Playing GW2? What are you listening to...

A lot of the time I'm listening to the TV because my computer is in the living room and I don't like shutting myself off from everything else that's going on with headphones. If we're listening to music it can be almost anything, I don't pick music to go with the game it's just whatever we feel like listening to at the time. Rock, metal, punk, pop, rap, Disney soundtracks....

One which is weird but kind of cool is listening to another game's soundtrack while playing GW2. Wind Waker works surprisingly well, or something like Skyrim for a more obvious choice.

@"Mortifera.6138" said:I was PvPing to At the Gate's /

/ album, but we still lost. (We may have lost, but at least I have good taste. Explain that one, Anet.)

I never listen to music when I have to focus, and PvP definitely is one of those game modes where I feel I need to focus 100%. ;)

Other than that, I love the GW2 soundtrack - but when I am in the mood for something else, my vast music collection provides me with a variety of musical styles and options (rock, pop, jazz, funk, old school hiphop, classical music, orchestral soundtracks, and what not) - although GW1+2, for some reason, often inspire me to primarily listen to the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Melissa Eitheridge (pre-1998), Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol (the early stuff), Coldplay (pre-2013), and tons of other artists to whom I can't help but sing along. =)

Currently on repeat:

• Bury Tomorrow - Black Flame(from their upcoming album)

When not on a single-track-on-repeat kick, I switch between various playlists that include:

• GW2 Soundtrack + GW1 tracks (like Eye of the Storm)
  • Other video game music like:Killer Instinct soundtracks, Mario 64, Doom (especially SnapMap tracks), Gero Goerlich's Everspace, Project Torque, EVE-Online, Starpoint Gemini (Globus), The Saboteur (great music including Ella Fitzgerald), as well as VGM by Adam A. Dearborn and James R. Norman, or even some Blue Stahli
  • Heavier, yet melodic music like:Anterior, Architects, Trivium, the rest of Bury Tomorrow's discography
  • Various atmospheric tracks like:'Cygna - Su Abir', 'Aural Planet - Exposure', 'Porter Robinson - Sea of Voices', 'AmBeam - Qolleh-ye Damavand' as well as loads of other atmospheric music
  • Various kinds of dubstep tracks like 'Nightcore - Nintendo'

I'm usually listening to either political commentators, or I'm listening to nerd paraphernalia commentators. If not that, I'm either watching players play Yugioh, or I'm watching an old TV series that I've always meant to catch up on. Sometimes I'll actually listen to music, but its usually either from a collection of Touhou remixes or Miku Miku dance videos.

In no particular order and by no means a complete list:the game first and if that is on mute then -----BNL, Carbon Leaf, The Chieftains, Dean Martin, The Dubliners, Falco, George Jones, George Micheal, Guns N Roses, Hayseed Dixie, Helen Reddy, Jimmy Buffett, Metalica, Minstrels of Mayhem, Muppets, Prince, Empty Hats, Pyrates Royale, Rev Billy C Wirtz, Rush, Southern Culture on the Skids, Spirit of the West, Wylde Nept, Toto, Meat Loaf, Def Leppard, Great Big Sea, Bette Midler, Miku Hatsune, Schoolhouse Rock, Weird Al

Except when I'm raiding and in a Discord call, I usually play my own playlist of my favorite Metal songs and put it on shuffle (only when I'm in a specific mood do I play something else, but that is not based on GW2). A few examples of what might blast out of my speakers when I shuffle my list: Absu, Behemoth, Bolt Thrower, Carpathian Forest, Napalm Death, Nocturnus, Dødheimsgard, Emperor, Gehenna, Gorefest, Impaled Nazarene, Slayer, Kreator, Marduk, Melechesh, Nile, Morbid Angel, etc. For those of you who are Metal fans, you get the gist.

@Mortifera.6138 And yes, At the Gates is also in my list. Though I do prefer their first 3 over Slaughter of the Soul. :)

Archived