Poor stat selection on the Mist skins

@Mewcifer.5198 said:You can always statswap them. I am assuming their importance is more about the skins than the actual stats.Considering they cost about the same as a regular ascended weapon + the annoyance with the wandering NPC to get the recipe - they really should have some useful stats for selection such as berserker.Now you need to pay the cost to craft an ascended weapon - use mystic forge to swap stats - waste transmutation charge to put skin back on. Sounds like a waste?

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:You can always statswap them. I am assuming their importance is more about the skins than the actual stats.Considering they cost about the same as a regular ascended weapon + the annoyance with the wandering NPC to get the recipe - they really should have some useful stats for selection such as berserker.Now you need to pay the cost to craft an ascended weapon - use mystic forge to swap stats - waste transmutation charge to put skin back on. Sounds like a waste?

Sounds like standard skin hunting to me. The game has a lot of skins tied to items that are not really all that good for much besides the skin. At least with this one you can repurpose the item with statswapping. Anyone who does a lot of collecting skins knows that sometimes you have to jump through a few hoops just to get a skin and only a skin.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:Why is there such a poor stat selection on the "new" mist skins? I crafted them and noticed that they only have celestial, crusader and trailblazer for choice. So completly useless?

Yes, I'd have much preferred a wider selection of stats but they seem to have chosen the same stats as the Herald's Shield.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glint%27s_Bastion

Which is a pity really as these are "core" Revenant weapons and the other "core" Revenant equipment, the Mistward Plate armour, gave a choice between Berserker's, Knight's and Rabid.

I assume they're being grouped in with the elite specilisation weapon/armour pieces, all of which require completing a whole collection to obtain and only let you choose from about 3-4 stat selections.

Not saying it's good, or even ok, just that I suspect that's the thinking behind it.

Personally I'm not too bothered about the stats since they're relatively easy to swap.Let's be honest, most people are going for the skins, which are something many people are happy to see return after the earlier announcements that they were "lost".We can actually draw a comparison with the Stellar Ascended weapon set. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stellar_weaponsThese come with unique and (for some) very desirable skins but can only be crafted to have Marshal stats (a far more niche combination IMO). At least the Mist- weapons have 3 options, and are cheaper and easier to craft than Stellar.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:You can always statswap them. I am assuming their importance is more about the skins than the actual stats.Considering they cost about the same as a regular ascended weapon + the annoyance with the wandering NPC to get the recipe - they really should have some useful stats for selection such as berserker.Now you need to pay the cost to craft an ascended weapon - use mystic forge to swap stats - waste transmutation charge to put skin back on. Sounds like a waste?

Or you could look at as a huge cost for unlocking a skin (although less than the OP has paid for many of their wardrobe options), out of which you get a free piece of ascended gear. And not just a skin: a skin for which some of the community yelled & screamed for ANet to make available.

Left to me, I would have allowed any core stats to be chosen. However, the fact that the options are limited seems like a trivial issue; seems to me that the appropriate response is, "so glad it's finally here."

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:Personally I'm not too bothered about the stats since they're relatively easy to swap.Let's be honest, most people are going for the skins, which are something many people are happy to see return after the earlier announcements that they were "lost".We can actually draw a comparison with the Stellar Ascended weapon set.These come with unique and (for some) very desirable skins but can only be crafted to have Marshal stats (a far more niche combination IMO). At least the Mist- weapons have 3 options, and are cheaper and easier to craft than Stellar.

You're just upset about the typo, right? ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist — I agree that it's comparable. See also: funerary armor/weapons, among many, many others)

Archived