Cleansing Field Radius Too Small + Bad Field Placement (Med Kit #3)

santenal.1054

The radius Of Cleansing Field is too small. By the time you are finished casting the field you have already stepped outside the field (making you miss the condi cleanses #2, 3 and 4 plus trying to heal moving allies by blasting such a stationary small field maybe not even worth trying?). Give this field the same radius as the water fields of healing turret (480 range instead of 300) and the field should pop up at the location where the character is at the moment the cast ends (not at the location where you first activate the skill) (or just make it a ground targeted skill like super elixir?) (or make the field follow you like the Reconstruction Field from Medic Gyro F1 skill?)Other then this, bandage self could use a 3/4s cast time and put the regen of #5 on the F1 skill. (it doesn't make much sense to spread all the self heal capabilities over 4 skills, med kit is slow enough as is. The ratio health gained/time spend is too bad atm)(I have no opinions about #1 and #2)

If you're going for a support build say, Alchemy, Inventions, Scrapper and taking Experimental Turrets using Thumper Turret for the pulsed protection for condition clearing then you'll see that the belt skill for Thumper turret is an instant blast finisher capable of blasting Cleansing field. If you time it in advance - the way you would for self blasting the water fields on staff(Geyser or Healing Rain) by using Ice Spike- then you also have a blaster by laying down Infusion Bomb(number five) first and then laying down Cleansing Field(number three) on top of it just before it detonates. That's one blast organic to the kit via Infusion bomb, an instant blast from Thumper turret off the belt skill, and another nearly instant if you drop Supply Crate on it assuming you take supply crate as your elite skill.

It's far from impossible to blast Cleansing field- at least with that sort of build. Other parts of the profession are still in a bad way but I have to give credit where it's due. Someone actually put some effort into righting the med kit. Depending on how you gear/trait for it, say combining alch, invent, scrapper for barrier, protection cleansing via turrets and shield skills, and swapping between pistol shield and medkit - engineers are excellent at being absolutely front line in your face healers. What more if you pair one kitted so with a glass build holosmith it's frightening the things you'll both get away with now. I actually hope they don't nerf it.

It would be too much if it moved with the Engi I think. It's not supposed to be better than every other healing option. We should have options, not move from one "best healing skill no matter what" to another.

It definitely should drop where you end the animation though, like every other skill. That to me is a bug and should be fixed.

@santenal.1054 said:The radius Of Cleansing Field is too small. By the time you are finished casting the field you have already stepped outside the field (making you miss the condi cleanses #2, 3 and 4 plus trying to heal moving allies by blasting such a stationary small field maybe not even worth trying?). Give this field the same radius as the water fields of healing turret (480 range instead of 300) and the field should pop up at the location where the character is at the moment the cast ends (not at the location where you first activate the skill) (or just make it a ground targeted skill like super elixir?) (or make the field follow you like the Reconstruction Field from Medic Gyro F1 skill?)Other then this, bandage self could use a 3/4s cast time but the rest of med kit is well designed as a self heal imo. (I have no opinions about #1 and #2)

Agreed. Cleansing Field could use the same radius as Healing Turret of 480 and it should be fixed to spawn at your current position.

Bandage Self needs to have it's cast time reduced because you get nothing from the skill other than healing yourself.

Med Blaster needs to have its' healing increased by a lot. It also needs to remove the boon requirement from allies in order to be effective.

Bandage Blast I think it would be better if it works like Med Pack Drop. It will be the only ground targeted skill and it functions similar to Med Pack Drop and heals for the same amount, only it has an 8 seconds cooldown and the engineer can pick these up as well. You might say that this is overpowered and will give engineer too much sustain, but keep in mind this is a supportive kit and one that can help you be a bunker. If Tempest, Druid and Firebrand can heal their allies tremendously, why not give the engineer this kind of skill?

Archived