will cost you time. While with signet you can keep being aggresive.

Dunno. At the moment i still prefer signet.

Btw synergizes with lyssa?? Uhm lyssa convert 5 condies to boons? Not very effective if you remove condies firat by healing.. so lyssa wont do much i think.Edit: nvm thats on elite skill.. :)

Healing Signet is still better because it always works, will always top you off eventually. If you're missing 2k hp you're not going to want to use a 5k heal, or you use it too early and condi will pressure you harder etc.

I've tried it in open world, I don't like it hoenstly. The heal is too little when in open world some mobs can get you downed very quickly. Healing Signet also works during CC and in an emergency you can still activate it for some resistance too.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

Y i was still thinking in the old numbers.But yes mending heals more in the end (not much)But it will cost you time. While with signet you can keep being aggresive.

Btw synergizes with lyssa?? Uhm lyssa convert 5 condies to boons? Not very effective if you remove condies firat by healing.. so lyssa wont do much i think.Edit: nvm thats on elite skill.. :)

lyssa gives random boon on heal use, its something ^^'

@Blocki.4931 said:Healing Signet is still better because it always works, will always top you off eventually. If you're missing 2k hp you're not going to want to use a 5k heal, or you use it too early and condi will pressure you harder etc.

I've tried it in open world, I don't like it hoenstly. The heal is too little when in open world some mobs can get you downed very quickly. Healing Signet also works during CC and in an emergency you can still activate it for some resistance too.

yea but im not rly in need of healing when im missing 2k hp anyways...than ill wait till im missing 7k and heal back to fullsince it isnt pulsing resistance i dont rly feel save letting them stack more condis on me, id rather remove 3 conditions completely

ps. im not talking pve, idc about pve tbh

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Healing Signet is still better because it always works, will always top you off eventually. If you're missing 2k hp you're not going to want to use a 5k heal, or you use it too early and condi will pressure you harder etc.

yea but im not rly in need of healing when im missing 2k hp anyways...than ill wait till im missing 7k and heal back to fullsince it isnt pulsing resistance i dont rly feel save letting them stack more condis on me, id rather remove 3 conditions completely

I mostly play WvW, I know what a ton of condis feel like. Mending heal is just too low to be that useful honestly. Weapon swapping is a better condi cleanse than Mending, even without a Sigil of Cleansing on top of that. You only want to get rid of a max of 4 conditions anyway, since the rest won't kill you or is easily removed through either squad cleanse or low duration/other ways.

Best heal against condi pressure remains defensive stance though.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I mostly play WvW, I know what a ton of condis feel like. Mending heal is just too low to be that useful honestly. Weapon swapping is a better condi cleanse than Mending, even without a Sigil of Cleansing on top of that. You only want to get rid of a max of 4 conditions anyway, since the rest won't kill you or is easily removed through either squad cleanse or low duration/other ways.

Best heal against condi pressure remains defensive stance though.

i wouldnt play it in a zerg, im talking about roaming to be specific, have you ever fought a condi spec? weapon swap, even with cleansing sigil is not enough, and after the changes i dont think that berserker stance is the best way to deal with it, the duration is just too short to let the condis run out, they just pile condis on you and then it runs out, its more like a panic button when you get a big burst of condis to then try to remove them

I use natural healing over healing signet. 7 condis removed and big heal every 25s. If you pop it at cooldown, you are sitting at 466 health/s. I don't have a lot of boons anyway when roaming in wvw. I like how condi classes get demotivated aswel after dropping their bomb and seeing you clean off all the condis and get back to full health. I also run shake it off for the smaller condi pressure or as a stunbreaker. This combi makes fighting condi classes a breeze.

Archived