Running multiple duplicate classes

Why is there not a way to keep people from running multiple same classes.Its been 3 days of a team of Firebrands running invulnerable, 3 FB and sometimes 4 on a team.This should be exploiting.

As well as 3-4 necros, or back when Spellbreaker was broken, we had a match with five of them..

Why cant there be some sort of balance required...

This makes for lousy tournament fun when there is 4 FB and are basically un kill able.

Anyhow, I am sure the dev's never intended for this to occur, but leave it to the greedy people to find a way to manipulate the system an act like they have skills...

If you ask me this is hardcore exploiting of a tournament with allowed instances that really should not be..

Tournaments are becoming very lame.

I've seen a team of four necros (two were scourge) and one bunker FB (before the magi removal) get their behinds handed to them because my team, which consisted of three thieves, a mesmer, and ranger were able to easily out rotate them. We used our strength of mobility to win the match--divide and conquer. Learn how to use your strengths to counter the opposition's weakness.

@Crius.5487 said:I've seen a team of four necros (two were scourge) and one bunker FB (before the magi removal) get their behinds handed to them because my team, which consisted of three thieves, a mesmer, and ranger were able to easily out rotate them. We used our strength of mobility to win the match--divide and conquer. Learn how to use your strengths to counter the opposition's weakness.

Had a match much like this in an AT with my guildies. Enemy team class swapped and stacked Scourges and Firebrand and Druid, we out-rotated them and won.

As for limiting classes per match, it is silly really. Shouldn't be an issue to start with if classes are balanced, and most classes have weakness that won't be covered if you stack too many of them.

They need to code some way of preventing a player to swap to a class which already has 2 on their team. For example you load into a map and you already have 2 Mesmer's, one player goes to character swap screen and tries to login with another Mesmer - but they are prevented with an error pop up.

Another thing they can do it is make the change character button or logout button greyed out, meaning you can not click on those buttons unless you ALT F4 - only in a PvP match that is currently starting.

Archived