Spider venom

sokeenoppa.5384

Spider venom just makes your attack apply poison. So you now apply a condition to the enemy, and you are a souce of poison. There is a max stack of poison each mob allows, and you contributed to a number of those stacks which gets calculated in the amount of damage done to that mob, in this case condition.

There are many skills that poison mobs, not purely from thieves. Everyone gets calculated for the damage they applied as far as I know.

@DarthFurby.3970 said:Spider venom just makes your attack apply poison. So you now apply a condition to the enemy, and you are a souce of poison. There is a max stack of poison each mob allows, and you contributed to a number of those stacks which gets calculated in the amount of damage done to that mob, in this case condition.

There are many skills that poison mobs, not purely from thieves. Everyone gets calculated for the damage they applied as far as I know.

Thieves' Venom utilities share the Venom effect to nearby allies up to 5. OP was asking if the shared Venom was counting to the DPS of the Thief or the allies.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@DarthFurby.3970 said:Spider venom just makes your attack apply poison. So you now apply a condition to the enemy, and you are a souce of poison. There is a max stack of poison each mob allows, and you contributed to a number of those stacks which gets calculated in the amount of damage done to that mob, in this case condition.

Thieves' Venom utilities share the Venom effect to nearby allies up to 5. OP was asking if the shared Venom was counting to the DPS of the Thief or the allies.

The number of targets on the skill refers to how many mobs will be effected by the poison when you hit them, I don't see anywhere on the skill that refers to allies sharing benefits. Though I am looking at the wiki summary and not the in game skill, so I may need to wait till I get home.

Usually the wiki does a better job summarizing.

Edit : Alright I see the notes. The target still refers to mobs I believe, note says you share the skill with all nearby allies. In which case you are still applying poison independently and will each have your dps calculated that way. You are now each your own source of poison.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Ty.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:I think it's better to try it with some friends. Get a group of 5 or more people, and start to hit the golem. Test your dps with venom only by yourself. Then give your allies venom and test it again.

Easier method is to take just 1 friend into the training area and have him attack the golem. You don't attack at all, but do share venoms.

If your DPS is a non-zero amount, then shared venoms count toward your DPS, not your allies'.

Archived