Rifle deadeye from top5 EU to gold league

Urejt.5648

@Urejt.5648 said:Rifle deadeye is no longer good in pvp due to very weak survivalability. Connecting dodge with stealth is very bad for the class. Fast patch is requested.

If you want more survivability, then play s/d or d/p. Quit whining about your braindead, easy to play specialization being nerfed and start playing the profession properly. Deadeye only teaches you bad habits and it'll never get you in higher leagues.

@Urejt.5648 said:Rifle deadeye is no longer good in pvp due to very weak survivalability. Connecting dodge with stealth is very bad for the class. Fast patch is requested.

Use Death's retreat, kneel 4 and shoot them to blind, meld, shadow step if you have too. We have options outside of dodge. I'll be the first to admit I rarely used DR before patch now I find myself using it more. Plus Kneel 4 is super underrated.

@Almondjoy.8964 said:

Use Death's retreat, kneel 4 and shoot them to blind, meld, shadow step if you have too. We have options outside of dodge. I'll be the first to admit I rarely used DR before patch now I find myself using it more. Plus Kneel 4 is super underrated.

While yeah, it's still weird to connect dodge to stealth. I'd much rather have the old stealth on kneel.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

While yeah, it's still weird to connect dodge to stealth. I'd much rather have the old stealth on kneel.

I understand what your saying, but we need to stop looking at it like just pure stealth I think. I don't use it to engage or disengage. I only use it for getting DJ without using meld. All my other stealth options, like meld, or Gust, I use for those purposes.

IMO its just how Daredevils use bound and there dodge roll. They have an offensive move connected to dodge and now so does DE. Use it literally just like another attack if you ask me. It can also be used as the dodge if you want and get stealth for DJ in the other ways if you want.

@Almondjoy.8964 said:

I understand what your saying, but we need to stop looking at it like just pure stealth I think. I don't use it to engage or disengage. I only use it for getting DJ without using meld. All my other stealth options, like meld, or Gust, I use for those purposes.

IMO its just how Daredevils use bound and there dodge roll. They have an offensive move connected to dodge and now so does DE. Use it literally just like another attack if you ask me. It can also be used as the dodge if you want and get stealth for DJ in the other ways if you want.

I also look at it for using DJ, the old method was still better. Wasting a dodge so you can get a DJ out is not a great practice, especially if you're close to the edge of your max range, you risk dodging out of range. It just doesn't make sense.I stopped using Silent Scope entirely.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

I also look at it for using DJ, the old method was still better. Wasting a dodge so you can get a DJ out is not a great practice, especially if you're close to the edge of your max range, you risk dodging out of range. It just doesn't make sense.I stopped using Silent Scope entirely.

I commend you for not using it. No one has to use Silent Scope. I find PvP to be way more flexible in what works and doesn't than in PvE.

We all have our styles and one isn't exactly worse or better than the other so long as YOU the player can make it work in the situations you find yourself in.

In that specific situation thats why I keep shadowstep as a utility. I can quickly get in range for the kill shot and step back to regain position. Or just use it to outplay people.

No class was to made excel in every situation, except scourge maybe lol. No matter what build we run we are gonna run into situations we Don't like.

As a mention to the previous iteration I actually didn't like the stealth on kneel as it took too long in my taste to setup and using to escape was just a no. But as I said before different isnt bad. So im sure you were able to make work more than I ever could. I never got DJ's off in PvP prior to this patch.

@Almondjoy.8964 said:

I commend you for not using it. No one has to use Silent Scope. I find PvP to be way more flexible in what works and doesn't than in PvE.

We all have our styles and one isn't exactly worse or better than the other so long as YOU the player can make it work in the situations you find yourself in.

In that specific situation thats why I keep shadowstep as a utility. I can quickly get in range for the kill shot and step back to regain position. Or just use it to outplay people.

No class was to made excel in every situation, except scourge maybe lol. No matter what build we run we are gonna run into situations we Don't like.

As a mention to the previous iteration I actually didn't like the stealth on kneel as it took too long in my taste to setup and using to escape was just a no. But as I said before different isnt bad. So im sure you were able to make work more than I ever could. I never got DJ's off in PvP prior to this patch.

Well, i'd say Open World PvE, especially, is way more accommodating than PvP. Still doesn't mean that Silent Scope wasn't nerfed, and has a weaker implementation, especially for PvP. I mean that dodge bar is a very precious resource in PvP, having to waste half of it to get a nerfed DJ out is not exactly a good thing.

Well, Scourge wasn't made to excel in every situation... It's easy to counter in range, by Rifle DE for example... But that's off-topic.

@Volrath.1473 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:I don't think that profession with very high long range dmg should have anything else but weak survivability.Stealth on Dodge was indeed rather funny change.

Can you send that memo to rangers pls. I don't think they got it.

Rangers specced for "very high long range dmg" already have low survivability with less options to disengage.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Well, i'd say Open World PvE, especially, is way more accommodating than PvP. Still doesn't mean that Silent Scope wasn't nerfed, and has a weaker implementation,
especially
for PvP. I mean that dodge bar is a very precious resource in PvP, having to waste half of it to get a nerfed DJ out is not exactly a good thing.

Well, Scourge wasn't made to excel in every situation... It's easy to counter in range, by Rifle DE for example... But that's off-topic.

Yes it is a valuble resource but its not the only resource, as I said earlier. With the new DE I am a firm believer in disenaging completely with things like DR than prolonging a fight up close with dodges. If its not up close and in a range battle we just win with kneel 4 if we can get it off. Again thats just the way I choose to play.

As far as it being weaker, that's a possibility in the long run, but me coming from a fighting game background I know what its like to have a character get its legs chopped off and this was hardly it. Being able to adapt is a big thing in the FGC rather than asking for buffs and nerfs espcially with the changes being less than a week old isn't appropriate atleast not yet. Maybe im just old school in my thinking before devs would patch and change things a lot.

In PvE with the DPS drop thats one thing I do hope gets a addressed and I hope has no baring on PvP.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:I don't think that profession with very high long range dmg should have anything else but weak survivability.Stealth on Dodge was indeed rather funny change.

Rangers specced for "
very high long range dmg
" already have low survivability with less options to disengage.

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahahaHui.... BaaaaahahahahahahahahahaIt killing me.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

For how powerful DJ and Backstab can be, it is absolutely worth the trade of using a dodge to access those skills.

@Turk.5460 said:

For how powerful DJ and Backstab can be, it is absolutely worth the trade of using a dodge to access those skills.Backstab? You do realize that silent scope is rifle only, right?And DJ is doing significantly less damage from my experience so far.

@Volrath.1473 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:I don't think that profession with very high long range dmg should have anything else but weak survivability.Stealth on Dodge was indeed rather funny change.

Rangers specced for "
very high long range dmg

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahahaHui.... BaaaaahahahahahahahahahaIt killing me.

Not sure if you can tell the difference between Ranger and Druid. Because if you have trouble defeating Ranger specced for high dmg due to its "survivability" then this is pointless argumentation.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

For how powerful DJ and Backstab can be, it is absolutely worth the trade of using a dodge to access those skills.Backstab? You do realize that silent scope is rifle only, right?And DJ is doing significantly less damage from my experience so far.

I didn't realize that you weren't permitted to use a Dagger in your secondary set if you had a Rifle in your primary. Silly me.I'm in Marauder/Zerk mix and DJ is hitting with 5 stacks of Malice for 13k. That't pretty potent for an unblockable attack.

@Turk.5460 said:

I didn't realize that you weren't permitted to use a Dagger in your secondary set if you had a Rifle in your primary. Silly me.I'm in Marauder/Zerk mix and DJ is hitting with 5 stacks of Malice for 13k. That't pretty potent for an unblockable attack.

... Sure but you still need to be using a Rifle to dodge and get stealth... Honestly, doing it with Silent scope to switch to dagger to backstab, is waaay more contrived than simply using an utility.

13k Compared to the 20+ it was hitting before is still a lot, especially if you consider how if you're doing things right, by the time Malice is full, the opponent shouldn't require a DJ to kill (in PvP)...Also, what does it matter if it's unblockable... You're doing it from stealth. 7/10 times the other guy won't know when to block. Also from a PvE standpoint that unblockable tag has no real utility.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

... Sure but you still need to be using a Rifle to dodge and get stealth... Honestly, doing it with Silent scope to switch to dagger to backstab, is waaay more contrived than simply using an utility.

13k Compared to the 20+ it was hitting before is still a lot, especially if you consider how if you're doing things right, by the time Malice is full, the opponent shouldn't require a DJ to kill (in PvP)...Also, what does it matter if it's unblockable... You're doing it from stealth. 7/10 times the other guy won't know
when
to block. Also from a PvE standpoint that unblockable tag has no real utility.

Outside of a gimmick build it was never hitting for 20+k in Marauder's gear. Especially not with only 5 stacks of malice. You need the multiplicative bonuses from the CS line for that, and if you took that in sPvP then what else can I say but I hope you enjoyed bronze?

I play WvW, and it doesn't sound like you're very familiar with skirmishing in WvW, small scale or duels. A good strategy is to open from range with Rifle, chip them down, then swap to your offset to finish - such as a dodge for stealth, swapping to D/P then landing a SS/Backstab.

Oh, and unblockable matters -a lot- considering the incredibly obvious and loud cues both visual and audible. If you've been fighting potatoes who don't react to literally the biggest tell in the game then you shouldn't be basing anything off that experience.

@Turk.5460 said:

13k Compared to the 20+ it was hitting before is still a lot, especially if you consider how if you're doing things right, by the time Malice is full, the opponent shouldn't require a DJ to kill (in PvP)...Also, what does it matter if it's unblockable... You're doing it from stealth. 7/10 times the other guy won't know
when
to block. Also from a PvE standpoint that unblockable tag has no real utility.

Outside of a gimmick build it was never hitting for 20+k in Marauder's gear. Especially not with only 5 stacks of malice. You need the multiplicative bonuses from the CS line for that, and if you took that in sPvP then what else can I say but I hope you enjoyed bronze?Well, idk what is gimmicky for you (considering you're wearing Marauders), but i'm talking from the perspective of berserker gear (exotics).Anyway, i haven't pvped in a while, and haven't' done it with DE, ever.

I play WvW, and it doesn't sound like you're very familiar with skirmishing in WvW, small scale or duels. A good strategy is to open from range with Rifle, chip them down, then swap to your offset to finish - such as a dodge for stealth, swapping to D/P then landing a SS/Backstab.LOL WvW... You mean follow the mother hen?

Oh, and unblockable matters -a lot- considering the
incredibly obvious and loud cues both visual and audible
. If you've been fighting potatoes who don't react to
literally the biggest tell in the game
then you shouldn't be basing anything off that experience.Well, that might be true, but then again, forums swarm with people complaining that DJ is impossible to avoid pre and post rework. Still last i checked NPCs don't react to tells like that.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Rangers specced for "
very high long range dmg

Not sure if you can tell the difference between Ranger and Druid. Because if you have trouble defeating Ranger specced for high dmg due to its "survivability" then this is pointless argumentation.

Or play soulbeast and have both?3 invulns is pretty damned good given the ability to have way higher damage.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:

Or play soulbeast and have both?3 invulns is pretty damned good given the ability to have way higher damage.

Soulbeast is again different than Ranger. I don't know what the 3rd Invu is, but it's unbalanced design should not be an excuse to have two bad designs.I am not defending Rangers here, merely supporting my thought that long range classes with high dmg should not have good survivability. Their type of dmg and required playstyle already is part of their survival which can't be said for melee professions.Like I just wrote; that there is profession with high lr. dmg and good survivability means it could use some look in to, not buffing others.

Archived