Any new Reaper Benchmarks?

Oldirtbeard.9834

Might take a while. Do note that power reaper's new buffs won't actually effect its benchmark by much. I can see 0.5-1k increase maybe due to Well of Suffering's shorter cool down but otherwise, no real buffs. While it is nice that Well of Power FINALLY generates might, you would have 25 power when dps testing anyways so it's redundant to that effect.

Might see a slight increase to condi though due to BiP's more frequent condi application.

This is why I can't take endgame PVE seriously in this game when ANet doesn't take balancing seriously, in WoW I can use what ever specialization/class I want and Raid with out any issues other than Mythic level, not being in a static because you work nights and don't have a set schedule no problem you've got Raid Finder and Normal Raids. At least ANet knows where it's bread and butter is and that's in it's Open World and Personal Story, where every two or three months the people that bankroll this place show up and buy something shiny to look great while playing for a week before disappearing again. I kind of feel like I'm stuck between the two groups in this game as I log in regularly, but I don't even bother with End Game Instanced content because it's too restrictive to my play style. I suppose I'm a Hardcore Casual.

Now now, don't despair. Most raid groups will accept a scourge as scourge's easier rotation tends to be a more reliable source of damage. And, if you have a guild that raids and isn't too bothered with what you take, power reaper can even be accepted. I raided a few times with power reaper and was actually doing quite good. Thing is, unless you have the most perfect group set up with experienced raiders, a lot of groups will not reach the highest benchmarks. Necro's simple rotations often means they are top dps (20k+) if the group is not very experienced. Unless a particular raid boss is a dps race, often 15k dps across the board is acceptable.

@Methuselah.4376 said:Now now, don't despair. Most raid groups will accept a scourge as scourge's easier rotation tends to be a more reliable source of damage. And, if you have a guild that raids and isn't too bothered with what you take, power reaper can even be accepted. I raided a few times with power reaper and was actually doing quite good. Thing is, unless you have the most perfect group set up with experienced raiders, a lot of groups will not reach the highest benchmarks. Necro's simple rotations often means they are top dps (20k+) if the group is not very experienced. Unless a particular raid boss is a dps race, often 15k dps across the board is acceptable.

I've thought about it, however I'd have to spend a ton of gold I don't currently have to re stat my ascended gear, then I only have 2 Ascended Weapons that would even apply to a Scourge build such as Calagbolg which I can turn into a Scepter, and a Dagger which I would have to reset as well.

Which means I'd have to run around with two exotic Carrion Weapons.

Then there's the fact I couldn't wield a Great Sword any more and shelve dozens of Black Lion and other assorted skins I've collected over the years with nothing to work with cosmetically for a Scourge, all that just to be Meta; doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Or ANet could get their crap together and do proper balance which isn't too much to ask considering the money I've spent on this game.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@"Sublimatio.6981" said:

i uploaded this as soon as patch came out

What traits are you using? I managed to reached 26.7k with the weapon and skill setup you have before the patch

dont forget the frost spirit nerf this patch. its down to 5%+ dmg (originally 10%)edit: although the nerf shouldnt be so significant, since the proc-chance got increased to 100% from 75%

remember also EA was nerfed, on top of frost spirit.my traits are in the description@Methuselah.4376

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 please look at this. Please buff the dps of power reaper significantly or rework the class like you did chrono. I want to have respectable dps while playing my favourite class and not be a burden to other people. Also when wielding GS, utility wells have no casting animation since 2015.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:remember also EA was nerfed, on top of frost spirit.my traits are in the description@Methuselah.4376

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 please look at this. Please buff the dps of power reaper significantly or rework the class like you did chrono. I want to have respectable dps while playing my favourite class and not be a burden to other people. Also when wielding GS, utility wells have no casting animation since 2015.

Yes, it's bad enough we were not relevant in our own expansion Heart of Thorns, but now we've been completely forgotten by the Balance Team except for small token buffs that are like putting out a House Fire with a Garden Hose with no pressure.

Archived